PDA

View Full Version : Other Teams You'll Watch

boLT fan
08-29-2006, 05:21 PM
Are there any other teams you think will be interesting that you'll follow this season just for fun? Or do you only follow your Steelers and nothing else?

For me, i'm gonna keep an eye on the Saints. For one, to see how Brees is doing and two, I really want to see what Reggie Bush can do.

BlackNGold203
08-29-2006, 05:24 PM
Im very interested in how the Cardinals will do with the addition of Edge....and i always keep close tabs on the other AFC North teams....

83-Steelers-43
08-29-2006, 05:26 PM
The Ravens, Browns and Bengals.

Outside of our division: The Giants.

Haiku_Dirtt
08-29-2006, 05:39 PM
Actually you all listed teams I'm interested in. Saints for obvious reasons as well as the Cardinals. Not only the Edge but wondering if Leinart's arm strength is even relevant to his success...or lack of.

I'd take the Giants to take that division. Good team.

Of course the AFC North.

Hawk Believer
08-29-2006, 05:42 PM
Panthers, Giants, and Cowboys.

boLT fan
08-29-2006, 05:52 PM
Actually you all listed teams I'm interested in. Saints for obvious reasons as well as the Cardinals. Not only the Edge but wondering if Leinart's arm strength is even relevant to his success...or lack of.

I'd take the Giants to take that division. Good team.

The Saints, Cards, and Giants are all in differen't divisions. I don't think the Giants will beat out the Redskins, Cowboys, and Eagles.

BBC
08-29-2006, 06:17 PM
I'm interested in all 32 teams in the NFL. Each and everyone of them not from Pittsburgh is competition for the Steelers.

BlackNGold203
08-29-2006, 06:23 PM
I'm interested in all 32 teams in the NFL. Each and everyone of them not from Pittsburgh is competition for the Steelers.

no doubt...good call BBC....:cool: :cool:

HometownGal
08-29-2006, 06:44 PM
Being in oodles of FFL's with players from just about every team, I'll be watching them all! :bouncy:

I want to pay close attention to the Cardinals, as I think this team is going to be a sleeper this season. I also have a fondness for the Bills (when the Steelers aren't playing them) from my days of idolizing Jim Kelly. :cool: I also like watching the Pats, as I really enjoy watching Brady work his magic (as awful as that sounds).

atrus20
08-29-2006, 07:04 PM
Living the the Harrisburg area they show the Eagles here alot so I'll watch them now and then when the Steelers aren't playing. The g/f likes the Redskins so I that means I have to watch them when they are on too. :rolleyes:

BBC
08-29-2006, 07:46 PM
Being in oodles of FFL's with players from just about every team, I'll be watching them all! :bouncy:

I want to pay close attention to the Cardinals, as I think this team is going to be a sleeper this season. I also have a fondness for the Bills (when the Steelers aren't playing them) from my days of idolizing Jim Kelly. :cool: I also like watching the Pats, as I really enjoy watching Brady work his magic (as awful as that sounds).

:sigh: Seems that the Cards are always my sleeper, and they usually do just that - sleep. I've almost given up on them, but Edge has given me hope.

Ambridge
08-29-2006, 08:45 PM
I always keep up with the other teams in the division for obvious reasons.

Nothing makes for a better Sunday than a Steeler victory and seeing Cincy, Cleveland and especially Baltimore getting an L hung on them.

Hawk Believer
08-29-2006, 09:39 PM
:sigh: Seems that the Cards are always my sleeper, and they usually do just that - sleep. I've almost given up on them, but Edge has given me hope.

I agree, they seem to be the vogue pick for the last 2 seasons. But I don't think they are quite ready.

Here is the deal. My Hawks were in the same position a few years back. Everyone picked them to be the sleeper for a few years in a row. And they always came up short, limping into the playoffs to get defeated in the wild card. Two seasons back they were a vogue pick by some to go to the Superbowl. And failed miserably and made a lot of the football prognosticators look silly. They seemed to hold a grudge and noody picked them to even win thier division last year. And then they started playing well.

So my prediction is that the year that everybody gets sick of picking the Cards to do well and says they will have a bad season is the year they become a threat....:smile:

LarryNJ
08-29-2006, 09:50 PM
noody picked them to even win thier division last year.

Who'd they pick in that division?

I watch most of the Eagles games and go to 2 or 3 because I'm in the Philly area. If the Panthers are on I watch it with my son because he's a huge Steve Smith fan. The only thing I enjoy more than a Steeler victory is watching a Ravens loss!

Lyn
08-29-2006, 09:51 PM
I agree with BBC & Shaun...............I am interested in all teams, I think it is just the football fan in me. My entire family loves football!~ :bouncy:

Hawk Believer
08-29-2006, 10:15 PM
[QUOTE=LarryNJ;142334]Who'd they pick in that division?

QUOTE]

Most people had picked AZ or St Louis. I don't blame anyone for not picking the Seahawks; we were beaten by the Rams three times the previous season.

DiggetyDank
08-29-2006, 10:36 PM
I'll watch any game that's on if there's no Steelers game, and I try to keep up to date with standings and what not. I'll be checking out the 49ers to see how M-Rob is doing as well.

Livinginthe past
08-29-2006, 11:23 PM
The football season is so short (or so it seems) that I watch all the football I can.

I watch the division rivals extra close, along with potential post season rivals the Colts and Steelers.

Chargers, Bengals, Bears and Chiefs always bring something entertaining to the table - Raiders are normally good for a laugh (but that may change this year)

Maybe I shoulda just listed the teams I wont watch.......

NM

TasmanianTroy271
08-30-2006, 12:56 AM
Da Bears are my NFC team, I love the Defense, and even though they don't have a sure-fire QB, they're still gonna be a pretty good team.

HometownGal
08-30-2006, 08:15 AM
I watch the division rivals extra close, along with potential post season rivals the Colts and Steelers.

Nuh -uh. Really? Who would've thunk it? :hunch: :wink02:

X-Terminator
08-30-2006, 08:21 AM
I keep tabs on the Bucs and Panthers for the most part, but I really like Arizona. They kind of remind me of the Rams of a few years ago - terrific offense, just enough defense to win games. They are going to make it difficult on the Seahawks, though I still think the Hawks will win it. As for the AFC, other than our division rivals, I'll be watching the Pats, Chiefs, Broncos and Colts - all of which should be playoff teams.

sixstringlass
08-30-2006, 08:54 AM
Are there any other teams you think will be interesting that you'll follow this season just for fun? Or do you only follow your Steelers and nothing else?

For me, i'm gonna keep an eye on the Saints. For one, to see how Brees is doing and two, I really want to see what Reggie Bush can do.

I'm with you. I think the Saints will finally look good this year... maybe not playoff caliber yet, but good. I'll be interested in seeing how they do.

HburgXL06
08-30-2006, 09:46 AM
I try to keep tabs on everythin that goes on in the NFL as much as I can to see how different teams are workin out wit new players and such but ultimately it's so I always know what my Steelers will be facin.

BuFu

SteelerFanInCA
08-30-2006, 12:01 PM
Other than the Steelers game I think my fantasy football squad sometimes dictates what other games I watch.