PDA

View Full Version : pat's poo poo poteat

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
08-29-2006, 10:54 PM
http://www.patriots.com/news/index.cfm?ac=latestnewsdetail&pid=20811&pcid=41

Cornerback Hank Poteat was with the team during the last two seasons after being signed in January of 2005. He came in to help the Patriots secondary, which suffered a rash of injuries before the team won Super Bowl XXXIX. He collected two solo tackles and batted down a Ben Roethlisberger pass intended for Hines Ward in the AFC championship that year.

?Hank?s a great kid. He?s a good player to coach,? said Belichick this morning. ?He works hard. He made some big plays for us, played in some big games. You know, I have no issues at all with Hank. He worked hard in the offseason program. We just felt like there were some players ahead of him today, and that?s why we did that. I have total respect for Hank, his work ethic, his toughness, his competitiveness. It was a tough one this morning.?

Poteat was released on Aug. 30 of 2005, but ultimately re-signed to play in 10 games last season, recording a career-high 24 tackles including his first career sack.

Livinginthe past
08-29-2006, 11:20 PM
Righhhhtttt.

So other than taking the opportunity of putting 'poo-poo' in a subject title what was the point of this post?

I've mentioned the guy myself in passing another guy who excels in the role the Patriots have given him - a real sure tackler for a CB.

NM

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
08-29-2006, 11:39 PM
Righhhhtttt.

So other than taking the opportunity of putting 'poo-poo' in a subject title what was the point of this post?

I've mentioned the guy myself in passing another guy who excels in the role the Patriots have given him - a real sure tackler for a CB.

NM

No alliteral motive just posting in the "general football" section. Passing along information on an x-steeler. I was trying to get the "P" thing going on. :coffee:

BlackNGold203
08-30-2006, 06:34 AM
So Poteat got cut huh???

I thought he was one of those Steeler rejects that BB was gonna turn into a superstar....

guess not...:cool: :cool:

HometownGal
08-30-2006, 08:13 AM
I thought he was one of those Steeler rejects that BB was gonna turn into a superstar....

Belijerk couldn't reach Romeo or Charlie Weis to ask them to make that decision for him, so Hank got the boot. :cool:

I liked Hank when he was a Steeler. :smile:

Livinginthe past
08-30-2006, 10:03 AM
So Poteat got cut huh???

guess not...:cool: :cool:

No-one said he was a superstar - just a guy who the best coach in football spotted a role for at the triple world champion New England Patriots.

Im sure they had to unteach him some stuff but he came through....

NM

Lyn
08-30-2006, 10:43 AM
Seeing as we still have a bit more than a week until real football starts, here's a philosophical question to ponder:
Would Troy Edwards burn Hank Poteat, or would Hank shut him down?
Or is it not even worth pondering for most of you?

BlackNGold203
08-30-2006, 10:57 AM
Seeing as we still have a bit more than a week until real football starts, here's a philosophical question to ponder:
Would Troy Edwards burn Hank Poteat, or would Hank shut him down?
Or is it not even worth pondering for most of you?

they would trip over each other and get multiple concussions.....:cool: :cool:

tony hipchest
08-30-2006, 11:13 AM
Im sure they had to unteach him some stuff but he came through....

NMwhats funny about this is that your head is so big you actually believe it. fact of the matter is that the pats coach loves a cowher educated player and has confidence in them playing the right way. no team has more ex steelers. no team scouts the steelers more than the pats.

the pats coach is smart enough to know that if youre gonna mold youre team in the image of the greatest football franchise out there you need some of the same ingredients. he realized this going back to his browns days.

theres a reason the heralded 2 time defensive mastermind of the giants 2 superbowl runs could never beat a no name, up and comer like cowher, with the browns. the browns werent molded in the steelers image.

instead of kraft giving his ring to v. putin, he shouldve just handed it over to dan rooney.

BlackNGold203
08-30-2006, 11:28 AM
whats funny about this is that your head is so big you actually believe it. fact of the matter is that the pats coach loves a cowher educated player and has confidence in them playing the right way. no team has more ex steelers. no team scouts the steelers more than the pats.

the pats coach is smart enough to know that if youre gonna mold youre team in the image of the greatest football franchise out there you need some of the same ingredients. he realized this going back to his browns days.

theres a reason the heralded 2 time defensive mastermind of the giants 2 superbowl runs could never beat a no name, up and comer like cowher, with the browns. the browns werent molded in the steelers image.

instead of kraft giving his ring to v. putin, he shouldve just handed it over to dan rooney.

preach on brother!!!

:cool: :cool:

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
08-30-2006, 11:37 AM
they would trip over each other and get multiple concussions.....:cool: :cool:

now that was funny :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Livinginthe past
08-30-2006, 11:50 AM
whats funny about this is that your head is so big you actually believe it. fact of the matter is that the pats coach loves a cowher educated player and has confidence in them playing the right way. no team has more ex steelers. no team scouts the steelers more than the pats.

Well Tony,

I am not actually claiming credit for the re-schooling of Poteat, so I dont think the size of my head really enters the equation.

The Steelers certainly have a successful scouting unit - no-one is going to begrudge them that - but when you have a coach with the tactical acumen of Belichick he sees things that many others dont.

To accuse Cowher of not being as good a coach as BB is moot - no-one in football is as good a coach as BB.

Sure, I have admitted that the current Patriots are founded upon the Steelers way of doing things - only we added a few twists - such as winning the big game consistently whilst being favorites - something Cowher unfortunately has a Manning-like prowess at.

Theres nothing wrong with winning as an underdog, but I guess it takes real skill to do it all as the team everyone else is gunning for rather than sneaking through the backdoor.

NM

ps Seeing you revert to BB's Browns years is pretty amusing *click click*

tony hipchest
08-30-2006, 12:37 PM
ah my friend, it is you who is out of ammo. see i am on full auto and the arsenal is stockpiled. you have reverted to the empty clip tactics that youre sn has attempted to mock. atleast when steelerfans predicted last years rise of their team and the demise of the sb patriots they had a coach on top of his game, a young stud, rising star, qb and great youth across the board vs. an old team breaking down coupled with the loss of its 2 coordinators of the past 5 years.

the size of your head is relevant to every one of your posts as you state your opinion as gospel and expect it to be worshipped as fact. sure belichick has been great for 3 out of 4 years but has he withstood the test of time? i put him up there with jimmy johnson who also won 3 sb's (although one was in absentia).

i find it ironic he has flopped with 2 qb's who have put up borderline h.o.f. numbers (testaverde and bledsoe) while a coach like cowher led his team to more wins than any other spanning his career with the likes of odonnel, kordell, a rookie, etc. it can be argued that shanahan is better than 'chick, as proven by his test of time, 2 sb rings and clearly outcoaching belichick in the patriots last game. it can be argued that gibbs is better based on his rings alone.

to buy into your flawed logic, one must accept that ken norton jr. was the greatest football player in the superbowl era. everyone knows that simply isnt so.

but alas, your argument has been like a double barreled shotgun; limited to 2 shells of "3 sb wins" and "beating cowher twice at home". you fire as quick as you can manually reload and hope that a pellet strikes a target. i, on the other hand, feel as if im working with an uzi.

Lyn
08-30-2006, 12:49 PM
Well Tony,

I am not actually claiming credit for the re-schooling of Poteat, so I dont think the size of my head really enters the equation.

The Steelers certainly have a successful scouting unit - no-one is going to begrudge them that - but when you have a coach with the tactical acumen of Belichick he sees things that many others dont.

To accuse Cowher of not being as good a coach as BB is moot - no-one in football is as good a coach as BB.

Sure, I have admitted that the current Patriots are founded upon the Steelers way of doing things - only we added a few twists - such as winning the big game consistently whilst being favorites - something Cowher unfortunately has a Manning-like prowess at.

Theres nothing wrong with winning as an underdog, but I guess it takes real skill to do it all as the team everyone else is gunning for rather than sneaking through the backdoor.

NM

ps Seeing you revert to BB's Browns years is pretty amusing *click click*

I have to think this is something you are saying because you and the person who responded are not real close friends? If you are serious, well my man you are full of s***

tony hipchest
08-30-2006, 01:20 PM
If you are serious, well my man you are full of s***of course hes serious and of course hes full of it. of course he is wrong once again, because thse steelers did win the superbowl last year as the favorites. everybody was gunning for them coming off a 15-1 season and the obvious best team.

the patriots did slide in through the back door in 2001 and happened to win as one of the LARGEST underdogs ever. huge favorites with everyone gunning for them are not the underdog in all 3 of their afc champ games.

when he runs out of ammo he starts making things up, and confuses being one of the best coaches with being one of the luckiest. 'chicks talent as coach was icing on the cake, but it by no means was revolutionary as litp would contend. but since his team is no longer the champs that is all he has to cling to. especially as the house of cards begin to crumble. :cool:

Lyn
08-30-2006, 01:27 PM
Well, you know that is just sad that a person can have such tunnel vision. I think everyone has probably given the Pathetics all the props possible .........well at least to the Kicker of the team who won for them, whatever his name is.

Livinginthe past
08-30-2006, 01:54 PM
I have to think this is something you are saying because you and the person who responded are not real close friends? If you are serious, well my man you are full of s***

Touch a nerve did I?

Full of s***?

Those are my opinions, its a forum - thats where we put 'em.

NM

Lyn
08-30-2006, 02:04 PM
you got it:)

Livinginthe past
08-30-2006, 02:16 PM
of course hes serious and of course hes full of it. of course he is wrong once again, because thse steelers did win the superbowl last year as the favorites. everybody was gunning for them coming off a 15-1 season and the obvious best team.

the patriots did slide in through the back door in 2001 and happened to win as one of the LARGEST underdogs ever. huge favorites with everyone gunning for them are not the underdog in all 3 of their afc champ games.

when he runs out of ammo he starts making things up, and confuses being one of the best coaches with being one of the luckiest. 'chicks talent as coach was icing on the cake, but it by no means was revolutionary as litp would contend. but since his team is no longer the champs that is all he has to cling to. especially as the house of cards begin to crumble. :cool:

You seem to be getting a little confused Tony, dont worry though - im a patient kinda guy.

I dont remember the Steelers being 'favourites' at any point last year during the season - except perhaps against the Seahawks in the SB.

For the record, it was the Colts who had that mantle for most of the regular season - like I say, just ask and I shall spell it out for you :cool:

Sure the Patriots won it through the 'back door' in 2001 - I dont believe I ever said they didn't - but they then proceeded to win it again whilst being the outstanding team and favorites throughout the playoffs.

Maybe you can enlighten me as to when exactly the Steelers were favorites during their postseason exploits, other than the one I gave you?

As I say - back door underdogs - Cowher doesn't do winning when the pressure of favoritsm is on him (the mark of a real champion coach) - but can only succeed when the spotlight is on someone else - still at least the seahawks stopped that little run by handing them the SB on a platter.

This can all be disproved of course, if Cowher wins it again this year - if I was you i'd continue to make hay while the sun shines - I feel another Steeler eclipse coming on.

Its funny you should mention the 15-1 Steeler team as 'the best in the league' - I think the Patriots put that particular myth to rest in the AFCCG (sorry to bring that up again, but you did ask for it)

Of course BB is a lucky coach - only a fortuitous coach would keep setting consecutuve records for in-season injuries to key players.

NM

tony hipchest
08-30-2006, 02:35 PM
typical. i prove you wrong you change your tune:

such as winning the big game consistently whilst being favorites - something Cowher unfortunately has a Manning-like prowess at.

Theres nothing wrong with winning as an underdog,

*click click*

cowher won the big game as a favorite last year. you have a manning like prowess when it comes to finishing out an argument.

the pats proved there is nothing wrong with winning as an underdog other than most people still thought they were the weaker of the 4 teams to make it to the conference games. theres something to be said for having respect to go along with that trophy.

HometownGal
08-30-2006, 02:57 PM

Hallelujah! Tell it like it is Tony! :cool:

Livinginthe past
08-31-2006, 12:28 AM
Sure Cowher won one - Manning has won one or two - but they have have losing records when it comes to winning when you should.

Hence Cowher has a Manning-esqe ability to win when under the pressure of being favorite.

What's so hard to understand about that?

The Pats under BB have done it both ways - won as underdogs then topped it by repeating when everyone was gunning for them.

Makes me laugh to see how people have suddenly become Cowher apologists just because he finally got it done - just like the poor saps who claim that Manning will be one of the greats - just so long as he wins a single SB.

Legends are made of sterner stuff than single SB victories.

NM

BlacknGold Bleeder
08-31-2006, 01:20 AM
What's so hard to understand about that?

Legends are made of sterner stuff than single SB victories.

NM

You mean like the legend of the winningest active coach ???

Livinginthe past
08-31-2006, 01:46 AM
You mean like the legend of the winningest active coach ???

Sure.

Thats the most important thing in football - amassing regular season victories with nothing to show for it 90% of the time.

The only thing the regular season is there for is to get you into the playoffs - and for QBs like Manning and coaches like Cowher to pad their stats.

Looks like the Colts weren't pioneers of the post-season flop.......Cowher and his merry men were underachieving in the post-season way before them...

NM

BlackNGold203
08-31-2006, 06:49 AM
Here's the final thing on this.....

BB lost his coordinators 2 years ago....he made the playoffs last year due to a weak ass division...and got snuffed in round one....the free fall continues this year...with the resurgence of the Dolphins...after Romeo and Charlie left...the player exodus began.....BB won with romeo and charlie...he will now be exposed as the coach he was in Cleveland without those 2 to run the team for him....

Cowher...on the other hand...continues on...15 years....15 years...THAT is a legacy....

HometownGal
08-31-2006, 08:54 AM

BB lost his coordinators 2 years ago....he made the playoffs last year due to a weak ass division...and got snuffed in round one....the free fall continues this year...with the resurgence of the Dolphins...after Romeo and Charlie left...the player exodus began.....BB won with romeo and charlie...he will now be exposed as the coach he was in Cleveland without those 2 to run the team for him....

Cowher...on the other hand...continues on...15 years....15 years...THAT is a legacy....

I agree, 203. Romeo and Charlie Weis were the masterminds of the Pats' O & D schemes and made that team what it was (along with Brady's stellar and consistent play), not Belijerk, though he likes to take credit for it. We all found out how much of a genius Belichick was after Crennel and Weis left for greener pastures - NOT.

When all is said and done, Belijerk can't smell where Cowher shit last.

Lyn
08-31-2006, 09:34 AM

Very good post and so true. I don't think anyone is taking away from the Patriots achievement, Nigel. It is a story that every football fan in general can relate to so let's leave it where it belongs, the Pats came on, they won 3 sb and they may someday do it again. But let's keep things in perspective. Cowher is one of the winningest coaches in all of NFL football history and as Shaun points out for 15 years! .........now there is a legacy

Livinginthe past
08-31-2006, 10:25 AM
This is all pretty hilarious - watching you guys pat yourselves on the back for a job well done - when in fact, all you are doing is ignoring the facts.

The player exodus did not begin at the same time after we lost Crennel and Weis, it has been a steady evolution - players have left and players have been replaced.

This is what happens when you have unparalleled success - other teams want your coaches and they want your players.

If you want a legacy - lets talk about the Belichick - 'tree of coaching' - it now extends far and wide - it seems all you need is a single year under BB and some team is willing to snap you up and make you a HC.

You will have to remind me about the huge network of coaches that Cowher has been responsible for in todays collge programs and NFL - that constitutes a very real legacy.

NM

BlackNGold203
08-31-2006, 10:36 AM
This is all pretty hilarious - watching you guys pat yourselves on the back for a job well done - when in fact, all you are doing is ignoring the facts.

The player exodus did not begin at the same time after we lost Crennel and Weis, it has been a steady evolution - players have left and players have been replaced.

This is what happens when you have unparalleled success - other teams want your coaches and they want your players.

If you want a legacy - lets talk about the Belichick - 'tree of coaching' - it now extends far and wide - it seems all you need is a single year under BB and some team is willing to snap you up and make you a HC.

You will have to remind me about the huge network of coaches that Cowher has been responsible for in todays collge programs and NFL - that constitutes a very real legacy.

NM

Hmmmmm

Dom Capers?
Marvin Lewis?
Chan Gailey?
Mike Mularkey?
Dick Lebeau?

Thats 5 coordinators off the top of my head that came from Cowher to be head coaches...
I'm sure there are some I've missed....you have Romeo and Mangini (a joke)...plus Charlie in college...

any more questions???

Livinginthe past
08-31-2006, 10:42 AM
Hmmmmm

Dom Capers?
Marvin Lewis?
Chan Gailey?
Mike Mularkey?
Dick Lebeau?

Thats 5 coordinators off the top of my head that came from Cowher to be head coaches...
I'm sure there are some I've missed....you have Romeo and Mangini (a joke)...plus Charlie in college...

any more questions???

Thats an impressive list.

Funnily enough, Marv Lewis may be the only guy on that list actually worth mentioning.

How did Dick Lebeau fare as a HC?

And Dom Capers?

LOL. Some of these guys shoulda just stayed as co-ords.

Tell me you have something more meaningful to show for 15 years as HC!

NM

tony hipchest
08-31-2006, 10:45 AM

NMcollege football???? LMAO! let me guess.... youre a huge notre dame fan now :rolleyes:.

great. 'chick can teach men to coach boys.

d. lebeau
d. capers
j. haslett
c. gailey
m. lewis
m. mularkey

its just a matter of time for

k. wisenhunt
d. perry
r. grimm

maybe we should count the potential hall of famers cowher has coached to constitute a legacy:

r. woodson
d. dawson
j. bettis
k. green ??? (cant say if he'd go into the hall as a steeler)
b. roethlisberger ???
h. ward ???
a. faneca

Livinginthe past
08-31-2006, 10:53 AM
Holy crap.

Woodson will make the HOF - but some of those other players, the ones from right about now?

ha ha.

C'mon Ben Roethlisberger for HOF?

He's a good QB, possibly the 2nd best in the game at the minute but he has a long way to go before HOF consideration.

Hines Ward? Let me guess...he is going to get in on account of his selfless blocking skills right?

As I said, those names from the Cowher coaching tree really have achiveved nothing as HC's they have been mostly awful - with Marv Lewis the exception.

Hines ward!

I have to admit, that was a good one.

NM

BlackNGold203
08-31-2006, 10:55 AM
Thats an impressive list.

Funnily enough, Marv Lewis may be the only guy on that list actually worth mentioning.

How did Dick Lebeau fare as a HC?

And Dom Capers?

LOL. Some of these guys shoulda just stayed as co-ords.

Tell me you have something more meaningful to show for 15 years as HC!

NM

As I recall...Dom capers took an expansion Carolina team to the NFC CG in its second year....

By the way...How's Romeo making out????

Charlie had to opt for Notre Dame...where he is spoon fed talent....

Mangini....uh.....:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

Livinginthe past
08-31-2006, 10:58 AM
As I recall...Dom capers took an expansion Carolina team to the NFC CG in its second year....

By the way...How's Romeo making out????

Charlie had to opt for Notre Dame...where he is spoon fed talent....

Mangini....uh.....:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

Yes Dom capers has really gone from strength to strength - the expansion team he is currently with are a good bet for SB success this year, no?

The guys such as Romeo, Mangini and Charlie are all in the early days of their coaching careers - but give me potential success over known failure.

Its amusing that, on one hand, you and your fellow Steelers posters are willing to attribute all of the Patriots past success to Weis and Crennel, yet then seek to insinuate they wont be great coaches in their own right.

NM

BlackNGold203
08-31-2006, 11:01 AM
Yes Dom capers has really gone from strength to strength - the expansion team he is currently with are a good bet for SB success this year, no?

The guys such as Romeo, Mangini and Charlie are all in the early days of their coaching careers - but give me potential success over known failure.

Its amusing that, on one hand, you and your fellow Steelers posters are willing to attribute all of the Patriots past success to Weis and Crennel, yet then seek to insinuate they wont be great coaches in their own right.

NM

my initial premise was that the Pats success was based on the skills of the coordinators...not BB (although he certainly takes all the credit...genius that he is)....and that since their departure...we saw a 1st round playoff loss...and this year...what will most likely result in a struggle for a wild card spot....

I have great respect for Romeo and Charlie...and none for BB.....

Lyn
08-31-2006, 11:10 AM
Since becoming head coach, the Steelers have the best record of any team in the league.

Of course Tony Dungy but he is noone important either just coach of the Colts and there are more but your entire comments are just plain silly, I would say retarded but I don't like using that word.

You can not base your argument on fact so you just type whatever comes off the top of your head. Take a nap they say your brain rejunvenates.

Boston is a baseball town, let things be what they are but do not come into a Steeler site spouting off baseless garbage about Bill Cowher and expect to be greeted with open arms. That man has trained more coaches in the NFL than probably any other coach, simply because he has been around longer. You can not compare the Patriots or BB with the Steelers or BC.

Belichick was a sub-.500 coach before quarterback Tom Brady entered the Patriots' fray early in the 2001 season

Lyn
08-31-2006, 11:14 AM
Also, Cowher hired Mark Whipple head coach at the University of Mass (thought you would know at least that one) to be our qb coach.

Whiz trained under Joe Gibbs and runs much the same offense

tony hipchest
08-31-2006, 11:27 AM
my initial premise was that the Pats success was based on the skills of the coordinators...not BB (although he certainly takes all the credit...genius that he is)....and that since their departure...we saw a 1st round playoff loss...and this year...what will most likely result in a struggle for a wild card spot....

I have great respect for Romeo and Charlie...and none for BB.....WHAAAAAP!

litp thinks he has us trumped on a stance. cowher can make it beyond the 2nd round of the playoffs with any number of coordinators. he is the glue that makes them successful. remember how bill parcels was great until he lost belichick as a coordinator and he never won anything after that? belichick is parcells jr. if crennell and weiss go on to succeed, i guess it will be like pulling the curtain back on the wizard of oz.

oh, and i too often forget that the pats beat the jagoffs in the 1st round of last years playoffs. remember that was the opponent the patriots were awarded by 'chick folding in the last regular season game to duck the steelers. one of his smartest coaching decisions. he was wise enough to forsee that the steelers rolling through boston would tarnish his image and crush the hearts of thousands of patfans who think hes so great.

BlackNGold203
08-31-2006, 11:37 AM
WHAAAAAP!

litp thinks he has us trumped on a stance. cowher can make it beyond the 2nd round of the playoffs with any number of coordinators. he is the glue that makes them successful. remember how bill parcels was great until he lost belichick as a coordinator and he never won anything after that? belichick is parcells jr. if crennell and weiss go on to succeed, i guess it will be like pulling the curtain back on the wizard of oz.

oh, and i too often forget that the pats beat the jagoffs in the 1st round of last years playoffs. remember that was the opponent the patriots were awarded by 'chick folding in the last regular season game to duck the steelers. one of his smartest coaching decisions. he was wise enough to forsee that the steelers rolling through boston would tarnish his image and crush the hearts of thousands of patfans who think hes so great.

i totally forgot the Pats beat the Jags with Leftwich playing his 1st game in over 2 months...(nice move Del Rio)....what an accomplishment...damn...Belicheck IS a genius!!!

tony hipchest
08-31-2006, 11:39 AM
Boston is a baseball town, let things be what they are but do not come into a Steeler site spouting off baseless garbage about Bill Cowher and expect to be greeted with open arms. That man has trained more coaches in the NFL than probably any other coach, simply because he has been around longer. You can not compare the Patriots or BB with the Steelers or BC.

Belichick was a sub-.500 coach before quarterback Tom Brady entered the Patriots' fray early in the 2001 season

the branches of the bill walsh tree reach the furthest. litp wants to make it like 'chick is greater than bill walsh. :busted: WRONG! bill walsh will always be a greater coach than 'chick. heres where litp cries that chick won 3 superbowls in the salary cap era.

heres where i point out that walsh sprouted seifert, holmgren, shanahan, gruden (for a total of 5 sb's) 4 of which were won in the free agency period.

he can hang his hat on the potential of 3 'chick coaches who have made it in the nfl. being that 2 are in his division their potential greatness is what will lead to his demise. either that or they will flop just like he sais former cowher assistants have. (didnt 'chick flop his 1st time around?)

Livinginthe past
08-31-2006, 11:42 AM
WHAAAAAP!

203 owes you one for his error in asserting that the Patriots lost in the 1st round last year - dont let the facts get in the way, 203 :sofunny:

It is funny that you keep saying that BB would duck one his favorite coaching opponents - everything factual certainly indicates he would love a match up with Mr. Predictable - especially in the post-season - as two AFCCG's bear testament to.

Again, those are the facts - you pretending that the Steelers can do anything in Foxboro when they can't even win in their own house is typically 'absurd'.

At least you are consistent, if not much else.

NM

Livinginthe past
08-31-2006, 11:46 AM
Since becoming head coach, the Steelers have the best record of any team in the league.

Of course Tony Dungy but he is noone important either just coach of the Colts and there are more but your entire comments are just plain silly, I would say retarded but I don't like using that word.

You can not base your argument on fact so you just type whatever comes off the top of your head. Take a nap they say your brain rejunvenates.

You don't like saying 'retarded' ...yet you did anyway?

Boston....baseball.....*yawn* - irrelevant.

I dont expect to be welcomed with open arms, but just becasue I say things that you dont want to hear it doesn't mean I require a nap - I believe Tony already said that anyway.

Maybe you dont want to compare BB to Cowher - I can probably guess why.

NM

tony hipchest
08-31-2006, 12:06 PM
It is funny that you keep saying that BB would duck one his favorite coaching opponents - everything factual certainly indicates he would love a match up with Mr. Predictable - especially in the post-season - as two AFCCG's bear testament to.

NMstill firing the same shotgun shell huh? you are on a roll, inserting a fallacy in every post for 3 consecutive days. the facts are 'chicks favorite coaching opponents are any coach bringing his team up from florida in the dead of winter. if 'chick is as smart as you contend, you would know he doesnt take cowher or the steelers lightly. in 2 of their last 3 meetings 'chick was actually out coached by cowher. hes bright enough to sense the turning tides.

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-31-2006, 12:15 PM
Romeo came in as an assistant in Feb of 2001...He didnt really have too much to do with the draft that year but you can start seeing some great drafts starting in 2002...when he started pushing for players...

take the two drafts prior to Romeo...the Genius of BB is apparant

I have highlighted those players that I would thing that most people would think are talented players:

Adrian Klemm-not with team
J.R. Redmond-not with team
Greg Randall-not with team
Dave Stachelski-not with team
Jeff Marriott-not with team
Antwan Harris-not with team
Tom Brady-WITH TEAM
David Nugent-not with team
Casey Tisdale-not with team
Patrick Pass-not with team

Richard Seymour -not with team
Matt Light-WITH TEAM
Brock Williams-not with team
Kenyatta Jones-not with team
Jabari Holloway-not with team
Hakim Akbar-not with team
Arther Love-not with team
Leonard Myers-not with team
Owen Pochman-not with team
T.J. Turner-not with team

that is a grand total of 2 players still with the team and one other player that is a solid contributer in the NFL today. TOTAL=3

Just for comparison Pittsburgh has 5 players from those two drafts who are still on their roster and another two that are solid players for other teams. TOTAL=7

I would honestly say that those two years in particular are below average drafts for Pittsburgh...and I would honestly say that prior to Romeo, BB's drafts SUCK!!!

Livinginthe past
08-31-2006, 12:29 PM
still firing the same shotgun shell huh? you are on a roll, inserting a fallacy in every post for 3 consecutive days. the facts are 'chicks favorite coaching opponents are any coach bringing his team up from florida in the dead of winter. if 'chick is as smart as you contend, you would know he doesnt take cowher or the steelers lightly. in 2 of their last 3 meetings 'chick was actually out coached by cowher. hes bright enough to sense the turning tides.

Sure. still the same shotgun - with more powerful, accurate ammo than anything that limply falls out of your 'uzi'.

How did we get to a situation where you are contending that Mr. Predictable has out-coached Bill Belichick?

Where are the results of this amazing out coaching?

All I can see is you getting beat, at home, repeatedly by the Patriots - hell, even in the year you reversed into a SB win - you STILL got beat at home by the Patriots.

Maybe thats what Cowher tells himself, sure I got beat again but at least I 'out-coached' the guy.

ha ha.

Nice one.

NM

Stillers#1
08-31-2006, 12:33 PM
The Pats under BB have done it both ways
NM

Much like most of the Pat's fans............sorry I couldn't resist.

Livinginthe past
08-31-2006, 12:34 PM
Romeo came in as an assistant in Feb of 2001...He didnt really have too much to do with the draft that year but you can start seeing some great drafts starting in 2002...when he started pushing for players...

take the two drafts prior to Romeo...the Genius of BB is apparant

I have highlighted those players that I would thing that most people would think are talented players:

Adrian Klemm-not with team
J.R. Redmond-not with team
Greg Randall-not with team
Dave Stachelski-not with team
Jeff Marriott-not with team
Antwan Harris-not with team
Tom Brady-WITH TEAM
David Nugent-not with team
Casey Tisdale-not with team
Patrick Pass-not with team

Richard Seymour -not with team
Matt Light-WITH TEAM
Brock Williams-not with team
Kenyatta Jones-not with team
Jabari Holloway-not with team
Hakim Akbar-not with team
Arther Love-not with team
Leonard Myers-not with team
Owen Pochman-not with team
T.J. Turner-not with team

that is a grand total of 2 players still with the team and one other player that is a solid contributer in the NFL today. TOTAL=3

Just for comparison Pittsburgh has 5 players from those two drafts who are still on their roster and another two that are solid players for other teams. TOTAL=7

I would honestly say that those two years in particular are below average drafts for Pittsburgh...and I would honestly say that prior to Romeo, BB's drafts SUCK!!!

Well LLT,

I would honestly say you made quite a few errors in that post.

Patrick Pass from the class of 2000 is indeed still with the team.

Richard Seymour is still with the team.

To my reckoning that makes 4 players currently with the team.

Not only are they still with the team, but 2 of them are in the elite category as regards their positon and one (injury permitting) holds down the most important position on the offensive line.

Your point again?

NM

Stillers#1
08-31-2006, 12:35 PM
The Pats under BB have done it both ways

NM

MUCH LIKE MOST OF THE PATS FANS.....sorry I coudn't resist.

Livinginthe past
08-31-2006, 12:38 PM
MUCH LIKE MOST OF THE PATS FANS.....sorry I coudn't resist.

Yes, I seen that cutting social observation the first time Stillers1, no need to repeat it IN CAPITALS.

NM

Lyn
08-31-2006, 12:44 PM
So LW (last word) don't you give Pretty Boy some kinda credit? After all BB was nada until he came along.

tony hipchest
08-31-2006, 12:46 PM
Sure. still the same shotgun - with more powerful, accurate ammo than anything that limply falls out of your 'uzi'.

NM

uh, no. youre a 1 trick pony still living in the past. 2004 to be exact. thisngs have changed. since then cowher has outcoached chick 2 of 3 times whick left scardychick ducking them in the playoffs. i gotta say he was mighty prescient to know how the steelers would roll through all opponents on the road in demoralizing fashion.

way to save face 'chick.

Lyn
08-31-2006, 12:48 PM
I guess we can get down and dirty how is BB love life coming? Will he be appearing in court on his mistress' behalf for her divorce hearing where her husband named BB as his wife's lover?

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-31-2006, 12:49 PM
Well LLT,

I would honestly say you made quite a few errors in that post.

Patrick Pass from the class of 2000 is indeed still with the team.

Richard Seymour is still with the team.

To my reckoning that makes 4 players currently with the team.

Not only are they still with the team, but 2 of them are in the elite category as regards their positon and one (injury permitting) holds down the most important position on the offensive line.

Your point again?

NM

My bad on Seymour,..I was thinking he was traded when he hurt his knee and missed 4 games last year (this is called admitting your mistake)...but I counted him as a good draft pick didnt I?...If Pass is your arguement to those drafts not sucking you have VERY little to offer. Is that what your saying?..because as usual you avoid the issue and never answer the question...GOOD DRAFTS BEFORE ROMEO? OR BAD DRAFTS BEFORE ROMEO?

Look at the drafts from 2002 -present and you begin to see that BB's ONLY genius is surrounding himself with people who know football.

Livinginthe past
08-31-2006, 12:50 PM
So LW (last word) don't you give Pretty Boy some kinda credit? After all BB was nada until he came along.

Sure I do.

He is the best QB in football for a reason - all a coach can do is put his players in the best possible position to win a game - its up to the players to execute.

I give all the players who have brought a ring home credit - Harrison, Bruschi, Light, Dillon - even Antowain Smith - who always found a little extra in the postseason.

Belichick is a defensive mastermind and his offensive skills are underestimated.

By the same token, Brady would not be as successful as a QB if he didnt have BB as a coach - its a relationship based upon mutual benefit.

A great coach wont win Championships unless he has great players under him 0 thats holds as true for the Steelers (current & past) as it does for the Patriots.

NM

Livinginthe past
08-31-2006, 12:55 PM
My bad on Seymour,..I was thinking he was traded when he hurt his knee and missed 4 games last year (this is called admitting your mistake)...but I counted him as a good draft pick didnt I?...If Pass is your arguement to those drafts not sucking you have VERY little to offer. Is that what your saying?..because as usual you avoid the issue and never answer the question...GOOD DRAFTS BEFORE ROMEO? OR BAD DRAFTS BEFORE ROMEO?

Look at the drafts from 2002 -present and you begin to see that BB's ONLY genius is surrounding himself with people who know football.

Well LLT, admitting the mistake is a start, but I dont see errors of that type as something to be especially proud of?!

You seriously thought Seymour wasn't on the Patriots roster?

Where did you think he had been traded to?

Regardless, Patrick Pass certainly has over achieved considering where he was drafted - he certainly isn't an e'lite' player but he has started some games for the Patriots.

He is solid out of the backfield and averages over 4 yards per carry over his career, despite playing quite a bit of time as a FB.

He has also shared duties as a kick returner.

All in all a very good investment for a low round pick - and one which pretty much blows you whole 'BB's drafts suck' theory out of the water.

NM

Lyn
08-31-2006, 12:59 PM
Sure I do.

He is the best QB in football for a reason - all a coach can do is put his players in the best possible position to win a game - its up to the players to execute.

I give all the players who have brought a ring home credit - Harrison, Bruschi, Light, Dillon - even Antowain Smith - who always found a little extra in the postseason.

Belichick is a defensive mastermind and his offensive skills are underestimated.

By the same token, Brady would not be as successful as a QB if he didnt have BB as a coach - its a relationship based upon mutual benefit.

A great coach wont win Championships unless he has great players under him 0 thats holds as true for the Steelers (current & past) as it does for the Patriots.

NM

Ahhhhh interesting, I must say. How many years has BB been coach of NE?

tony hipchest
08-31-2006, 01:11 PM
All in all a very good investment for a low round pick - and one which pretty much blows you whole 'BB's drafts suck' theory out of the water.

NMlol. no it doesnt! btw weak strategy of leaving out half of his theory. you know, the half with all the meat and potatoes. youre just tossing salad out there. :chuckle:

Livinginthe past
08-31-2006, 01:14 PM
lol. no it doesnt! btw weak strategy of leaving out half of his theory. you know, the half with all the meat and potatoes. youre just tossing salad out there. :chuckle:

Can't help yourself can you Tony?

Maybe LLT can tell me what i missed himself.

Thats if he's finished getting the factual basis of his theory wrong.

You are losing enough arguments of your own doing as it is, without weighing yourself down with the arguments of others.

NM

Livinginthe past
08-31-2006, 01:15 PM
Ahhhhh interesting, I must say. How many years has BB been coach of NE?

As much as I enjoy debating with you Lyn, perhaps you could do better than one line questions that require one word answers.

Otherwise this is going to turn into a very long thread.

NM

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-31-2006, 01:19 PM
Well LLT, admitting the mistake is a start, but I dont see errors of that type as something to be especially proud of?!

You seriously thought Seymour wasn't on the Patriots roster?

Where did you think he had been traded to?

Regardless, Patrick Pass certainly has over achieved considering where he was drafted - he certainly isn't an e'lite' player but he has started some games for the Patriots.

He is solid out of the backfield and averages over 4 yards per carry over his career, despite playing quite a bit of time as a FB.

He has also shared duties as a kick returner.

NM

Is there some part of GOOD DRAFT vs BAD DRAFT that you dont understand?....As usual you fail to answer the question...and insist on asking questions instead...do I need an English to ENGLISH dictionary to figure out how to get a straight answer from you?...or should I write it off as being George W Bush's fault and let it go?

One last try..(why do i keep doing this:dang: ) WERE...THE...DRAFTS...BEFORE...ROMEO...GOOD..OR... BAD?...(just as a future note...the symbol "?" means a question was asked and generally reguires an answer)

You said Patrick Pass was an overachiever so I looked up his stats...He has started 11 out of 75 games...and has been on/off your preactice squad...your right!!! Hes a gamer.

tony hipchest
08-31-2006, 01:31 PM
from what? posting my viewpoints on a message board? thats what theyre here for. i thought you knew that get used to it.

Maybe LLT can tell me what i missed himself.maybe he can. brilliant observation.

You are losing enough arguments of your own doing as it is, without weighing yourself down with the arguments of others.one of the many things you are dilusional about. theres no more arguing with you anymore. it has dissipitated into just constantly proving you wrong. any skills you thought you had of defending a point have been clouded by your dilusions of grandeur. now skip on to the next sentence you find by any poster that you think you can dissect while avoiding the point and content. maybe you will luck out and find a spelling error or typo.

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-31-2006, 01:34 PM

Maybe LLT can tell me what i missed himself.

You are losing enough arguments of your own doing as it is, without weighing yourself down with the arguments of others.

NM

No need to pee on the nearest tree...Didnt mean to impose on what has traditionally been your territory.

Livinginthe past
08-31-2006, 01:35 PM
Is there some part of GOOD DRAFT vs BAD DRAFT that you dont understand?....As usual you fail to answer the question...and insist on asking questions instead...do I need an English to ENGLISH dictionary to figure out how to get a straight answer from you?...or should I write it off as being George W Bush's fault and let it go?

One last try..(why do i keep doing this:dang: ) WERE...THE...DRAFTS...BEFORE...ROMEO...GOOD..OR... BAD?...(just as a future note...the symbol "?" means a question was asked and generally reguires an answer)

You said Patrick Pass was an overachiever so I looked up his stats...He has started 11 out of 75 games...and has been on/off your preactice squad...your right!!! Hes a gamer.

Tsk tsk LLT,

no need to go bringing politics into the NFL forum.

As it is a simple answer that you require, I shall give you one - it was a good draft - in fact two good drafts.

Its a well documented fact that if you gain a couple of keepers from every draft, then you are in a good position.

Well, thats exactly what they did - and not only that - they drafted the best QB in the league and the best 3-4 DE (and probably the best D-lineman in the league) during that time - two players who are indispensible to the past and future success of the franchise.

You are welcome to disagre with that, but your original premise was built on shaky foundations where you failed to credit the Patriots with half of the players they still have on their roster.

You are also welcome to your opinion of Patrick Pass - but he still constitutes a player who has remained on the roster.

Hope that helps.

NM

Livinginthe past
08-31-2006, 01:38 PM
from what? posting my viewpoints on a message board? thats what theyre here for. i thought you knew that get used to it.

maybe he can. brilliant observation.

one of the many things you are dilusional about. theres no more arguing with you anymore. it has dissipitated into just constantly proving you wrong. any skills you thought you had of defending a point have been clouded by your dilusions of grandeur. now skip on to the next sentence you find by any poster that you think you can dissect while avoiding the point and content. maybe you will luck out and find a spelling error or typo.

I have to admit to finding it difficult to take you seriously.

You make a message board career out of 'fart jokes' - snide commets about Brady's sexuality, dubious assertions about the best coach in football - I suppose its not hard to imagine exactly why I cant give you the credit you feel you deserve.

As you said before Tony, you dont make any pretensions to be what you aren't - if you are going to act like the class clown - then expect people to treat you as such.

NM

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
08-31-2006, 01:40 PM
Guess BB wasn't such a "genius" when he was head coach in Cleveland eh? He got his ass continual wooped like a red headed step child.

tony hipchest
08-31-2006, 01:42 PM
You said Patrick Pass was an overachiever so I looked up his stats...He has started 11 out of 75 games...and has been on/off your preactice squad...your right!!! Hes a gamer.:sofunny: he is who threw your theory (one that was intentially misquoted as "belichicks draft sucks") out of the water

"All in all a very good investment for a low round pick - and one which pretty much blows you whole 'BB's drafts suck' theory out of the water."

i agree. chick cant draft or develop defensive players without crennel or mangina.

Livinginthe past
08-31-2006, 01:48 PM
:sofunny: he is who threw your theory (one that was intentially misquoted as "belichicks draft sucks") out of the water.

C'mon Tony - fact check again - he left Richard Seymour off the list also.

That constitutes two players who are part of the current roster which he didnt give credit for.

"All in all a very good investment for a low round pick - and one which pretty much blows you whole 'BB's drafts suck' theory out of the water."

:i agree. chick cant draft or develop defensive players without crennel or mangina.

How many years has BB had to 'draft and develop defensive' players without Crennel or Mangini?

The answer is 1 and zero.

A typically inane observation from someone who would be better served practicing their ball juggling skills.

NM

tony hipchest
08-31-2006, 01:49 PM
I have to admit to finding it difficult to take you seriously.

You make a message board career out of 'fart jokes' - snide commets about Brady's sexuality, dubious assertions about the best coach in football - I suppose its not hard to imagine exactly why I cant give you the credit you feel you deserve.

As you said before Tony, you dont make any pretensions to be what you aren't - if you are going to act like the class clown - then expect people to treat you as such.

NMtell me more about this belichick coaching tree. :busted:

i dont need you to take me seriously, dont want your credit. the fact that people will actually laugh at my jokes is credit enough.

and all these people whom i should start expecting to treat me like a class clown.... where are they? can i see them too? or are they all the people who live inside your swolen head who constantly repeat "cowher sucks", "afcc game/ home turf".

newsflash: dilusions arent people and those voices arent real.

Lyn
08-31-2006, 01:51 PM
Guess BB wasn't such a "genius" when he was head coach in Cleveland eh? He got his ass continual wooped like a red headed step child.

He is nothing in NE either, his co ordinates who made him look good are gone. If it were not for Tom Brady sticking around, BB would be nothing.

Livinginthe past
08-31-2006, 01:52 PM
tell me more about this belichick coaching tree. :busted:

i dont need you to take me seriously, dont want your credit. the fact that people will actually laugh at my jokes is credit enough.

and all these people whom i should start expecting to treat me like a class clown.... where are they? can i see them too? or are they all the people who live inside your swolen head who constantly repeat "cowher sucks", "afcc game/ home turf".

newsflash: dilusions arent people and those voices arent real.

*Warning - This post contains absolutely no traces of football analysis*

NM

Livinginthe past
08-31-2006, 01:56 PM
He is nothing in NE either, his co ordinates who made him look good are gone. If it were not for Tom Brady sticking around, BB would be nothing.

Hey at least you love Tom Brady.

The amount of people who had cried during last season - leave poor Cowher alone - its not his fault he has had terrible QB's.

Firstly, if its not the HC's fault, then who's is it?

Secondly, now that they have Ben they win a superbowl?

Sounds to me like Cap'n spitball is the one who relies completely on his QB to get him a ring......

NM

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-31-2006, 01:59 PM

maybe he can. brilliant observation.

one of the many things you are dilusional about. theres no more arguing with you anymore. it has dissipitated into just constantly proving you wrong. any skills you thought you had of defending a point have been clouded by your dilusions of grandeur. now skip on to the next sentence you find by any poster that you think you can dissect while avoiding the point and content. maybe you will luck out and find a spelling error or typo.

THATS IT!!!! Thank you for crystalizing what I have been :banging: for the last several weeks.

I am just now beginning to understand how the Boston Tea Party actually happened

(Late 1700's)

MY ancestor: "NO TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION"

LITP's ancestor: "So are you saying that you would rather be taxed harshly and have a representative?"

My ancestor: "What ..thats not what I said!"

LITP's ancestor: "So your failure to answer my question shows me that indeed you want taxation but have no idea how much?"

My ancestor: "NO!..Thats not what I'm saying..I am saying that unless you give us a voice in regards to taxation or parlimentary procedure...we will NOT pay taxes and will in fact throw your OVERTAXED tea into the harbor!!"

LITP's ancestor: "Actually tea is made after brewing..I think you meant that you would throw the tea leaves into the harbor. Please get your facts straight. Since you dont know the difference between the two, it leads me to believe that your theory on revolt is not very well thought out."

My ancestor: "You are beginning to piss me off."

LITP's ancestor: I like biscuits with my tea..therefore your anger is misdirected in a metaphysical direction that completely ignores elements related to the essence of middle eastern socio-economical reasoning.

My ancestor:"Countdown to me sticking a musket up your butt?" :countdown

Lyn
08-31-2006, 01:59 PM
As much as I enjoy debating with you Lyn, perhaps you could do better than one line questions that require one word answers.

Otherwise this is going to turn into a very long thread.

NM

oh then you will not say? He was hired Jan. 27, 2000 Brady came along in the 2001 season, he is nada without TB. Call it a one liner hon, I cal it a fact:bouncy:

floodcitygirl
08-31-2006, 02:04 PM
THATS IT!!!! Thank you for crystalizing what I have been :banging: for the last several weeks.

I am just now beginning to understand how the Boston Tea Party actually happened

(Late 1700's)

LITP's ancestor: "So are you saying that you would rather be taxed harshly and have a representative?"

LITP's ancestor: "So your failure to answer my question shows me that indeed you want taxation but have no idea how much?"

My ancestor: "NO!..Thats not what I'm saying..I am saying that unless you give us a voice in regards to taxation or parlimentary procedure...we will NOT pay taxes and will in fact throw your OVERTAXED tea into the harbor!!"

LITP's ancestor: "Actually tea is made after brewing..I think you meant that you would throw the tea leaves into the harbor. Please get your facts straight. Since you dont know the difference between the two, it leads me to believe that your theory on revolt is not very well thought out."

LITP's ancestor: I like biscuits with my tea..therefore your anger is misdirected in a metaphysical direction that completely ignores elements related to the essence of middle eastern socio-economical reasoning.

My ancestor:"Countdown to me sticking a musket up your butt?" :countdownNow THAT'S FUNNY!!!! I don't care who you are! :rofl:

tony hipchest
08-31-2006, 02:05 PM
C'mon Tony - fact check again - he left Richard Seymour off the list also.

That constitutes two players who are part of the current roster which he didnt give credit for.

NMfact check: big deal. a minor inconsequential point. his valid argument still stands. so who are the drafted defenders the past 2 years that the pats are expecting great things from in the next 5 years? (this oughtta be good....)

tony hipchest
08-31-2006, 02:08 PM

(Late 1700's)

:sofunny: classic! definitely in the running for post of the year award!

hardwork
08-31-2006, 02:10 PM
It's very simple. In 15 years as head coach of the Steelers Cowher has engineered one SB victory. ONE. In HALF that time as head coach of the Patriots Belichick has engineered three. THREE.

Livinginthe past
08-31-2006, 02:10 PM

(Late 1700's)

Etc etc.........

Perhaps you should just count yourself lucky that your ancestors knew the difference between two and four.

You made a post full of factual inaccuracies - not me.

Just becasue I called you on it, its no reason to go completely off topic with a rambling dissesction of the 'Boston tea-party'

People accuse me of misdirection and avoiding facts - well thats exactly what this post constitutes - the avoidance of reality and the substitution of it for 'humor'.

Here's another factual error - for your growing collection - my ancestors were Irish - not English - so they would not have been anywhere near the Boston Tea party and certainly not on the side you suggest.

Have a nice day.

NM

floodcitygirl
08-31-2006, 02:16 PM
Perhaps you should just count yourself lucky that your ancestors knew the difference between two and four.

Just becasue I called you on it, its no reason to go completely off topic with a rambling dissesction of the 'Boston tea-party'

People accuse me of misdirection and avoiding facts - well thats exactly what this post constitutes - the avoidance of reality and the substitution of it for 'humor'.

Here's another factual error - for your growing collection - my ancestors were Irish - not English - so they would not have been anywhere near the Boston Tea party and certainly not on the side you suggest.

Have a nice day.

NMMaybe it DOES matter who you are???!!! :hunch: I'm still laughing! :sofunny:

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-31-2006, 02:19 PM

Have a nice day.

NM

..and it pissed you off...so it was worth it:sofunny:

Livinginthe past
08-31-2006, 02:23 PM
fact check: big deal. a minor inconsequential point. his valid argument still stands. so who are the drafted defenders the past 2 years that the pats are expecting great things from in the next 5 years? (this oughtta be good....)

Wow.

Another typical TonyHapless post.

facts wrong?

Big deal.

ha ha .

You make it too easy.

In answer to your question about how I expect great things from in a defensive capacity, from the last two drafts :

Ellis Hobbs - Already a starter at CB - shows great awareness and ability to attack the ball - turnover ability in a D that missed that last year.

Small in stature but wont be bullied - example - the Miami game where they went deep into the corner of the endzone twice in succession in order to make the height difference count.

result?

Two passes defensed.

James Sanders - Having an excellent camp and pre-season. Will definitely benefit from time as understudy to the great Rodney H.

Willie Andrews - the natural replacement for two-way Troy has already seen plenty of time at WR and CB in TC - another low round gem in the making.

Now, as you know Tony, the Patriots have concentrated their efforts of building an offensive juggernaut through the draft over the last couple of years - which is probably why you chose the defensive side of the ball to hone in on - as I say, predictable.

There have been no defensive draft picks higher than a 3rd - and only one of them at that.

NM

hardwork
08-31-2006, 02:25 PM
Gotta admit, LITP, LLT's post was funny.

Livinginthe past
08-31-2006, 02:26 PM
..and it pissed you off...so it was worth it:sofunny:

Sure erroneously saying my ancestors were involved in the Boston Tea party really annoyed me.

I mean really, LLT!

You guys make such a big deal of how I divert and fail to answer questions - when the best you can come up with is a lame comedy sketch.

If you feel the need to devote the time spent making that up just to simply piss me off - then its pretty obvious to me who is under who's skin.

NM

Livinginthe past
08-31-2006, 02:28 PM
Gotta admit, LITP, LLT's post was funny.

Sure it was.

Its a handy defensive mechanism when being totally outflanked in a debate he injected himself into.

If it had even a small basis in reality then I too might have been able to share in the joke.

LLT is real humorous guy - he just isnt too sure of his facts

NM

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-31-2006, 02:43 PM
Sure it was.

Its a handy defensive mechanism when being totally outflanked in a debate he injected himself into.

If it had even a small basis in reality then I too might have been able to share in the joke.

NM

:sofunny: :sofunny: PLEASE I made one post mistake and you are like a dog on a bone....do you really want me to go back to the posts on Israel and one by one post your piss-poor research..inaccuracies...and waffling???!!!

The difference between mine and yours...I immedialtly admitted my mistake..you NEVER have in any posts I have ever seen....hmmmm...I'm part Irish...so I can assume that it cant be a genetic trait...must be a character problem.

Lyn
08-31-2006, 02:44 PM
Sure it was.

NM

Actually LLT is very conscious of his facts you are the one in the dream world and the one who will not even reply to a very valid consideration. BB was hired in 1 of '00

What's his name got hurt and a rookie from MI Tom Brady had to take the field. Ever since then BB has shined prior to that his winning %age was .500

And those my dear sweet Patsie fan are facts noone can dispute. That is one tiny lil fact that even you can not dispute and it makes your argument is a nonissue.

tony hipchest
08-31-2006, 02:48 PM
Wow.

There have been no defensive draft picks higher than a 3rd - and only one of them at that.

NMthats because crennel is no longer there to develop them. LLT's point not only stands but gains strength. with the recent losses of law, harrison, bruschi, to injury, not to mention the pourous secondary and the likes of mcginest, brown, and beisel, colvin, you would think defense would be a much higher priority in the draft. not bolstering what has been made out to be such a powerful offense

ExtonSteelFan
08-31-2006, 02:51 PM
Sure it was.

NM

Kinda like how you always revert to this same statement everytime:

"We beat you twice in the AFCCG's twice - in your own house"

Hypocrite :rolleyes:

tony hipchest
08-31-2006, 02:56 PM
Sure it was.

NM (swing and a miss- strike 1)is not the fact that youre english and hes an american "even a small basis in reality"????

(caught looking - strike 2) how can you call this a debate? youre trying to argue that belichick is the greatest coach since lombardi and i have shown how ones such as gibbs, shanahan, cowher, j. johnson, walsh are as good, if not better.

(badly missed! strike 3- youre outta there!) out flanked? you mean by the typical diversionary tactics rather than addressing the point head on?

ExtonSteelFan
08-31-2006, 02:57 PM
You make a message board career out of 'fart jokes' - snide commets about Brady's sexuality

NM

And you do nothing of the sort right? What's that snide comment you made about Bill? Wasn't it "Cap'n spitball"? Riiiight...

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-31-2006, 03:07 PM

(Late 1700's)

:sofunny: :sofunny: sorry LITP..but this might be my favorite post of all time!!:sofunny: :sofunny:
Damn!!! I made ME laugh!!! Excuse me while I copy, paste, print...copy, past, print...

Livinginthe past
08-31-2006, 03:18 PM
:sofunny: :sofunny: sorry LITP..but this might be my favorite post of all time!!:sofunny: :sofunny:
Damn!!! I made ME laugh!!! Excuse me while I copy, paste, print...copy, past, print...

Hey, be my guest and go for it.

Its good that you have found some positives to take out of this thread - it started bad and then got worse for you - and now you obviously feel you rescued it with an intruiging yet humorous insight into a war.

It takes all sorts, I guess.

NM

tony hipchest
08-31-2006, 03:20 PM

i concur. i like how he responded with this:

"Here's another factual error - for your growing collection - my ancestors were Irish - not English - so they would not have been anywhere near the Boston Tea party and certainly not on the side you suggest."

which totaly deflects from the fact that youre impersonation of him (represented by his "ancestors" in your "skit") was dead on acurate.

deflection and diversion. he is definitely a master of these. rinse, lather, repeat.

Livinginthe past
08-31-2006, 03:23 PM
i concur. i like how he responded with this:

"Here's another factual error - for your growing collection - my ancestors were Irish - not English - so they would not have been anywhere near the Boston Tea party and certainly not on the side you suggest."

which totaly deflects from the fact that youre impersonation of him (represented by his "ancestors" in your "skit") was dead on acurate.

deflection and diversion. he is definitely a master of these. rinse, lather, repeat.

Hmm I fail to see how it would be an accurate 'skit' if my ancestors could have played no part in the BTP.

Its actually you who repeats this interetsing theory about diversion eveytime he gets made to look silly.

The further we get from football the happier Tony is.

Poor old Tony Hapless - now he has resorted to piggy-backing others attempts at humor - not even a fully qualified clown - more like the clowns apprentice.

Ha ha.

NM

tony hipchest
08-31-2006, 03:33 PM
Hmm I fail to see how it would be an accurate 'skit' if my ancestors could have played no part in the BTP.

Its actually you who repeats this interetsing theory about diversion eveytime he gets made to look silly.

The further we get from football the happier Tony is.

Poor old Tony Hapless - now he has resorted to piggy-backing others attempts at humor - not even a fully qualified clown - more like the clowns apprentice.

Ha ha.

NM

did i say the skit was accurate? think and read before you post. they make you look like an imbicile! i said his IMPERSONNATION OF YOU WAS DEAD ON ACCURATE. i know you hate to hear this but reading comprehension is a good thing. something you clearly lack as proven once again.

just giving props where props are due. many laughed at the post and laughed at you, as im sure his secret rep will indicate. did pile rep on him? no but i hit him once. i just know from experience that when you crack on somebody and it is hilarious people will let you know. any argument youve thrown into the arena in this thread has been blown out of the arena. youre firing blanks now and have avoided several points where you have been proven flat out wrong.

cowher cant win the big game as a favorite huh? where were you last year?

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-31-2006, 03:36 PM
Hey, be my guest and go for it.

Its good that you have found some positives to take out of this thread - it started bad and then got worse for you - and now you obviously feel you rescued it with an intruiging yet humorous insight into a war.

It takes all sorts, I guess.

NM

Again ..dont let the facts get in the way of wha the post points out...before Romeo ..crappy draft. after..good drafts.

Fact: Since the point of my post was how few quality picks the Pats had prior to Romeo...and since I gave the pats credit for Seymour... you seem to be hanging your hat on the Mistake of the OVERACHIEVING Patrick Pass...

Take the time to look in NFL.com and check the drafts before 2001 and after 2001...NIGHT and DAY...Its called the Dave Wannstedt factor..."when reguired to be your own judge of talent..you will fail"...

Livinginthe past
08-31-2006, 03:40 PM
did i say the skit was accurate? think and read before you post. they make you look like an imbicile! i said his IMPERSONNATION OF YOU WAS DEAD ON ACCURATE. i know you hate to hear this but reading comprehension is a good thing. something you clearly lack as proven once again.

just giving props where props are due. many laughed at the post and laughed at you, as im sure his secret rep will indicate. did pile rep on him? no but i hit him once. i just know from experience that when you crack on somebody and it is hilarious people will let you know. any argument youve thrown into the arena in this thread has been blown out of the arena. youre firing blanks now and have avoided several points where you have been proven flat out wrong.

cowher cant win the big game as a favorite huh? where were you last year?

Ha ha.

Stick to reppin' your buddy Tony, you'll serve some purpose other than usurped class clown.

Again, you appear to confuse yourself when it comes to the subject of opinion and fact.

I have cleared up in terms of the football debate, which is why you're focussing so hard upon the skit.

Transparent.

Bring something football related to the table and we can talk again - and I dont mean the 'Cowher can't win the big one' debate - that one has been put to bed numerous times.

If all you want to do is show your love for LLT - well thats something you can do on PM.

NM

Livinginthe past
08-31-2006, 03:46 PM
Again ..dont let the facts get in the way of wha the post points out...before Romeo ..crappy draft. after..good drafts.

Fact: Since the point of my post was how few quality picks the Pats had prior to Romeo...and since I gave the pats credit for Seymour... you seem to be hanging your hat on the Mistake of the OVERACHIEVING Patrick Pass...

Take the time to look in NFL.com and check the drafts before 2001 and after 2001...NIGHT and DAY...Its called the Dave Wannstedt factor..."when reguired to be your own judge of talent..you will fail"...

I can see why you and Tony get along so well.

The facts = you got wrong - twice.

Both Seymour and Pass are on the Patriots roster still - now I know you admitted the Seymour boob, but you seem to think that downplaying Pass's abilities somehow subtratcs from your original error - he is on the roster and that is all that counts.

You asked for my opinion - and it was that they were good drafts.

You have your opinion, which you based upon incorrect information.

I have mine, which I have based upon the correct data.

If you want to bring something new, do that by all means - maybe you want to get into what i think of Patrick Pass as a player....

Regardless, base it on something a little more solid next time.

NM

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-31-2006, 03:50 PM
I can see why you and Tony get along so well.

The facts = you got wrong - twice.

Both Seymour and Pass are on the Patriots roster still - now I know you admitted the Seymour boob, but you seem to think that downplaying Pass's abilities somehow subtratcs from your original error - he is on the roster and that is all that counts.

You asked for my opinion - and it was that they were good drafts.

You have your opinion, which you based upon incorrect information.

I have mine, which I have based upon the correct data.

If you want to bring something new, do that by all means - maybe you want to get into what i think of Patrick Pass as a player....

Regardless, base it on something a little more solid next time.

NM

Again..Ill use small words..even with the SUPERHUMAN Pass in that draft..they sucked

tony hipchest
08-31-2006, 04:08 PM
Ha ha.

Stick to reppin' your buddy Tony, you'll serve some purpose other than usurped class clown.

If all you want to do is show your love for LLT - well thats something you can do on PM.

NMwow. it is unlike you to act so jealous and take things so personally. i recall when a post like this directed to you in the past wouldve had your knickers wadded.

should i stop hitting the "i approve" button when i read an excellent and humerous post? it seems to irritate you.

Lyn
08-31-2006, 04:10 PM
Okay I think that is enough bashing for a football forum post.

I am moving this to the Blast Furnance, have your facts and knock 'em dead! :)

Lyn
08-31-2006, 04:12 PM
:crying01: LOL but I don't know how yet so I won't LOL

Gotta love Newbie Mods!~

tony hipchest
08-31-2006, 04:42 PM
:crying01: LOL but I don't know how yet so I won't LOL

Gotta love Newbie Mods!~lol. thats ok. i think litp will realize he stepped out of bounds and behave now. :cool:

hardwork
08-31-2006, 05:33 PM
Bring something football related to the table and we can talk again - NM

He can't. He's just a con job. I don't why the guy is even in a football forum.

BBC
08-31-2006, 06:08 PM
He can't. He's just a con job. I don't why the guy is even in a football forum.

http://www.oldmatador.com/apb/icon_potkettle.gif

Froggy
08-31-2006, 06:11 PM
What's with the Patriot's fans on this board? I understand them wanting some respect for thier team, but this all seems a little overblown.

MattsMe
08-31-2006, 07:46 PM
What's happening to this place?

Lyn
08-31-2006, 08:08 PM
There is no excuse for any of this behavior, including mine and I apologize.
I get a lil upset when a Pats fan tells me that his coach is better, his qb is better, etc, etc, etc, it is unending.

hardwork
08-31-2006, 10:10 PM
Yeah, take it easy folks, no reason to get all worked up. Its only pre-season. You need to relax like me.

tony hipchest
08-31-2006, 10:36 PM
He can't. He's just a con job. I don't why the guy is even in a football forum.earth to tha rock...earth to tha rock... come in tha rock.

coaches better than belichick:

gibbs (could win a sb by more than 3)
walsh (could win a sb by more than 3)
shanahan (could win a sb by more than 3)
cowher (could win a sb by more than 3)
levy
lombardi (could win a sb by more than 3)
noll (could win a sb by more than 3)
johnson (could win a sb by more than 3)
shula (could win a sb by more than 3)
landry (could win a sb by more than 3)
parcells (could win a sb by more than 3)
im sure i missed a few. feel free to add on.

your coach is over rated (but only by red sox fans... er i mean patriot fans)

hardwork
08-31-2006, 11:09 PM
earth to tha rock...earth to tha rock... come in tha rock.

coaches better than belichick:

gibbs (could win a sb by more than 3)
walsh (could win a sb by more than 3)
shanahan (could win a sb by more than 3)
cowher (could win a sb by more than 3)
levy
lombardi (could win a sb by more than 3)
noll (could win a sb by more than 3)
johnson (could win a sb by more than 3)
shula (could win a sb by more than 3)
landry (could win a sb by more than 3)
parcells (could win a sb by more than 3)
im sure i missed a few. feel free to add on.

your coach is over rated (but only by red sox fans... er i mean patriot fans)

This guy hipchest is a retard, get rid of him, he's wrecking your forum.

tony hipchest
08-31-2006, 11:24 PM
This guy hipchest is a retard, get rid of him, he's wrecking your forum.
are you asking me to get rid of myself on a forum i belong to? a forum i consider my home board? :sofunny:

you are a riot hw. youre friendly, playful, posts ribbing me is what keeps me around! :bouncy:

Froggy
09-01-2006, 12:15 AM
There's a reason people find Boston to be so annoying.

The guy who starts a thread saying Troy Brown will be the #3 quaterback in Boston says we should get rid of someone on our forum.

Amazing.

hardwork
09-01-2006, 01:50 AM
There's a reason people find Boston to be so annoying.

The guy who starts a thread saying Troy Brown will be the #3 quaterback in Boston says we should get rid of someone on our forum.

Amazing.

Hey Froggy, don't give yourself up so quickly.

The idea is to hang around for awhile, read the posts, try and figure out what's going on, and then make an ass of yourself.

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-01-2006, 04:47 AM
Okay I think that is enough bashing for a football forum post.

I am moving this to the Blast Furnance, have your facts and knock 'em dead! :)

Sorry Lyn...just for future reference...where did I cross the line?... When I asked for LITP to not pee on a tree when marking the "mistake territory"...or when I gave him the countdown for sticking a musket up his grandpas butt? :angel:

Lyn
09-01-2006, 09:36 AM
Sorry Lyn...just for future reference...where did I cross the line?... When I asked for LITP to not pee on a tree when marking the "mistake territory"...or when I gave him the countdown for sticking a musket up his grandpas butt? :angel:

You did NOT cross any line at all. That post I made was more for me than anyone. All of us are friends There was no need for me to have said the things I said. In the future I, meaning ME will try to stay out of these types of conversations because they upset the heck out of me. I do not allow personal attacks (that I made), of any nature allowed on my club forum and never have. I believe a member of a Steeler forum is to be respected. Disagree with someone? Heck yes disagree but keep the personal stuff out, that is not only ignorant it is unkind and immature. I do not feel it looks good to the new members or the older ones. Everyone has shit in their lives daily and I feel a person comes on a message board to relax, have a little fun, banter some, etc. Noone comes on to be demeaned and we have an unnamed poster who loves getting us all riled up on SF with incessent infactual remarks.

Noone on this forum did anything wrong, I, meaning ME, did somethig wrong by even stooping to the <insert word here> level and posting any remarks at all.

Also, these are my beliefs, my feelings, etc and not of SF.

No offense was intended, you did NOTHING wrong LLT, you added some humor to a very sick, sick post, IMHO. Peace buddy:)

floodcitygirl
09-01-2006, 09:40 AM
Hey Froggy, don't give yourself up so quickly.

The idea is to hang around for awhile, read the posts, try and figure out what's going on, and then make an ass of yourself.You are calling people an ass and then talking about "others" ruining this forum??? Besides many of us enjoy this forum and think it's doing just fine. :smile:

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-01-2006, 10:01 AM
You did NOT cross any line at all. That post I made was more for me than anyone. All of us are friends There was no need for me to have said the things I said. In the future I, meaning ME will try to stay out of these types of conversations because they upset the heck out of me. I do not allow personal attacks (that I made), of any nature allowed on my club forum and never have. I believe a member of a Steeler forum is to be respected. Disagree with someone? Heck yes disagree but keep the personal stuff out, that is not only ignorant it is unkind and immature. I do not feel it looks good to the new members or the older ones. Everyone has shit in their lives daily and I feel a person comes on a message board to relax, have a little fun, banter some, etc. Noone comes on to be demeaned and we have an unnamed poster who loves getting us all riled up on SF with incessent infactual remarks.

Noone on this forum did anything wrong, I, meaning ME, did somethig wrong by even stooping to the <insert word here> level and posting any remarks at all.

Also, these are my beliefs, my feelings, etc and not of SF.

No offense was intended, you did NOTHING wrong LLT, you added some humor to a very sick, sick post, IMHO. Peace buddy:)

....good...because you know that I am a delicate flower who wears his emotions on his sleeve...always having the greater good of the community in mind and who would never do anything wrong:rolleyes: ......right?

Froggy
09-01-2006, 10:07 AM
then make an ass of yourself.

I see it took you 975 posts to do that. But you are from Boston, so you were born an *******.

Lyn
09-01-2006, 10:08 AM
LOL I meant to add that you would never do anything wrong nor would Tony nor would any
other STEELER fan that replied to that post.

Kudos, bud!

HometownGal
09-01-2006, 11:04 AM
It's time for a great big group HUG. (*ducks from the cyber-tomatoes*) :grouphug: There- that's better isn't it? Feel all warm and fuzzy inside? :smile:

If that doesn't cut the mustard, how 'bout a little song with our purple pal, Barney?

I love you, you love me
We're a happy family
With a great big hug and a kiss from me to you
Won't you say you love me, too? :bouncy:

Hmmmm. Doesn't seem to be working. :dang:

Back to my poem then.

Roses are red
Violates are blue
Sugar is sweet
And..........the Patriots still suck. :chuckle: :wink02:

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-01-2006, 12:07 PM
It's time for a great big group HUG. (*ducks from the cyber-tomatoes*) :grouphug: There- that's better isn't it? Feel all warm and fuzzy inside? :smile:

If that doesn't cut the mustard, how 'bout a little song with our purple pal, Barney?

I love you, you love me
We're a happy family

Back to my poem then.

Roses are red
Violates are blue
Sugar is sweet
And..........the Patriots still suck. :chuckle: :wink02:

...OR my personal favorite...
Violets are blue
Roses or red
If I had to be a Patriots fan
Id rather be........................eaten alive by fire ants!

Of course I say that with love, affection and total respect for any and all people in this forum...to their families and friends ..and to the poor little pygmies in africa...(Hey Lyn!!!...between you and I...did I sound sincere?):smile: :smile:

Petesburgh66
09-02-2006, 11:29 AM
Hank Poteat has been signed by the Jets.

WV-SteelerFan
09-02-2006, 02:29 PM

I love you, you love me
We're a happy family

:crying01:...I wanted to sing Kumbaya