PDA

View Full Version : Ben on PTI today

clevestinks
08-29-2006, 06:22 PM
The 5 minute interview with Ben on PTI was pretty good. And it covered everything from Palmer to the motorcycle.

He said he was impressed with Palmers recovery , and glad to see him back.
He commented on Cowhers retirement saying " that he thinks Cowher is energized again, and that he hopes Cowher plans on sticking around. He also added that " he wouldn`t tell even if he did know about Cowhers future.
He said he feels good, and that he never likes getting hit, with or without a motorcycle accident.

noto45
08-29-2006, 11:03 PM
ben rules!

siss
08-30-2006, 12:11 AM
From the Post Gazette"
Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger watched some of Carson Palmer's preseason debut Monday night for the Cincinnati Bengals. In his first action since tearing up his knee eight months ago in a playoff loss to the Steelers, Palmer threw three touchdown passes against the Green Bay Packers.

"That's Carson Palmer, he's one of the best quarterbacks in the game right now," Roethlisberger said. "I know he doesn't like the Steelers, but I don't have a problem with him. I'm glad he's back, glad he's doing well. I hope he continues to do well all year, except when he's playing us."

So Is Ben showing a little class and going for the "kill 'em with kindness" method. or could he be using the "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer" theory. or is this a jedi mind trick our young Qb is using?

Livinginthe past
08-30-2006, 12:47 AM
I think you'll find that Ben doesn't 'hate' the Bengals because the Steelers have put one over on them when it counted most - he can afford to be altruistic.

Personally, I loved what Palmer said originally, i'd still be in favor of it even if Dolphin QB said it about the Patriots - a little rivarly never hurt anyone.

We'd see a very different scenario if the Bengals had been victorious in that post-season game.

NM

clevestinks
08-30-2006, 04:10 AM
I feel that Ben is a QB, just like Palmer, so he can relate to the injuries and what Palmer was going through. They have probably been to camps, and combines, draft parties and everything together and now with a rivalry building larger and larger they are linked together for a long time!

BlackNGold203
08-30-2006, 05:30 AM
That's Ben being Ben...that's how Ben is.....he has consistently been that way since he came into the league...respectful and non confrontational...

No worries...Ben brings it when he steps on the field...he leads by action...not words....:cool: :cool:

HometownGal
08-30-2006, 06:30 AM
Ben does have class, but if I recall, Carson Palmer made some really nice comments about Ben after the Super Bowl and also was very concerned about Ben when he had his accident, as was Tom Brady. I think there is a mutual respect between most players off the field, though they are at war on the field. It's been that way since I can remember.

floodcitygirl
08-30-2006, 07:25 AM
Ben does have class, but if I recall, Carson Palmer made some really nice comments about Ben after the Super Bowl and also was very concerned about Ben when he had his accident, as was Tom Brady. I think there is a mutual respect between most players off the field, though they are at war on the field. It's been that way since I can remember.I agree HTG. I think sometimes fans want to imagine some kind of bitter personal rivalry between players for whatever reason. While it might exist with a select few, I think the majority just do thier job on the field in a professional way. Personal feelings aren't involved.

BlackNGold203
08-30-2006, 07:28 AM
With QB's in particular, there is a definite "fraternity" of sorts....

This is the position with the biggest bullseye on their backs, not to mention the microsopes they are under...so yeah...they stick together....:cool: :cool:

X-Terminator
08-30-2006, 07:35 AM
In fact, Palmer was the one who basically told the media to leave Ben alone after he left the hospital so that he could recuperate. So there definitely is mutual respect there, and I think the "I hate the Steelers" thing has been overblown. He just wants to win a championship like the Steelers did - nothing wrong with that.

BlackNGold203
08-30-2006, 07:37 AM
In fact, Palmer was the one who basically told the media to leave Ben alone after he left the hospital so that he could recuperate. So there definitely is mutual respect there, and I think the "I hate the Steelers" thing has been overblown. He just wants to win a championship like the Steelers did - nothing wrong with that.

Palmer is the only glue that team has....:cool: :cool:

HometownGal
08-30-2006, 07:43 AM
With QB's in particular, there is a definite "fraternity" of sorts....

This is the position with the biggest bullseye on their backs, not to mention the microsopes they are under...so yeah...they stick together....:cool: :cool:

Most definitely. I enjoy watching the after-game hugs and handshakes among the players. They may be adversaries on the field, but off the field, some enjoy friendships with each other and there is a mutual respect there.

melroseplace
08-30-2006, 10:13 AM
Most definitely. I enjoy watching the after-game hugs and handshakes among the players. They may be adversaries on the field, but off the field, some enjoy friendships with each other and there is a mutual respect there.

I agree...some of them get so excited to see each other, it's funny but awesome to see

19ward86
08-30-2006, 01:42 PM
thanks for the heads up!

figg
08-30-2006, 08:46 PM
Did he say anything about vertigo?