PDA

View Full Version : Ravens TE Pitta dislocates hip, out indefinitely

Buddha Bus
07-28-2013, 06:20 AM
Ravens TE Pitta dislocates hip, out indefinitely
Associated Press 8 hrs ago

OWINGS MILLS, Md. (AP) Baltimore Ravens tight end Dennis Pitta dislocated his hip in practice Saturday and will be sidelined indefinitely with what coach John Harbaugh called "a serious injury."

Pitta was carted off the field after colliding with safety James Ihedigbo in the back of the end zone vying for a pass from Joe Flacco. The receiver lay prone for several minutes before the cart arrived.

The Ravens begin defense of their Super Bowl title on Sept. 5 in Denver. Pitta will at least miss that game, Harbaugh said, but the severity of the injury could keep the tight end out for much longer than that.

The Ravens re-tweeted a story by ESPN in which a league source said Pitta would miss the entire season.

Baltimore general manager Ozzie Newsome did not immediately answer a text message from The Associated Press seeking information on Pitta's status.

After practice, a somber Harbaugh said, "Dennis has a dislocated hip. We'll have to take a look at that and see exactly what it is. It's a serious injury. He is going to be out for a while. He will not be in the Denver game and we'll just have to play it from there to see how long it goes."

(Read More:) http://news.yahoo.com/ravens-te-pitta-dislocates-hip-indefinitely-014249971.html

__________________________________________________ ___________

The Ravens are going to find out just how tough it is to go to back-to-back Super Bowls. This is a huge blow to their offense with no Boldin as Flacco's security blanket. Pitta figured to be a main target to help pick up the slack of Anquan's departure. Oooops!

pczach
07-28-2013, 07:08 AM
That sucks....and it had to hurt like hell. I don't like to see anyone get hurt.

Vis
07-28-2013, 07:10 AM
Not just dislocated, it broke.

pczach
07-28-2013, 07:19 AM
Killer posted the confirmation that he fractured his hip in another thread.....that sucks.

Fire Haley
07-28-2013, 07:42 AM
Killer posted the confirmation that he fractured his hip in another thread......

not just 'another thread'

the correct one for all current updated injury information from around the league

a good mod would already have deleted this thread for shitty reporting

Buddha Bus
07-28-2013, 07:45 AM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzu4gb-No2pR-kVK0D1UWn8QARM6paVxV1dtsYrk95edNB9r2LLg

Buddha Bus
07-28-2013, 07:58 AM
Killer posted the confirmation that he fractured his hip in another thread.....that sucks.

Funny, I searched "Ravens Pitta" and it didn't come up. I guess the search engine doesn't give a shit about his threads either. Maybe he ran it off? :noidea:

pczach
07-28-2013, 08:17 AM

the correct one for all current updated injury information from around the league

What? Are you for real?

I was just giving you props for posting it. There's no need for that Killer.....come on man.

pczach
07-28-2013, 08:29 AM
"Why God????!!!!!!.......WHY???????!!!!!!!!!"

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo357/elyssadc/0000y3t8-1.gif

Fire Haley
07-28-2013, 08:33 AM
well I thought it was funny

Bayz101
07-28-2013, 08:46 AM

Lets say three more players go down to an injury today, Killer. We have two or three people discussing the new injuries, and two or three people discussing the Pitta injury, all in the same thread. Several different discussions in one thread. It can be a little confusing, and that's why I don't have a problem with a thread for Pitta. Especially considering he's a major player for our division rival.

I like your thread, though. It's like a RSS Feed for all the injury news. :chuckle:

Buddha Bus
07-28-2013, 08:53 AM
Lets say three more players go down to an injury today, Killer. We have two or three people discussing the new injuries, and two or three people discussing the Pitta injury, all in the same thread. Several different discussions in one thread. It can be a little confusing, and that's why I don't have a problem with a thread for Pitta. Especially considering he's a major player for our division rival.

I like your thread, though. It's like a RSS Feed for all the injury news. :chuckle:

I hadn't even seen that thread when I posted this one. I thought, as you said, since it was a division rival it should be a topic for discussion by itself. I was surprised when I searched for it that it wasn't already up. It wasn't intentional. It happens all the time here where someone has posted something in a thread, but it wouldn't necessarily be found unless you read every single thread to find it. :noidea:

Fire Haley
07-28-2013, 08:53 AM

well YE-AH!

I was just trying to help our twitter generation

one click is enough for all

Bayz101
07-28-2013, 09:14 AM
I hadn't even seen that thread when I posted this one. I thought, as you said, since it was a division rival it should be a topic for discussion by itself. I was surprised when I searched for it that it wasn't already up. It wasn't intentional. It happens all the time here where someone has posted something in a thread, but it wouldn't necessarily be found unless you read every single thread to find it. :noidea:

I wasn't arguing with you, Buddha. I have no problem with this thread, seeing as it's relevant to our division. I honestly have no problems with separate threads for injuries, seeing as having everyone talking over each other in one thread can get a little confusing. I'm all for the separate threads for closer discussion, and the main thread for updates. Similar to a feed.

Sorry if I seemed argumentative. I haven't slept in 29 hours. I can be unclear. :chuckle:

Bayz101
07-28-2013, 09:17 AM
well YE-AH!

I was just trying to help our twitter generation

one click is enough for all

Well, it's nice having a compilation, but i'm sure you can see where, with several injuries, multiple discussions can be confusing to some. That's why I don't mind having separate threads, especially for players relevant to our division. No one is in the wrong here, but you can leave the "good mod" shit to yourself.

Buddha Bus
07-28-2013, 09:18 AM
I wasn't arguing with you, Buddha. I have no problem with this thread, seeing as it's relevant to our division. I honestly have no problems with separate threads for injuries, seeing as having everyone talking over each other in one thread can get a little confusing. I'm all for the separate threads for closer discussion, and the main thread for updates. Similar to a feed.

Sorry if I seemed argumentative. I haven't slept in 29 hours.

No, no, no. I didn't take it as you being argumentative at all. Just stating the reason why I posted a separate thread. If you have a problem with that, we can step outside, buddy! :chuckle:

Get some sleep, Bagz! :drink:

Bayz101
07-28-2013, 09:20 AM
No, no, no. I didn't take it as you being argumentative at all. Just stating the reason why I posted a separate thread. If you have a problem with that, we can step outside, buddy! :chuckle:

Ah, okay. I'll be hitting the hay soon, but right now, i'm setting up some behind the scenes goodies for the season ahead. Lots of cool stuff on the way!

Buddha Bus
07-28-2013, 09:29 AM
Ah, okay. I'll be hitting the hay soon, but right now, i'm setting up some behind the scenes goodies for the season ahead. Lots of cool stuff on the way!

Tease.

I knew you were askeert. :flex: :hit:

:heh:

tony hipchest
07-28-2013, 10:05 AM
so what have we learned from this thread? That bayz has been on a 29 hour meth binge and will now be hitting some hay which we all know is slang for smoking some reefer.

And killer wants good mods.:toofunny:

That is rich. I think I will apply.....

Bayz101
07-28-2013, 10:13 AM
so what have we learned from this thread? That bayz has been on a 29 hour meth binge and will now be hitting some hay which we all know is slang for smoking some reefer.

And killer wants good mods.:toofunny:

That is rich. I think I will apply.....

And that the Ravens are slowly getting worse with each day.

SteelersCanada
07-28-2013, 10:25 AM
God Buddah, stop fucking up the forums.

:hug:

I think the one thing we can all bond over are injuries to the Ravens.

GBMelBlount
07-28-2013, 10:25 AM

Killer is the official shitstirrer. :stirthepot:

Fire Haley
07-28-2013, 10:34 AM
of course everybody wants to be like me, lookit everybody come running when I snap my fingers

it's a gift

MasterOfPuppets
07-28-2013, 11:40 AM

would he then be considered ..."sleeping bagz" ...:chuckle:

Bayz101
07-28-2013, 11:40 AM
would he then be considered ..."sleeping bagz" ...:chuckle:

:poop:

Lady Steel
07-28-2013, 09:29 PM
Killer is the official shitstirrer. :stirthepot:

Poor Killer. He's so misunderstood. :laughing:

Fire Arians
07-29-2013, 01:58 PM

too bad we don't have any good mods, im too busy getting drunk and laid on the weekends :chuckle:

Fire Arians
07-29-2013, 02:33 PM
anyway i hate dennis pitta but sucks to hear he's hurt, you don't wish that on anybody. besides, i don't want excuses from the ravens fans when we beat them, i want em (and us) at full strength when we play

Buddha Bus
07-29-2013, 02:38 PM
anyway i hate dennis pitta but sucks to hear he's hurt, you don't wish that on anybody. besides, i don't want excuses from the ravens fans when we beat them, i want em (and us) at full strength when we play

I'm not gonna cry any tears for the guy, but I don't wish injury on anyone either. Him being out certainly improves our chances in the division this year though.

I just hope our team can avoid the serious injury bug this season. We have had more than our fair share over the past couple of seasons. It would be nice to make it through one with no major losses, especially on the o-line.

Buddha Bus
07-29-2013, 04:22 PM
Report: Joe Flacco 'disconsolate' over Dennis Pitta loss
By Chris Wesseling
Around the League Writer
Published: July 29, 2013 at 12:02 p.m.

Gregg Rosenthal pointed out Sunday that the onus is on Joe Flacco to carry the Baltimore Ravens' flawed collection of receiving talent following tight end Dennis Pitta's season-ending hip injury.

While general manager Ozzie Newsome insists the Ravens aren't panicking over Pitta's injury, his quarterback is not taking the loss in stride. Flacco was "walking around the Ravens' complex looking disconsolate," TheMMQB.com's Peter King reported Monday.

As King notes, Pitta was slated to be Flacco's go-to target in key situations with Anquan Boldin out of the picture. Pitta also is Flacco's best friend on the team.

Newsome conceded to SI.com's Don Banks that the Ravens don't yet know their offensive identity, hinting that the passing game might transition to a vertical attack that relies heavily on play-action.

It's a plan that makes sense, as Ray Rice and Bernard Pierce are two of the NFL's top 20 running backs. Furthermore, the Ravens have deep speed to spare at wide receiver but lack proven chain movers.

(Read More:) http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000222738/article/joe-flacco-reportedly-disconsolate-over-pittas-injury

NSMaster56
07-29-2013, 06:22 PM
Hard not to feel bad for a guy like Pitta. Still has plenty of years left and in a contract year.

Bo Jackson's career was derailed by a hip injury. BO !@#$%^& JACKSON.

teegre
07-29-2013, 07:59 PM

So, you dislike the mods. Good for you. Go elsewhere then.

Seriously.

This forum is extremely well run. Check out other sites; they suuuuck... especially when juxtaposed with this site.

I know that the mods will (again) suggest that I just ignore you, but sometimes one has to simply reply to such egregious baiting. (Are you really baiting the mods???)

Killer vs. The Mods

Ha, ha, ha... this should be good. Go ahead, take on Mach... I dare you. Call Bayz names... complain about SCMom... go ahead, bait away. Please. I'll give you some of your precious karma, if you'll keep taunting them. Please... do it.

Lady Steel
07-30-2013, 02:29 AM
While general manager Ozzie Newsome insists the Ravens aren't panicking over Pitta's injury, his quarterback is not taking the loss in stride. Flacco was "walking around the Ravens' complex looking disconsolate" TheMMQB.com's Peter King reported Monday.

:laughing: Suck it up, buttercup.

Buddha Bus
07-30-2013, 04:13 AM
Ravens' Dennis Pitta doesn't have further hip damage
By Dan Hanzus
Around the League Writer
Published: July 29, 2013 at 07:58 p.m.

Cheer up, Joe Flacco. We have some much-welcomed good news on the state of Dennis Pitta's damaged hip.

Coach John Harbaugh announced Monday that the Ravens tight end did not suffer ligament or cartilage damage when he fractured and dislocated his right hip during practice Saturday, according to The Baltimore Sun.

Pitta underwent surgery on the hip Saturday night. With no other complications involved, it is expected that Pitta will be able to return for the 2014 season.

"Basically, the ball was pushed out of the socket and pushed backwards," Harbaugh said Monday. "It's an injury that happens a lot of times in car accidents. He got his knee caught up under him when he fell. I think there's only eight documented cases of this in football that I've read about. It's a very rare football injury.

(Read More:) http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000223206/article/ravens-dennis-pitta-doesnt-have-further-hip-damage

__________________________________________________ ___________________

Glad to hear he'll be able to recover and resume his football career. I still won't miss him this year though.

JonM229
07-30-2013, 12:23 PM
Some good news to come from this:

Vonta Leach Re-Signs with Baltimore Ravens (http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp13/story/_/id/9519827/vonta-leach-re-signs-baltimore-ravens)

The Baltimore Ravens re-signed Vonta Leach, coach John Harbaugh announced after Monday's practice.

The Pro Bowl fullback signed a two-year contract Monday after being released by the Ravens in June.

"He's in shape and ready to go. And we're pleased to have him back," Harbaugh said. "Having Vonta back gives you a physical presence for sure with your offense, short yardage, goal line. Also, it's a leadership presence."

The Ravens released Leach last month when the sides couldn't come to terms on reducing his $3 million salary this year. But the Ravens reportedly had a standing offer of $2 million plus incentives and had been in contact with Leach since parting ways.

Since losing tight end Dennis Pitta to a season-ending hip injury, the Ravens have signed Leach and tight end Visanthe Shiancoe.

Leach also had drawn interest from the Miami Dolphins, New York Giants and Houston Texans.

Buddha Bus
07-30-2013, 02:37 PM

Vonta Leach Re-Signs with Baltimore Ravens (http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp13/story/_/id/9519827/vonta-leach-re-signs-baltimore-ravens)

Boooooooo! :thmbdown:

Who invited the damned Rat fan to our site?

Oh yeah..... ooops...... my bad. :doh:

pczach
07-30-2013, 02:46 PM

Get lost Rat fan! :flap:

JonM229
07-30-2013, 03:23 PM
Linebackers across the AFC North have been reported to be shaking in their boots

ebsteelers
07-30-2013, 03:42 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/28248111.jpg

Fire Arians
07-30-2013, 03:49 PM
leach sucks :P

Buddha Bus
07-30-2013, 04:14 PM
leach sucks :P

I see what you did there. :mg:

pczach
07-30-2013, 04:56 PM
It looks like the Ratbirds have decided to feature the run even more with the loss of Boldin and Pitta's injury.

Ground Harbaugh.......The $20 million dollar QB that won't be allowed to throw the ball more than 20 times a game.

:chuckle:

Buddha Bus
07-30-2013, 05:01 PM
It looks like the Ratbirds have decided to feature the run even more with the loss of Boldin and Pitta's injury.

Ground Harbaugh.......The $20 million dollar QB that won't be allowed to throw the ball more than 20 times a game.

:chuckle:

I fully expected this move as soon as I heard Pitta was out for the season. No surprise. It's actually a smart move.

I guess they could have signed Aaron Hernandez..... oh wait....

pczach
07-30-2013, 05:05 PM
I fully expected this move as soon as I heard Pitta was out for the season. No surprise. It's actually a smart move.

I guess they could have signed Aaron Hernandez..... oh wait....

A lot more Ray Rice is a very dangerous thing.

Buddha Bus
07-30-2013, 05:09 PM
A lot more Ray Rice is a very dangerous thing.

They also have Bernard Pierce who looked promising, and at times, better than Rice last year. I hope our D doesn't sleep on him.

pczach
07-30-2013, 05:19 PM
They also have Bernard Pierce who looked promising, and at times, better than Rice last year. I hope our D doesn't sleep on him.

Remember when they had Priest Holmes as their backup. Holmes used to kill the Steelers every time he was in the game. I always thought he was amazing. He went to the Chiefs, and the rest is history.

Buddha Bus
07-30-2013, 05:21 PM
Remember when they had Priest Holmes as their backup. Holmes used to kill the Steelers every time he was in the game. I always thought he was amazing. He went to the Chiefs, and the rest is history.

Yeah. The Ravens had a tough decision to keep him or Jamaal Lewis. I guess it worked out for both teams/players. They were both damn good RBs.

tony hipchest
07-31-2013, 09:32 AM
Yeah. The Ravens had a tough decision to keep him or Jamaal Lewis. I guess it worked out for both teams/players.yeah, they gave up on the far more superior player with impeccable character, and kept the coke head. :thumbsup:

big suprise. :coffee:

Fire Arians
07-31-2013, 01:05 PM
yeah, they gave up on the far more superior player with impeccable character, and kept the coke head. :thumbsup:

big suprise. :coffee:

worked out for us pretty well, i'd rather not have our defense face priest holmes in his prime twice a year lol. i remember him giving our defense more fits than lewis ever did.

i remember when he was a backup in baltimore, i'd often be like 'who the hell is this priest holmes guy and how is he gaining yardage against our run defense?'. then being ecstatic when finding out he got traded away to KC, and not really being surprised when he started blowing it up there.

Buddha Bus
08-05-2013, 04:21 AM
Looks like Pitta's replacement, Ed Dickson, is now hurt.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Ed Dickson exits Ravens practice with hamstring strain
By Dan Hanzus
Around the League Writer
Published: Aug. 4, 2013 at 09:19 p.m.

The Baltimore Ravens still are adjusting to life without tight end Dennis Pitta. Now they might have to temporarily make do without his replacement.

Ravens coach John Harbaugh confirmed that Ed Dickson exited practice early Sunday with a strained hamstring.

(Read More:) http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000226165/article/ed-dickson-exits-ravens-practice-with-hamstring-strain
"Ed Dickson, his hamstring grabbed a little bit, so we pulled him out for precautionary reasons," Harbaugh said, according to The Baltimore Sun. "We'll take a look at it and see how it looks."