PDA

View Full Version : What's going on with Staley?

dhosmer
08-28-2006, 10:02 PM
Looks like this could be the last week for Staley to prove himself. Hard to believe though, with our perceived lack of depth... unless they really love Kuhn.

http://www.theredzone.org/news/showarticle.asp?ArticleID=4256

clevestinks
08-29-2006, 05:03 AM
I`m not on Staleys bandwagon, but if he reamins a Steeler, which I don`t think he will, but if he does I will root for him like I would anyone wearing the Black & Gold. I would like to think that we can do better than him.

Steel Pit
08-29-2006, 05:28 AM
While watching the game Friday night I beat the follwing statement about Staley to death,
"I don't see how they're going to keep him" "I don't see how they're going to keep him."
Staley is running as if he's arthritic in the hips. I totally support keeping John Kuhn over Staley.

LambertIsGod58
08-29-2006, 07:06 AM
We should start a petition to get rid of Staley.

stlrtruck
08-29-2006, 07:14 AM
Let's let the coaches do their job. Support them with the decision until it proves to be the wrong one. Maybe Staley's just taking it easy during the games and saving himself for the regular season.

Now, with that in mind, I do like the way Kuhn's has been running and would like to see him have a role in the offense but again, it's not my decision and as part of Steelers Nation, my job is to support the team...like a marriage....through the thick and thin of it!

LambertIsGod58
08-29-2006, 07:32 AM
Whether we believe it or not...coaches don't always make the right decisions.

clevestinks
08-29-2006, 08:07 AM
Whether we believe it or not...coaches don't always make the right decisions.

I heard that! Cowher makes more right than wrong descision, but all coaches make tons of mistakes. Your + - ratio just needs to be good

HometownGal
08-29-2006, 08:20 AM
Maybe Staley's just taking it easy during the games and saving himself for the regular season.

If he is doing that, he's going to relax himself right out of a job. Pre-season wins and losses mean absolutely squat, but this is the time when the players are competing for a position - Cowher and his coaches aren't just going to hand Duce a roster spot - he has to earn it, which thus far, he hasn't done, imho. I'm still giving him the benefit of the doubt here and am hoping he redeems himself in the Panthers game, but if we still see what we've been seeing thus far out of Duce, bring in the hook - that's all folks!

stlrtruck
08-29-2006, 10:38 AM
If he is doing that, he's going to relax himself right out of a job. Pre-season wins and losses mean absolutely squat, but this is the time when the players are competing for a position - Cowher and his coaches aren't just going to hand Duce a roster spot - he has to earn it, which thus far, he hasn't done, imho. I'm still giving him the benefit of the doubt here and am hoping he redeems himself in the Panthers game, but if we still see what we've been seeing thus far out of Duce, bring in the hook - that's all folks!

I was trying to lie to myself to make me feel better about Staley's lackluster performances thus far in the pre-season.

Haiku_Dirtt
08-29-2006, 12:00 PM
I`m not on Staleys bandwagon, but if he reamins a Steeler, which I don`t think he will, but if he does I will root for him like I would anyone wearing the Black & Gold. I would like to think that we can do better than him.

Exactly IMO.

Ambridge
08-29-2006, 02:22 PM
If Staley should go I hope the Steelers would try and get something in return for him even a 5-7 round draft choice would be better than just flat out cutting him and getting nothing in return.

WWIIOwheelz
08-29-2006, 02:24 PM
I've been talking about Haynes the whole offseason. I've just had a feeling he was going to be the man for that position. It's not done yet, but I still think it will be.

redst3
08-29-2006, 04:41 PM
Kuhn is younger, cheaper and hungrier. he also played blocking back in the third and fourth last week- dont know if any of you saw it. Duce got more carries in the pre-season than anyone else and he avged 2 yds per carry.

Ever see the movie "Evrybody's All American" where the Billy Cannon-esque character (His name was Gray) cant move the ball any more?

Remember Kordell's 1996 and 1997 season?

Duce...big in the rear and hips, cant get it done. Its a brutal and cold sport. Thanks for the memories.

Midnightwriter07
08-29-2006, 05:45 PM
I think Haynesrolewill stay the same, with Kuhn doing more of the grunt work... Staley will need to lose weight and get back to his old form if he is going to do any damage for us. Parker and Kuhn will be the two that get more of the carries i think after watching pre season.. Humes on the practice squad.

clevestinks
08-29-2006, 06:43 PM
I think Haynesrolewill stay the same, with Kuhn doing more of the grunt work... Staley will need to lose weight and get back to his old form if he is going to do any damage for us. Parker and Kuhn will be the two that get more of the carries i think after watching pre season.. Humes on the practice squad.

I think this is pretty damn accurate! Nice job!

redst3
08-29-2006, 07:29 PM
Parker and Kuhn will be the two that get more of the carries i think after watching pre season.. Humes on the practice squad.

Yes and with Kuhn getting time as backup for Krieder, that will help him get his spot....

Midnightwriter07
08-29-2006, 08:51 PM
yeah Kuhn will have a multi purpose .. can be the backup FB and one of the RBs as well because he has some speed and appears to have decent vision when running the ball. I like him and he did impress more than Staley running the ball... I would really like to watch him with more of the 1st team Thursday.

jaysta
08-29-2006, 10:54 PM
yeah Kuhn will have a multi purpose .. can be the backup FB and one of the RBs as well because he has some speed and appears to have decent vision when running the ball. I like him and he did impress more than Staley running the ball... I would really like to watch him with more of the 1st team Thursday.

Right on! Not to mention that Kuhn's alot younger. Staley started playing Pee Wee ball before Kuhn was even close to being born. Not to mention that Kuhn played for Shippensburg, a D2 school. I love watching guys from smaller schools make it big in the pros!

redst3
08-30-2006, 03:52 AM
Not to mention that Kuhn played for Shippensburg, a D2 school. I love watching guys from smaller schools make it big in the pros!

I do too.

Kuhn set all kinds of records in D2. Sometimes those guys can make great contributions. Isnt Kreider's New Hampshire a D2 school?

stlrtruck
08-30-2006, 07:34 AM
Through this whole talk about RB's, have we forgotten about Dan Kreider? Give him a shot!

DACEB
08-30-2006, 12:23 PM
I say at this point in time we go with Parker, Haynes, Kuhn and Krieder on active roster and hang onto Joe and Humes