PDA

View Full Version : Any Offensive Line Concerns?...

Elvis
08-28-2006, 01:25 PM
Now, before everyone bashes my question.... I love our O linemen... but right now we Are Not making the blocks in the running game... are we really satisfied with our running game right now? I am Not... I saw Faneca get beat twice against the Eagles... and our running game is just about non existent except when big man Kuhn is in there bulling people around.. I am concerned and I believe we all should be... I dont want to see a wide open passing attack this year because a few years back we tried that with Tommy Gun... and what did it get us??...... Nothing...
God Bless the USA...
Elvis

tony hipchest
08-28-2006, 01:30 PM
the difference between maddox and ben is about the same as the difference between elway and maddox. like one of the linemen said the steelers hadnt gameplanned or prepared for the eagles to keep all out blitzing. if teams try this during the season all the time they will get burnt.

HometownGal
08-28-2006, 02:03 PM
Now, before everyone bashes my question.... I love our O linemen... but right now we Are Not making the blocks in the running game... are we really satisfied with our running game right now? I am Not... I saw Faneca get beat twice against the Eagles... and our running game is just about non existent except when big man Kuhn is in there bulling people around.. I am concerned and I believe we all should be... I dont want to see a wide open passing attack this year because a few years back we tried that with Tommy Gun... and what did it get us??...... Nothing...
God Bless the USA...
Elvis

I'm not worried at all about our OL. You also have to remember that Hines hasn't been playing and he is the best blocking wideout in the league. His presence is missed more than just his pass-catching abilities.

Stlrs4Life
08-28-2006, 04:35 PM
I am not over worried, but am a little concerned, Ben seemed to be getting a little too much pressure versus the Eagles.

Midnightwriter07
08-28-2006, 04:59 PM
I am not worried on offense as a whole much either.. they are only out there for a few series. I like the fact of Reid and Washington and Holmes getting more playing time to get the feel of what it will be like and of course seeing kuhn has made me a believer that we do have another option at RB when some tough yards are needed.

The line play hasnt been spectacular, but i think they have played long enough with each other that they will gel when game time comes. Plys, not having Parker in the game but one or two series makes it a little different.

Is the defense i am always more concerned about at this time.

Elvis
08-28-2006, 05:57 PM
Well... see there is where I dissagreee with you midnightwriter... not to contridict what you are saying or saying you are wrong...so dont get me wrong.. but I believe our Dee is definitely going to be just fine as soon as our FS situation is resolved. And I really dont believe that Hines makes 50 or 60 yards a game difference in our running game either. I think that there is more to Hines's injury than what the Steelers are tellin'. This is kind of how Duce started out.. ahhhhh... "everything is fine.. he'll be back soon" that is what they said about Duce... I am really worried about Hines and I hope that I am wrong..Our O Line has got to get it together or Ben is doomed...
God Bless
Elvis

Midnightwriter07
08-28-2006, 06:23 PM
I am more of the mentality ... " if they dont score, they dont win " in our recent past, we have won many games even when the offense didnt do much ... yes even with Big Ben at the helm... the offense will come around and we arent a team that has ever really won games by just trying to out score the opponent and playing in games where they score 30 points on us and us winning. The defense to me is always more important because i feel if we shut down other teams then we will get points on the board no matter what with the weapons we do have.

Elvis
08-28-2006, 06:31 PM
Well.. the way that the division that we play in is changing... the Bengals are a very potent offense.. we are gonna have to score more points when we play teams like that... our Offense is gonna have to play up to the level that the Bengals are playin' at or our Dee cant stand up to that all day...Palmer is gonna be back and does everyone think he isnt gonna get better each year.. he is very talented and they have an offense that is going to be very tough this year..their Dee is not that good and that is what is gonna keep them from winning a tittle... they are just like the KC Chiefs.. they havent got a Defense..
God Bless
Elvis

clevestinks
08-28-2006, 06:53 PM
I`m a little concerned, although it is early. I`m hoping they come together soon. Also there isn`t much depth so they need to stay healthy!

nicesteel4life
08-28-2006, 07:05 PM
Not worried about the O-LINE a bit. When It's game time they will spark.
Hines is a worrie, but I think he will be fine when we need him. I have to disagree with a few. We are the most Vanilla playbook in pre-season. How can you all be worried about the same line that did it last year. It didn't change.....Com'on People find something else to worry about.