PDA

View Full Version : DOMINICK DAVIS

19ward86
08-29-2006, 04:35 PM
it has been reported that davis has been going through the same problems as staley. he missed practice twice and the texans are thinking about leaving him in the dust. i think either we need to put john kuhn has our third down back or trade for davis, trade staley and a 4th pick to them. good deal?

BlackNGold203
08-29-2006, 04:37 PM
it has been reported that davis has been going through the same problems as staley. he missed practice twice and the texans are thinking about leaving him in the dust. i think either we need to put john kuhn has our third down back or trade for davis, trade staley and a 4th pick to them. good deal?

if Davis has the same problems as Duce...why would we trade for him??

83-Steelers-43
08-29-2006, 04:37 PM

Why would we trade Staley and a #4 pick for a player who you reported as having the same problems as Staley? We would basically be giving a 4th round pick away.

BlackNGold203
08-29-2006, 04:44 PM
*plays twilight zone music*

HometownGal
08-29-2006, 06:21 PM
***hears crickets chirping in the distance***

augustashark
08-29-2006, 06:33 PM
if Davis has the same problems as Duce...why would we trade for him??

Davis dob 1980

Staley dob 1975

5yrs younger......I don't know....

Midnightwriter07
08-29-2006, 06:38 PM
Would be a greta Trade, I doubt would happen.. the Texans arent tanking him, just not sure he will be ready to play by the 1st game of season. Thye dont want Staley 9 very few teams do i am sure given his age and history of being healthy. Davis would be a great pick up... but they arent going to trade or release hiim.

SteelCzar76
08-29-2006, 06:46 PM
*plays twilight zone music*

LOL,.... But in all honesty maybe Dominick's "problems",...are all residual effects of him playing for the Texan's. You know like,.......(Davis) "Coach i'm not ready to go" (Coach) "What's wrong son". (Davis) "It's my phsyche,.....i'm still playing here" (LOL)

Real Talk though,....when healthy,.... Davis is more productive than anyone we currently have behind Willie.

"Hail Caesar,......Hail the Black and Gold"

Midnightwriter07
08-29-2006, 06:50 PM
he has been a decent back despite playing behind one of the worst O lines in football ( see Carr's sack stats ) ... he is a big boy with speed and power. The Texans said that he may not be ready to play the firstfew weeks, but i also heard that he might not be able to play till later in season... and they cant put him on PUP list for him to come back so they may have to put him on IR for the season from what i am hearing... Perssonally .... i would dump Staley and get him if we could, he would solve our situation for next year and then we could concentrate on drafting CB CB CB CB DL OL QB in next years draft aahahahaha

SteelCzar76
08-29-2006, 07:22 PM
he has been a decent back despite playing behind one of the worst O lines in football ( see Carr's sack stats ) ... he is a big boy with speed and power. The Texans said that he may not be ready to play the firstfew weeks, but i also heard that he might not be able to play till later in season... and they cant put him on PUP list for him to come back so they may have to put him on IR for the season from what i am hearing... Perssonally .... i would dump Staley and get him if we could, he would solve our situation for next year and then we could concentrate on drafting CB CB CB CB DL OL QB in next years draft aahahahaha

LOL, Knight,.....a stud Corner would be nice for a change. "Coach can we please stop SOME of the bleeding in the secondary" ? As far as Davis,...he's a really good football player on a terrible team. (Remember, the Texans passed on Reggie)
I think he could solve our problem's for more than a year. But then it would probably become an "ego" issue with splitting time with Wille.

"Hail Caesar,....Hail the Black and Gold"

AZ_Steeler
08-29-2006, 07:22 PM
Latest reports are that Davis might not even make the 53 man roster

clevestinks
08-29-2006, 07:24 PM
It would be hard to trade Staley for anything of value. His track record with injuries sucks

Midnightwriter07
08-29-2006, 07:44 PM
Davis has 3,195 yards and 23 touchdowns in three NFL seasons. If he can't play, Kubiak said rookie sixth-round draft Wali Lundy, who has been impressive in preseason, will be the starter. This with an aweful line.

He has a bone bruise, i seriously doubt they will just cut him and let him go free. Especially since they didnt draft Bush... if they did for some reason, i would be all over it

SteelCzar76
08-29-2006, 08:05 PM
It would be hard to trade Staley for anything of value. His track record with injuries sucks

Your right Cleve. I'd package some Draft Picks,...cut Duce,....and go with Veron (as Willie's backup) until Davis was prepared to get on the field. But the Texan's aren't letting Davis go anywhere,.......unless maybe he demands a trade. Hmmmmm,........

"Hail Caesar,......Hail the Black and Gold"

Ambridge
08-29-2006, 08:30 PM
Latest reports are that Davis might not even make the 53 man roster

Adam Schefter squashed that rumor and said that Davis will be on the Texans final roster.

Even if available Davis sounds like "Staley Lite" and there's no sense dropping more money on another injury prone running back.

jaysta
08-29-2006, 08:48 PM
I find this whole Davis thing quite hard to believe. Charlie Casserly didn't pass on Reggie if the team didn't have confidence in Davis to get the job done. Give the guy a decent offensive line and he's dynamite. Sounds like the "rumor mill" to me.

SteelCzar76
08-29-2006, 08:53 PM
Adam Schefter squashed that rumor and said that Davis will be on the Texans final roster.

Even if available Davis sounds like "Staley Lite" and there's no sense dropping more money on another injury prone running back.

I can understand your viewpoint in regards to injuries Ambridge. But,.... that's where any comparisons between Duce and Davis come to an abrupt end. Davis is a completely diffrent player,....let alone HB. He's (Davis) far more explosive and athletic than Duce. Not to mention the fact that he's "Naturally" more physical. But all this is really a moot point,....he'll remain a Texan. They've invested too much.

"Hail Caesar,.......Hail the Black and Gold"

The_Professor
08-29-2006, 09:07 PM
I definitly think we should keep John Kuhn. He has more upside than Cedrick "fumble everytime/not good" Humes. He is also surprisingly fast. If we're going to keep 4 backs, which I don't know that we will, he should be our 4'th.

jaysta
08-29-2006, 09:08 PM
But all this is really a moot point,....he'll remain a Texan. They've invested too much.

Thank you! Finally a voice of reason!

CantStop85
08-29-2006, 09:15 PM
There's no way the Texans release or trade Davis...it would make them the ultimate laughing stock for passing up on Reggie Bush.

Midnightwriter07
08-29-2006, 09:46 PM
lil exactly.. i havnt read anywhere where he was failing to get cut.... he is too good of a player IMP fora team to cut him just cause of one injury.. his 3 year stats have been pretty good for no line in front of him

Pier2.0T
08-30-2006, 10:06 AM
TEXANS - RUNNING BACK

OUT: Domanick Davis
IN: Wali Lundy
The Skinny: To the surprise of many, the Houston Chronicle recently reported that Davis may be cut from the Texans. The new coaching staff simply hasn't seen him play during the preseason because of his sore knee, and that could lead to them either releasing the running back, de-activating him, or just shelfing him. Lundy is a rookie out of Virginia (a sixth-round pick) who has impressed the team more than Vernand Morency and Antowain Smith so far. Whatever happens to Davis, expect Lundy to get the bulk of the carries early on.

http://www.forecaster.ca/post-gazette/football/extras.cgi?downup

Since we're on the subject of RB's possibly on the market

TITANS - RUNNING BACK

OUT (maybe): Chris Brown
IN: Travis Henry
The Skinny: Before Titans' training camp, the trendy pick for starting tailback in Tennessee was rookie LenDale White. That never added up, however, because White's lack of experience, maturity, and conditioning caused his stock to dive at the NFL draft. He also didn't show much in training camp, so Brown seemed the default starter. Yet Brown has demanded a trade (no doubt making him far from popular with team management). Henry, the forgotten man, snuck up the middle and had by far the best August, and now CBSSportline is reporting Henry will be the guy. It's not a shocker in hindsight, since Henry (who is reportedly now in great shape) was once a stud No. 1 for the Buffalo Bills and is still young at 26.

BRONCOS - RUNNING BACK

OUT: Ron Dayne
IN: Tatum Bell, Cedric Cobbs, or Mike Bell
The Skinny: Early on in training camp, head coach (and master motivator) Mike Shanahan suggested Dayne might be the No. 1 guy in Denver's backfield this year. A nagging toe injury and inconsistency have seemed to conspire against Dayne claiming that role. So who steps through that door? The logical choice is Tatum Bell, who has the most pure talent of the other options. Yet Shanahan doesn't seem sold on him, and later in camp he named Mike Bell (an undrafted rookie) the starter. Inconsistent play during the preseason seems to have him on the bubble now to start, while Cobbs has surged late in the month and may be a sleeper. Whoever emerges will put up big numbers behind the powerful Denver O-line.

83-Steelers-43
08-30-2006, 10:10 AM
I'm sure the Steelers FO will make the right decision when dealing with the running game. I don't see the FO going after any of the backs mentioned in this thread. I think they are going to take the wait and see approach. I believe they want to see what this runnnig game looks like when game plannng takes effect and the games actually mean something.

SteelerFanInCA
08-30-2006, 11:43 AM
Yeah I don't think going after Davis is a good idea. That guy has some chronic problems with his knees. Our style of football commands you to be physical and I'm not sure he is cut out or can phyically handle that anymore.

stlrtruck
08-30-2006, 04:20 PM
I find this whole Davis thing quite hard to believe. Charlie Casserly didn't pass on Reggie if the team didn't have confidence in Davis to get the job done. Give the guy a decent offensive line and he's dynamite. Sounds like the "rumor mill" to me.

Yes but remember, Charlie Casserly retired a few days after the draft. Maybe he did it on purpose because he knew he was leaving.

jaysta
08-30-2006, 05:58 PM
Yes but remember, Charlie Casserly retired a few days after the draft. Maybe he did it on purpose because he knew he was leaving.

Actually he resigned to pursue Art Shell's old job as VP of Operations in the NFL's front office. He didn't land the job so now he's working for CBS as an insider for their NFL pregame show and reportedly talking with Joe Gibbs to get back in with the Redskins (where he spent 12 years as GM). I got to know him pretty well during that time and he seemed like a pretty intelligent guy. Anyhow, I'm sure Bob McNair, the owner of the Texans, would have had some input into their first draft pick. Quite honestly, I don't see passing on Reggie unless they thought he would cost them too much and they truly believed that Davis could get it done. So that's a long way around as to why I personally don't think that they'd dump Davis now. But then again, stranger things have happened. :helmet:

19ward86
08-31-2006, 06:40 PM
Why would we trade Staley and a #4 pick for a player who you reported as having the same problems as Staley? We would basically be giving a 4th round pick away.

when i said having the same problems i ment injury wise. he is slightly injured and they want to cut him since he missed practice. i see where u were coming from but u jumped the gun on that one.

83-Steelers-43
08-31-2006, 06:43 PM
when i said having the same problems i ment injury wise. he is slightly injured and they want to cut him since he missed practice. i see where u were coming from but u jumped the gun on that one.

"it has been reported that davis has been going through the same problems as staley. he missed practice twice"

I wouldn't say it was "jumping the gun", it was a response to the way you worded your first post on this thread. If you worded it better (like you did in the thread above) maybe my response may have been different. Eitherway I don't see us going after him and frankly it still doesn't make very much sense to me. My preference, go with what we got this season and draft a back next season.