PDA

View Full Version : Couldn't have said it better myself

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
08-28-2006, 09:05 PM
SUN NEEDS TO SET ON JOEY SUNSHINE

Okay, we rarely make open calls for the termination of anyone's employment. We've only ever done it twice, to our recollection: Former Vikings coach Mike "Meathead" Tice and former Vikings V.P. of player personnel Fran "Fred Flintsone" Foley.

We're now ready to make our first firm plea to a major media outlet to pull the plug on a guy who sticks to his convictions like John Kerry with a closed head injury.

Joey Sunshine must go.

We're talking, of course about ESPN's Joe Theismann.

We've noticed a troubling trend of late. Theismann takes a position. And then he wraps his legs around it. And then the wind blows. And then Theismann does a 180. And then he wraps his legs around his new position, ignoring that he ever held just as strongly to any other view.

The specific problem here is that one week ago Theismann proclaimed that Owens would never be a problem for his entire career in Dallas. Tony Kornheiser, stunned by the Namathesque guarantee, wisely pushed Theismann at the time. Like a 6-year-old being grilled by grandpa regarding who ate the last of the Oreos, Joey Sunshine dug into his stance even harder.

Theismann even went so far as to guarantee that Owens would return to practice on Wednesday of last week.

Now, with Owens missing more practices due to his hamstring injury and after missing a meeting and a rehab session, Theismann is sounding like a guy whose long-term memory only extends five days into the past.

Appearing Monday on ESPN's Mike and Mike in the Morning, Theismann teed off on T.O.

"He doesn't need to be on a football team," Theismann said. "He's a tremendous distraction. . . . I' just disgusted with this guy. He's a jerk. He's just a flat-out jerk the way he conducts himself. No respect for his teammates. No respect for the coaching staff. No respect for the game of football."

Joe, all he did in the past five days was: (1) not practice due to a hamstring injury; and (2) miss a meeting and a rehab session. We're not condoning Owens' actions (in fact, we agree with Theismann's current position), but how do the most recent developments justify a guy who had his nose in T.O.'s crotch suddenly putting a gun to Owens' head?

We're hoping that Kornheiser is loaded for bear on Monday night, and we hope that he'll ask Joey Sunshine for his current views on Owens.

We also hope that Tony will then roll the tape of Joey Sunshine's comments from last week, and that he'll then ask Theismann precisely when he . . . lost . . . his . . . freaking . . . marbles.

And if Kornhesier doesn't do it, then they both should get the boot.

Ambridge
08-28-2006, 09:36 PM
Theismann getting the boot off Monday Night Football!!!

I say we all pray to the football Gods to make it happen.

sixstringlass
08-30-2006, 09:24 AM

Amen!!!!!

HometownGal
08-30-2006, 09:39 AM
"He doesn't need to be on a football team," Theismann said. "He's a tremendous distraction. . . . I' just disgusted with this guy. He's a jerk. He's just a flat-out jerk the way he conducts himself. No respect for his teammates. No respect for the coaching staff. No respect for the game of football." And, and, and - TO made me look like the hypocrite and chowderhead that I am in front of all of my peers. Oh woe is me.

Maybe Joe the Schmo and TO can team up and co-author a book called "I Love Me Some Me, But That Got Me Jack Shit". :cool:

LambertIsGod58
08-30-2006, 11:57 AM
Maybe Joe the Schmo and TO can team up and co-author a book called "I Love Me Some Me, But That Got Me Jack Shit". :cool:

LMFAO!!!!:rofl:

LambertIsGod58
08-30-2006, 12:00 PM

This guy really needs to go...I don't like Kornheiser either though. Tirico went to Syracuse. When I was a Junior in HS, we had a shadowing program. You chose a profession of choice and the school would set it up for you to partner with someone in that field. I did mine with Mike Tirico shortly after he came out of SU. I'm gonna get ahold of him for tickets next Monday Night game in Pittsburgh. As for Joey Sunshine :monkey: