PDA

View Full Version : Wallace picking up where he left off.

Da Pimp
07-25-2013, 01:01 PM
I know, you are sick of Wallace posts (ducks head avoiding thrown shoe ala W. Bush.)

But here is an update.

Source: South Florida Sun-Sentinel - Omar Kelly

Miami Dolphins WR Mike Wallace hasn't impressed anyone during offseason team activities or so far in training camp, and he hasn't shown good chemistry with QB Ryan Tannehill, either. Wallace has been dropping passes and doesn't consistently run full speed in practices, and he hasn't connected on a long pass in 11-on-11 drills with Tannehill all offseason.

I would love to think this is a foreshadowing of what the Fins can expect from him, but, in all honesty, he is a vet who knows not to kill himself in the FL heat in camp. I do not believe this proves he will be his lazy 2012 self come real games. That being said, champions practice hard to some degree. This kid is showing that he doesn't like to hustle when he doesn't feel like it. There is a line between knowing not to kill yourself every play in camp and not pushing yourself hard enough to be your best. There is a line in there some where.

So Wallace is dropping passes and not running full speed? Shocker. I don't know. All I do know is I am glad he isn't in Pgh any longer. That douchie attitude can rub off and I believe it did last season. I am so glad Wallace and Mendenhall are gone. BA BYE

Fire Arians
07-25-2013, 01:21 PM
thread moved to nfl forum + reopened

about wallace, i'm glad we didn't pay this douche copter

tony hipchest
07-25-2013, 01:25 PM
wallace loafing in camp? no way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASpkAakb4EU

Blacksburg Zach
07-25-2013, 02:20 PM
Hooray! Another Wallace thread!

pczach
07-25-2013, 02:53 PM
Miami is about to find out what happens when you make a guy with poor work ethic the highest paid player on your team. He sets the standard. He shows the young guys how to do it. He has a greater negative impact in the locker room that bleeds onto the field with other players, than a positive impact on the field with his play.

This is my opinion. We'll see what happens, but I am glad this guy is gone.

GodfatherofSoul
07-25-2013, 04:39 PM
What separates the good franchises from the bad? How they deal with these kinds of players.

Buddha Bus
07-25-2013, 04:43 PM
The Mike Wallace motto:

http://cdn.someecards.com/someecards/filestorage/deserve-raise-doing-half-workplace-ecard-someecards.jpg

Buddha Bus
07-25-2013, 05:13 PM
http://static.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/1347202495460_6529964.png

MACH1
07-25-2013, 05:17 PM
http://static.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/1347202495460_6529964.png

Thats my motto. :chuckle:

Buddha Bus
07-25-2013, 05:21 PM
Thats my motto. :chuckle:

Here at SF it would be:

"I did a bunch of moderating today and got paid jack shit." :sofunny:

Da Pimp
07-25-2013, 05:36 PM
Miami is about to find out what happens when you make a guy with poor work ethic the highest paid player on your team. He sets the standard. He shows the young guys how to do it. He has a greater negative impact in the locker room that bleeds onto the field with other players, than a positive impact on the field with his play.

This is my opinion. We'll see what happens, but I am glad this guy is gone.

It happened in Pgh last year: Wallace crap attitude bled into the team over all. The "young money" crew were negatively impacted by this little jerk.

GBMelBlount
07-25-2013, 05:59 PM
Pimpmeister

It happened in Pgh last year: Wallace crap attitude bled into the team over all. The "young money" crew were negatively impacted by this little jerk.Can't risk getting hurt.

Agree 1000%.

Now he can't risk getting hurt because he has ANOTHER big contract negotiation in just 5 or 6 years.

IowaSteeler927
07-26-2013, 08:13 AM
Good riddance. Miami can have Wallace and his lackadaisical work ethic and outlandish sense of entitlement. They can have him when he's dropping passes in crunch time, when he's taking plays off, and when he's making piss poor attempts at blocking or just not blocking at all. I was happy to see him leave. Mike Wallace has elite speed, but no work ethic, and mediocre hands.

ebsteelers
07-26-2013, 11:43 AM
when i think mike wallace i think of this jam

dude is just..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww5GXbk58R0

Lady Steel
07-26-2013, 02:48 PM
The standard is still the standard with Wallace. :laughing:

fansince'76
07-26-2013, 03:09 PM
Although the article is a bit premature, it is worth noting that he half-assed it BEFORE he got the big money, primarily because he WASN'T getting the big money. So what exactly is his incentive to work hard now? (A question the Dolphins FO most assuredly never asked themselves before backing up the Brinks truck for his services)

There's a reason the Dolphins (and teams like them) have been mired in irrelevancy for years...

IowaSteeler927
07-27-2013, 08:13 AM
Although the article is a bit premature, it is worth noting that he half-assed it BEFORE he got the big money, primarily because he WASN'T getting the big money. So what exactly is his incentive to work hard now? (A question the Dolphins FO most assuredly never asked themselves before backing up the Brinks truck for his services)

There's a reason the Dolphins (and teams like them) have been mired in irrelevancy for years...

Yes there is. I can admit I grew up idolizing Dan Marino and my Dad raised me a Dolphins fan in his image. When Marino left town I lost all interest in the Dolphins and naturally went to solely following the Steelers as they were always a team that I admired for the hard-nosed defense and style of play. I felt like the Dolphins ran Marino out a year or two early and I'm glad I came to my senses and decided to go all in with Steeler Nation because the Dolphins organization is a circus. Any team that can have probably one of the best if not thee best quarterback of all time playing under center and not win a Super Bowl is just astonishing to me.

Things happen for a reason. Now and for the rest of my life I'll always be a Steelers Fan. I run into fellow Steelers fans and there's a camaraderie amongst us that I never felt with any other Dolphins fan growing up. Being a member of Steeler Nation is truly like being a member of a huge extended family.

GMU Steeler
07-27-2013, 07:27 PM
I don't miss him at all. Love what he did for us but his whole me first attitude and his lack of fight fo the ball soured me off. Miami's going to regret this deal. And Markus Wheaton will be the better receiver of the two within a year or two.