PDA

View Full Version : Latest on Aaron Hernandez

Vis
08-22-2013, 09:03 AM
Hernandez due in court today for probable cause hearing

Last month, prosecutors sought a one-month delay of the probable cause hearing in the murder case against Aaron Hernandez. Today, their time is up.

As explained by the Fall River (Mass.) Herald News, the probable cause hearing remains set for today. It’s a threshold test of the evidence against Hernandez; if probable cause exists to believe he killed Odin Lloyd, Hernandez will stand trial at a later date. If a judge determines probable cause does not exist, the charges will be dropped.

From a strategic standpoint, the probable cause hearing gives Hernandez’s lawyers an advance crack at poking holes in the evidence, with the goal of creating reasonable doubt at trial. It’s highly unlikely that a judge would find no probable cause exists to believe Hernandez killed Lloyd, given the evidence as previously outlined by prosecutors at Hernandez’s bail hearing.

The delay in the probable cause hearing likely arose from the anticipation that Hernandez will be indicted on the charges by a grand jury, which applies the same “probable cause” standard. But Hernandez has not yet been indicted, and Hernandez’s lawyers strenuously objected to the delay when it was requested last month.

They’ll object even more strenuously to another attempt to run out the clock while the grand jury secretly hears evidence from the prosecution — with no opportunity to challenge the evidence for the defense.

Don’t be shocked, then, if the long-awaited indictment of Hernandez comes today, before the hearing is scheduled to begin.

Atlanta Dan
08-22-2013, 09:43 AM
The prosecutors probably are being delayed by needing to decide what needs to be turned over in criminal discovery - they could get a bare bones indictment anytime they want and supersede down the road

No way they are going to a PC hearing and subject anyone to cross-examination at this stage

Vis
08-22-2013, 09:53 AM
2:00 pm. I'm sure there will be a live feed.

Vis
08-22-2013, 12:22 PM
Former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez was indicted Thursday on a first-degree murder charge in the death of a friend whose bullet-riddled body was found in an industrial park about a mile from the ex-player's home.

The six-count grand jury indictment charges Hernandez with killing 27-year-old Odin Lloyd, a semi-professional football player from Boston who was dating the sister of Hernandez's girlfriend. It also contains weapons counts, according to the Fall River division of Bristol County Superior Court.

Hernandez, 23, pleaded not guilty to murder and weapons charges in June, and he is being held without bail at a county jail. His lawyers say the case against him is circumstantial and they're confident he will be able to clear his name.

Hernandez signed a new Patriots contract last summer worth $40 million but was cut from the team within hours of his June 26 arrest, when police led the handcuffed athlete from his home as news cameras rolled.

He could face life in prison if convicted. He was due to appear in Attleboro court later Thursday.

A jogger found Lloyd's body on June 17 in a North Attleborough industrial park. His mother, Ursula Ward, called him a loving son who never hurt anyone and implored law enforcement officials to get justice for his slaying.

Prosecutors say Hernandez orchestrated Lloyd's killing because he was upset at him for talking to people Hernandez had problems with at a nightclub days earlier. They say Hernandez and two associates, Ernest Wallace and Carlos Ortiz, picked Lloyd up at his home in Boston's Dorchester neighborhood early on June 17 and then drove to the industrial park.

Shortly before his death, authorities say, Lloyd sent his sister text messages. He asked if she had seen who he was with when he got into the car in Boston. Then he indicated who it was in a way that Lloyd's family said he knew his sister would understand. "NFL," he wrote. "Just so you know."

Moments later, authorities say, Lloyd was dead after gunshots rang out in an unpaved construction area by a warehouse after he apparently got out of the car for what he thought was a bathroom break.

Authorities have not said who fired the shots, but according to court documents, Ortiz told police in Florida that Wallace said it was Hernandez.

Wallace has pleaded not guilty to a charge of accessory to murder after the fact. Ortiz has pleaded not guilty to a firearm charge. Both are being held in jail without bail.

Authorities have said they haven't found the murder weapon, which they believe was a .45-caliber Glock pistol. But they recovered a magazine for .45-caliber bullets in Hernandez's Hummer as well as ammunition of the same caliber inside a condo he rented in Franklin, Mass.

Authorities also recovered a shell casing that matched those found at the homicide scene after tracking the rental car Hernandez was in the night Lloyd died.

Since then, Boston police have asked police in Hernandez's hometown of Bristol, Conn., for their help with the probe into Lloyd's homicide as well as a 2012 double homicide near a Boston nightclub. A Connecticut police lieutenant said authorities searched the home of Hernandez's uncle, seizing an SUV sought in the double killing that had been rented in Hernandez's name.

Two men died in the July 2012 shooting in Boston's South End, with witnesses reporting that gunfire came from inside a gray SUV with Rhode Island tags. Boston police haven't reported any arrests in the deaths of 29-year-old Daniel Jorge Correia de Abreu and 28-year-old Safiro Teixeira Furtado and won't comment on whether Hernandez is a suspect.

Hernandez is also facing civil litigation after a Connecticut man filed a lawsuit asserting the former player shot him in the face in February after they argued at a Miami strip club. Alexander Bradley, who says he lost an eye, told police at the time he didn't know who shot him.

In July, a judge ordered him to appear before the Fall River, Mass., grand jury hearing evidence against Hernandez in Lloyd's homicide.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/9591709/aaron-hernandez-former-new-england-patriots-tight-end-indicted-murder-charge

Fire Arians
08-22-2013, 01:31 PM
give him the chair. THE CHAIR!!!! :chuckle:

ebsteelers
08-22-2013, 02:40 PM
was watching nfl network this morning and the way the attorney (not sure of his name) was talking it seemed like Hernandez is gonna get off unless they find a weapon or he confesses.

Btw anyone see the pictures from today? he couldnt get a new suit, didnt he have the same one on last time?

Fire Haley
08-22-2013, 02:40 PM
yeah - so much for that hearing

Aaron Hernandez, former New England Patriots star, indicted on murder charge

ATTLEBORO — Former New England Patriots player Aaron Hernandez was indicted today on a charge of first-degree murder in the slaying of a Boston man whose bullet-riddled body was found in a North Attleborough industrial park in June. Hernandez also faces five gun charges in the slaying of Odin L. Lloyd, 27, of Boston, in the latest chapter of the downfall of a wealthy NFL star who once seemed to have a bright future.

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/350x-134.jpg?w=250

http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/2013/08/22/aaron-hernandez-due-back-attleboro-court/muSlnI5qGIJMgVhn425X0N/story.html

---------------------

no tie?

http://www.wbur.org/files/2013/08/0822_hernandez-620x442.jpg

Bane
08-22-2013, 05:26 PM
Bill Belichick undoubtedly has tape of the incident.

Buddha Bus
08-22-2013, 05:38 PM
Cue Ox with his rant about how Hernandez is innocent and we're all jumping to conclusions because of the media.

ebsteelers
08-23-2013, 12:48 PM
Cue Ox with his rant about how Hernandez is innocent and we're all jumping to conclusions because of the media.

we are all jumping to conclusion until they say Guilty.. we've seen funkier things happen withour system.

I wont go on a rant though......

ahhhh fuck it

HERNANDEZ IS INNOCENT

IT WAS A SET UP,

GRONK DID IT

FIRE BILL

FIRE TOM

FIRE HALEY

FIRE TOMLIN

IT WAS BENS FAULT

FIRE TIMMONS

FIRE THE KRAFTS

FIRE TEBOW

HIRE BUDDHA!

Bane
08-23-2013, 03:50 PM
we are all jumping to conclusion until they say Guilty.. we've seen funkier things happen withour system.

ahhhh fuck it

HERNANDEZ IS INNOCENT

IT WAS A SET UP,

GRONK DID IT

FIRE BILL

FIRE TOM

FIRE HALEY

FIRE TOMLIN

IT WAS BENS FAULT

FIRE TIMMONS

FIRE THE KRAFTS

FIRE TEBOW

HIRE BUDDHA!

So are you saying Ray Lewis did it?

OX1947
08-24-2013, 10:28 AM

Hernandez is innocent and you are all jumping to conclusions because the media are whores. Hi.

Fire Haley
08-24-2013, 10:36 AM
ahhhh fuck it

FIRE HALEY!

you finally got one right!:tt04:

Buddha Bus
08-26-2013, 08:44 AM

ahhhh fuck it

HERNANDEZ IS INNOCENT

IT WAS A SET UP,

GRONK DID IT

FIRE BILL

FIRE TOM

FIRE HALEY

FIRE TOMLIN

IT WAS BENS FAULT

FIRE TIMMONS

FIRE THE KRAFTS

FIRE TEBOW

HIRE BUDDHA!

I'm not saying something funky couldn't happen, just that it sure looks bad for Hernandez. Just because an American jury finds you not guilty doesn't mean you didn't do it. O.J. Simpson and countless others are living proof of that.

Vis
08-26-2013, 09:41 AM
Somebody take a shot of the defense's theory of how the murder occurred without Aaron present. I can't come up with a story.

Atlanta Dan
08-27-2013, 10:28 PM
Somebody take a shot of the defense's theory of how the murder occurred without Aaron present. I can't come up with a story.

Aaron's role was limited to providing the drugs

Hernandez was a heavy user of angel dust, and had become so paranoid over the last year that he carried a gun wherever he went.

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/five-revelations-from-rolling-stones-aaron-hernandez-story-20130827

PCP - Breakfast Of Champions

Vis
08-28-2013, 01:37 PM
Aaron's role was limited to providing the drugs

Hernandez was a heavy user of angel dust, and had become so paranoid over the last year that he carried a gun wherever he went.

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/five-revelations-from-rolling-stones-aaron-hernandez-story-20130827

PCP - Breakfast Of Champions

Is PCP performance enhancing?

Atlanta Dan
08-28-2013, 01:49 PM
Is PCP performance enhancing?

Well it can contribute to paranoid delusions - not certain if that is performance enhancing or not

The full Rolling Stone article is out - excerpts below

The Gangster In The Huddle

Hernandez left home in January 2007, taking early graduation to enroll at Florida and be eligible for spring football. But he was miserable and overmatched his first year there and told friends on the phone he wanted to quit. Meyer brought him in for face-to-face meetings, reading Scripture in his office each morning. He assigned Mike and Maurkice Pouncey, twin All-American linemen, to baby-sit Hernandez, and detailed Tim Tebow, the truest of believers, to be his life instructor....

He could have written his own ticket if he’d kept his nose clean: been a high-first-rounder in the 2010 NFL draft and pulled an eight-figure bonus to sign. Instead, he cemented his don’t-touch rep by getting embroiled in a shooting outside a bar. “He was out with the Pounceys and [ex-Gator safety] Reggie Nelson, and some guys tried to snatch a chain off one of the Pounceys,” says the local reporter. “The guys drive off, then stop at a light, and someone gets out of a car and shoots into their car through the passenger window. One victim described the shooter as possibly Hispanic or Hawaiian, with lots of tattoos on his arms.” The Pounceys were questioned as witnesses to the crime, but Hernandez invoked his right to counsel and never gave a statement, most odd since he was also called as a witness. No charges have ever been filed, and the case is still open...

In April 2010, a few months before the NFL draft, Hernandez sat down and composed a letter, or had his agent at Athletes First do so for him. (The firm is a top-tier NFL shop, repping Ray Lewis, Aaron Rodgers and Clay Matthews, among others.) It was a Hail Mary pass to 32 teams, asking them to spike their bad reports and pick a dope-smoking, hair-trigger hothead...

Only one team took the bait, burning a midround pick on a guy with “character issues”: the stoop-to-conquer Patriots of Bill Belichick.... He signed so many players bearing red flags they could have marched in Moscow’s May Day parade (Randy Moss, Donte Stallworth, et al.), and began drafting kids with hectic pasts,...

In his first remarks after Odin Lloyd’s murder, Robert Kraft described himself as “duped” by Hernandez, saying he’d had no knowledge of his troubles. That is arrant nonsense: Every team knew him as a badly damaged kid with a circle of dangerous friends and a substance problem.......

“Don’t matter what it’s about: Aaron’s out of his mind,” says one friend of the family. “He’s been twisted on dust now for more than a year, which is when all of this crazy shit started.”...

First marketed in the Fifties as a surgical anesthetic, it was banned for its psych-ward side effects: mania, delirium, violent hallucinations. Cops shake their heads in awe at the crazy-making powers of dust...

And so here we are now, a year out from trial, and the open-and-shut case against Aaron Hernandez probably won’t be as easy to prosecute as it seems...

A bigger problem for the prosecution is the all-or-nothing charge they’ve levied against Hernandez. In deciding to try him for murder in the first, they’ll be asking jurors to send a young man to prison for the rest of his life, no parole. “In these cases, juries think that reasonable doubt means no doubt at all,” says Cardinale. “If the defense can create even the slightest crack, he may walk like George Zimmerman walked – probably guilty, but the DA overcharged.”

http://www.rollingstone.com/feature/the-gangster-in-the-huddle

Casa Hernandez - come for the murder, stay for the PCP

Vis
08-28-2013, 01:54 PM
Well it can contribute to paranoid delusions - not certain if that is performance enhancing or not

I believe being able to function pain free with multiple broken bones is an advantage on the field.

JonM229
08-28-2013, 02:05 PM
I believe being able to function pain free with multiple broken bones is an advantage on the field.

Were there any times he needed to be brought down by several defenders? That'd be a red flag right there.

Vis
08-28-2013, 02:46 PM
Says a lot about the NFL drug testing program if it's all true.

Atlanta Dan
08-28-2013, 03:05 PM
Says a lot about the NFL drug testing program if it's all true.

Maybe they don't test for PCP - testing is for dangerous drugs like marijuana

Buddha Bus
08-28-2013, 03:16 PM

I bet if you dip into Hernandez' secret mondo stash of PCP you could come up with one that sounds reasonable to you.

caplovestroyp43
08-31-2013, 02:04 PM
Colin Cowherd who I normally enjoy listening to, was blathering on and on about how we should have compassion for his upbringing, that he had a rough life, yada, yada, yada. Listen I was physically, sexually and emotionally abused for years and I haven't gone out and (allegedly) killed someone.

Choices. If he is guilty, which it looks like he could very well be, he CHOSE to do that. If he did, piss on life. Give him the death penality.

Vis
09-01-2013, 05:37 AM
Colin Cowherd who I normally enjoy listening to, was blathering on and on about how we should have compassion for his upbringing, that he had a rough life, yada, yada, yada. Listen I was physically, sexually and emotionally abused for years and I haven't gone out and (allegedly) killed someone.

Choices. If he is guilty, which it looks like he could very well be, he CHOSE to do that. If he did, piss on life. Give him the death penality.

I agree with this. Childhood trauma and circumstances of upbringing are important to look at to prevent creating new evil people but it doesn't excuse those who are already there. It can be hard t break out of gangs, or the klan, or whatever particular evil a kid is born into but Hernandez was no longer struck in those circumstances.

He can't get the death penalty.

caplovestroyp43
09-02-2013, 09:09 PM
I agree with this. Childhood trauma and circumstances of upbringing are important to look at to prevent creating new evil people but it doesn't excuse those who are already there. It can be hard t break out of gangs, or the klan, or whatever particular evil a kid is born into but Hernandez was no longer struck in those circumstances.

Holy moly that's got to be a first! Vis agrees with me!! WOW!!!! :drink:

Bane
09-03-2013, 09:14 AM

He may be able to, considering this case might become a federal matter (having crossed state lines).

Vis
09-03-2013, 10:00 AM
He may be able to, considering this case might become a federal matter (having crossed state lines).

How did it cross state lines? I missed that.

ebsteelers
09-03-2013, 01:13 PM
next time you shart in your undies say to your self.... at least im not aaron hernandez

teegre
09-03-2013, 01:22 PM
Cap/Vis,

I listen to Colin Cowherd all of the time, and to clarify, after he discussed having sympthany for Aaron Hernandez, he came back on (later in the show) and clarified that he thinks Aaron should go to jail.

As he said, he feels compassion for the kid's horrible situation, but Cowherd does to think that Aaron should get off/should be found not guilty.

Cowherd was indeed talking about having compassion. As he said, if Aaron's dad had never died, Aaron would be a very different person. But again, as he clarified (later in the show) this does not excuse Aaron from the murders.

COMPASSION
The part that got me was when the author of the article was describing Aaron's flop house. A flop house is where dudes takes their "girlfriends" (so that their wife doesn't find out about their antics). The author said that Aaron never used s flop house for sex; Aaron used his flop house to act like a kid. Aaron would escape from the drug-ladened thug-life that surrounded him, by going to his flop house to play video games and watch movies (and act like a normal 23 year old).

That is what got me.

This kid is acting tough and putting up this front, but deep down, he wants to just lead a normal "twenty-something" life: beer, pizza, video games, movies, and such.

Again, I am not saying that he should go free; he murdered a dude in cold blood. But, I feel sad for the childhood that was lost (when a his dad died). As Cowherd said, how different would things have been, if Aaron's dad had been around.

Atlanta Dan
09-03-2013, 01:32 PM

Just crossing state lines would be a reach for federal jurisdiction

Making A Federal Case Out Of A Death Investigation

Although not organized in this manner within the United States Code, federal murder statutes can be separated into three general categories to facilitate a prosecutor's ability to determine whether federal jurisdiction exists over a death. First are statutes where federal jurisdiction turns on the nature of a defendant or victim. A second category includes statutes where federal jurisdiction is premised on the location of the murder or death. Finally, killings that occur while a defendant is engaged in another federal offense make up the last category.

http://www.justice.gov/usao/eousa/foia_reading_room/usab6001.pdf

caplovestroyp43
09-03-2013, 10:40 PM
Cap/Vis,

I listen to Colin Cowherd all of the time, and to clarify, after he discussed having sympthany for Aaron Hernandez, he came back on (later in the show) and clarified that he thinks Aaron should go to jail.

As he said, he feels compassion for the kid's horrible situation, but Cowherd does to think that Aaron should get off/should be found not guilty.

Cowherd was indeed talking about having compassion. As he said, if Aaron's dad had never died, Aaron would be a very different person. But again, as he clarified (later in the show) this does not excuse Aaron from the murders.

COMPASSION
The part that got me was when the author of the article was describing Aaron's flop house. A flop house is where dudes takes their "girlfriends" (so that their wife doesn't find out about their antics). The author said that Aaron never used s flop house for sex; Aaron used his flop house to act like a kid. Aaron would escape from the drug-ladened thug-life that surrounded him, by going to his flop house to play video games and watch movies (and act like a normal 23 year old).

That is what got me.

This kid is acting tough and putting up this front, but deep down, he wants to just lead a normal "twenty-something" life: beer, pizza, video games, movies, and such.

Again, I am not saying that he should go free; he murdered a dude in cold blood. But, I feel sad for the childhood that was lost (when a his dad died). As Cowherd said, how different would things have been, if Aaron's dad had been around.

Ahhh see I didn't hear the rest of that. I only get him for a half hour on the way to work so if he came on later and said that, I missed it. Thanks for clarifying that Teeg. I would have never known otherwise. :thumbsup:

teegre
09-04-2013, 07:23 AM
Ahhh see I didn't hear the rest of that. I only get him for a half hour on the way to work so if he came on later and said that, I missed it. Thanks for clarifying that Teeg. I would have never known otherwise. :thumbsup:

You're very welcome.

At first I was like "Woah", but later in the show I was like "Oh."

Gnutella
09-04-2013, 09:41 AM
Take anybody who's in jail either repeatedly or long-term, and examine their childhoods more closely. Chances are you'll find some serious shit that happened to them. We now know that something fucked up Aaron Hernandez's childhood, and I bet something happened to Jerry Sandusky during his childhood that'd make our skin crawl if we knew. Our actions do have an impact on other people, especially children. The moment you have children, "it's my life; I can do what I want" goes out the window. The child becomes your life, and abuse or neglect will only make your child a menace to society. When that happens, you are to blame along with your child.

JonM229
09-04-2013, 09:57 AM
Aaron Hernandez was framed by the Lizard People who really run things. He knew too much, so he had to be ruined.

harrison'samonster
09-04-2013, 10:00 AM
Aaron Hernandez was framed by the Lizard People who really run things. He knew too much, so he had to be ruined.

he should have sought refuge with the Cantaloupe People, the only ones with the organization and strength to protect him, if only for a short time

JonM229
09-04-2013, 10:04 AM
he should have sought refuge with the Cantaloupe People, the only ones with the organization and strength to protect him, if only for a short time

If only he were Jewish, the banks could have protected him indefinitely.

tony hipchest
09-04-2013, 11:07 AM
he was fine until obama became president. :rolleyes:

JonM229
09-04-2013, 11:19 AM
Obama doesn't care about Puerto Ricans!

Vis
09-04-2013, 04:45 PM
Aaron Hernandez tied to other victims
Updated: September 4, 2013, 2:01 PM ET
ESPN.com news services

Police have obtained video that shows former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez at a Boston club at the same time as two men who were shot and killed hours later, according to a report by the Hartford Courant.

Daniel Abreu, 29, and Safiro Furtado, 28, were killed in their car in Boston's South End on July 16, 2012. Police were searching for a gray SUV with Rhode Island plates in connection with the killings and found a car roughly matching that description while searching a Bristol, Conn., residence for evidence related to the murder of Odin Lloyd, which Hernandez is charged with.

The silver Toyota 4Runner with Rhode Island plates had been in the garage of Hernandez's uncle's home for approximately a year.

According to the Courant, police are also examining a .38-caliber pistol in connection with the 2012 case after it was seized from a vehicle driven by a Bristol woman who was involved in a multicar crash June 21.

The newspaper reported that the Suffolk County District Attorney's Office declined to comment on the video.

Hernandez has pleaded not guilty to killing Lloyd on June 17 near his North Attleborough, Mass., home.

Atlanta Dan
09-04-2013, 05:03 PM
If only he were Jewish, the banks could have protected him indefinitely.

Hernandez was framed by the Rothschilds

Vis
09-04-2013, 05:11 PM
Hernandez was framed by the Rothschilds

Because of all the Tebowing?

Atlanta Dan
09-04-2013, 05:20 PM
Because of all the Tebowing?

For associating with Tebow - the Pouncey brothers better look out