PDA

View Full Version : Eagles Trade for Stallworth

83-Steelers-43
08-28-2006, 05:23 PM
Receiving-depleted Eagles get Stallworth from Saints
ESPN.com news services

He filled in well for Joe Horn in New Orleans, so the Eagles are hoping Donte' Stallworth can fill some big shoes in Philadelphia.

On Monday, the Eagles acquired the veteran wide receiver from the Saints for a conditional fourth-round draft pick in 2007 and linebacker Mark Simoneau. The trade is pending both players passing physicals with their new teams.

Stallworth caught a career-high 70 passes last season for 945 yards and seven touchdowns. The Saints' top receiver, Horn, missed a number of games with a hamstring injury, forcing New Orleans to look for alternatives. Stallworth stepped up, but with the return of Horn and the arrival of Saints first-round pick Reggie Bush -- who is expected to get plenty of touches -- the five-year veteran out of Tennessee became expendable.

He'll be counted on for plenty in Philadelphia, which has been searching for a reliable receiver since Terrell Owens was broke his leg last December. In the offseason, the controversial Owens was moved, ending up in Dallas. The Eagles' depth chart lists Todd Pinkston, who missed all of 2005 with a torn Achilles, and second-year player Reggie Brown as the starting wide receivers.

Simoneau is a seven-year veteran out of Kansas State.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2564338

Livinginthe past
08-28-2006, 05:59 PM
That should be a nice signing for the Eagles - N.O are obviously hurting in the LB corps and are looking for a player who is solid enough to get plenty of reps from an elite team.

As a Patriots fan I was pretty interested in what Stallworth could bring to the table - not a genuine No.1 but someone who might have worked in a passing scheme that shares it around - not far removed from Philly I suppose.

NM

CantStop85
08-28-2006, 06:02 PM
A hint that maybe New Orleans will be splitting Reggie Bush outwide a little more than we expected?

Da Question
08-28-2006, 06:03 PM
:dang:
eagles got a good rookie from my home state in hank baskett. Hope his time dont get cut by getting stallworth.

Livinginthe past
08-28-2006, 06:07 PM
A hint that maybe New Orleans will be splitting Reggie Bush outwide a little more than we expected?

Reggie Bush will be put wherever the ball is about to go.

It will be interesting to see how he reacts to taking some big hits from LBers trying to make a name for themselves.

NM

HometownGal
08-28-2006, 06:22 PM
Good trade on both sides. I drafted Stallworth in a bunch of my FFL's as a second and third wideout and am glad he went to the Eagles. I like the McNabb/Stallworth combo. :bouncy:

SteelCityMan786
08-28-2006, 06:28 PM
eagles got a good rookie from my home state in hank baskett. Hope his time dont get cut by getting stallworth.

I'm thinking that's the case. The Eagles need receving

tony hipchest
08-29-2006, 10:40 AM
eagles got a good rookie from my home state in hank baskett. Hope his time dont get cut by getting stallworth.im a hank baskett fan too. the chances are better that the eagles trade greg lewis to the vikings and keep baskett. i think hes earned his spot.