PDA

View Full Version : Heinz Field

BlitzburghRockCity
06-20-2005, 11:06 PM
Reading the other thread about rating the stadiums in the leage.. made me think of something that has bugged me since Heinz was built.

Dont get me wrong, Im all for the Steelers being part of the community and the local high school teams being able to play in a big time stadium and all. BUT....

Why can't the panthers get their own stadium.. I mean, all the games played every year.. 8 steeler home games, atleast 2 preseason, possible post season, then u have the panther home games, and the local high school teams play their championship games there. It's just too much IMO. The northeast weather is hard enough on natural surface fields as it is, without adding to it. I mean we resod the field atleast twice a year and by the time december comes, its in terrible shape again.

Call me a pessimist or selfish if u will, but w/ all the money that has gone into our stadium and how long it took us to get it, its gonna get old and worn out before its time.. just like TRS. Granted it lasted 30 years, but still, the last 10 years or so, it was falling about left and right.

What do you all think?

RoethlisBURGHer
06-21-2005, 10:41 AM
I agree.The Pitt Panthers need thier own stadium.Heinz Field (like TRS) gets used too often.

BB2W
06-21-2005, 12:26 PM
I think it is ridiculous, the playing surface is horrible. The only fields voted worse were domes. I think it shoud be for the Steelers only. There is alot riding on the players footing.

BlitzburghRockCity
06-21-2005, 03:41 PM
Im glad Im not the only one that feels this way... I commend the rooney's for being so devoted to the city and the panthers and all..but man, all this time it took to get Heinz Field and w/ in 10 or 15 years, we'll be griping becuz its run down and needs replaced again.

And the field, sooner or later, they're gonna have to go to field turf.. spending hundreds of thousands of dollars every year to replace the sod, etc, is just not cost effective when u have a stadium in our climate w/ all the use that it gets.

Prosdo
06-21-2005, 05:42 PM
I agree the Panthers need their own field.

clevestinks
06-21-2005, 07:54 PM
All in favor say "I".

Hey a Steelers Fever petition!

BlitzburghRockCity
06-21-2005, 09:50 PM
Im not sure How much pull we'd have the Rooney's just yet but we're getting there :D

Aye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!