PDA

View Full Version : I know most of you have seen this before...

LambertIsGod58
08-28-2006, 11:20 AM
but I can't get enough of it...The forever Immaculate Franco Harris!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZi2ryWsShY

Elvis
08-28-2006, 02:30 PM
I havent seen that certain footage so it was pretty cool to me...I would like to be able to see that ground and just see if the ball actually touched the ground or not wouldnt you?
God Bless the USA
ELvis

HometownGal
08-28-2006, 03:07 PM
I"m with you, Lambert- I can't get enough of that play either! I was there at TRS with my Dad for that game and I'll never, ever forget it. :bouncy: Couldn't talk for a week after that game - LOL! Thanks for the memories. :smile:

LambertIsGod58
08-28-2006, 03:11 PM
You were there?.....It must be pretty cool to able to you were there in person for arguably the greatest play in sports history.

HometownGal
08-28-2006, 03:31 PM
You were there?.....It must be pretty cool to able to you were there in person for arguably the greatest play in sports history.

Yep I was there, Lambert. Section 646. My Dad had season tix for years and years at TRS before he gave them to me. I gave them up when Heinz Field was built - still kicking myself in the doopa. :dang: Funny thing - Art Rooney, Sr. never saw the play. He thought the game was over and was on his way downstairs to his office when the play happened - LOL! I saw the play "The Chief" and that's where I learned this.

LambertIsGod58
08-28-2006, 03:43 PM
One of my life's biggest biggest regrets is never getting to Three Rivers for a game...Almost went in '97. Shoulda, woulda, coulda.......

19ward86
08-28-2006, 03:44 PM
that was the best play in sports ever! that video never gets old.

steelcity984
08-28-2006, 04:18 PM
The question is not whether the ball hit the ground! it is whether Tatum or Fuqua (wasn't that who they threw it to? or someone else?) hit the ball!

LambertIsGod58
08-28-2006, 04:22 PM
There was a rule back then that the ball could not be touched by two offensive players...It's been implied that the ball touched Frenchy. From my view point, it hit Tatum on the shoulder pad. Franco says only he knows if it ever touched the ground or not...The Chief's advice was "let the play stay Immaculate"....My interpretation is to never tell one way or the other.

steelermaniacXL
08-28-2006, 04:34 PM
awesome

HometownGal
08-28-2006, 06:17 PM
One of my life's biggest biggest regrets is never getting to Three Rivers for a game...Almost went in '97. Shoulda, woulda, coulda.......

TRS was a great place for football, but awful, imho, for baseball. I actually liked TRS better than Heinz. Lots of great memories in that old mausoleum! Colder than a witch's teet in the winter when we used to have snow in Pittsburgh - LOL! I cried like a baby watching it being imploded from my office window. :crying03:

Midnightwriter07
08-28-2006, 07:27 PM
i love watching that video over and over !! Was just amazing and a great start to the run we had !!

steelermaniacXL
08-28-2006, 07:43 PM
The only football play crazier than Franco's immaculate reception was Bill Levy calling Big Ben's dive at the goal line a TD...

LambertIsGod58
08-28-2006, 08:32 PM
The only football play crazier than Franco's immaculate reception was Bill Levy calling Big Ben's dive at the goal line a TD...

Another Seatroll fan here...

Midnightwriter07
08-28-2006, 08:48 PM
ummm by al replay accounts, it was a TD and a good call. the edge of the ball was over the white line.. so i dont get what the arguement still is of it lol ..

steelermaniacXL
08-28-2006, 08:52 PM
ummm by al replay accounts, it was a TD and a good call. the edge of the ball was over the white line.. so i dont get what the arguement still is of it lol ..

I was just saying it was another great play.

steelcity984
08-28-2006, 09:48 PM
I like antonio chatman's "he did what?!" play personally. (even though it wasnt in the playoffs or anything.)

SteelCityMan786
08-28-2006, 10:35 PM

That was in fact the right call. It doesn't matter how much of the ball crosses the plain. If any part of the ball crosses it is a Touchdown. I don't know what the hell people are thinking it was bad call.