PDA

View Full Version : Ravens and Patriots: destined for 6-10

Gnutella
08-22-2013, 10:54 PM
I mean, did you see how lousy their starters looked tonight? It's the third pre-season game, which is the "dress rehearsal" for the starters. Clearly, it means everything.

On a related note, the Panthers and Lions will earn both the first-round playoff byes in the NFC.

SteelersCanada
08-22-2013, 11:13 PM
Edit - I see what you did there.

GMU Steeler
08-22-2013, 11:30 PM
Will Warren Sapp tell us that they're old, finished, and done?

tony hipchest
08-23-2013, 12:08 AM
I felt like I watched the Super Bowl tonight.

Tom Brady does work magic though. He made the Lions defensive backs looks just like his newest golden receivers

Vis
08-23-2013, 06:10 AM
As I watched those games a second time through, I noticed that Brady is locking on his target. Belichick is an idiot for not breaking him of that years ago.

IowaSteeler927
08-23-2013, 07:13 AM
I think they should probably just cut all of their starters. They obviously suck because they lost so just cut every single one of them. They get burned every game and in all major situations. It doesn't matter if it's the preseason .There's no such thing as preseason in my book. Every game is a Super Bowl. If you can't win every game you don't deserve to play.

patsfaninpittsburgh
08-23-2013, 08:20 AM
I think they should probably just cut all of their starters. They obviously suck because they lost so just cut every single one of them. They get burned every game and in all major situations. It doesn't matter if it's the preseason .There's no such thing as preseason in my book. Every game is a Super Bowl. If you can't win every game you don't deserve to play.

I was at the "dress rehearsal" in Detroit in 2011/Tampa 2012.

Those games were probably worse.

It looks like Swartz uses this as a confidence builder or something. Tampa did the same thing last year.

Fire Arians
08-23-2013, 12:19 PM
the browns are going to the super bowl. weeden looks like joe montana!

Vis
08-23-2013, 02:14 PM
the browns are going to the super bowl. weeden looks like joe montana!

They are the same age

Bayz101
08-23-2013, 02:45 PM
This thread is pure gold.

:plusone:

teegre
08-23-2013, 03:05 PM
Honestly, the way to beat the Taperiots has been e same: pressure Brady with your DEs/OLBs, and run the ball on them. The prior is a nightmare for Marsha, and the second is the Achilles heel of that defense (despite what ESPN says about the secondary being the weak link).

Pressure Brady. Run at them. Win 34-13. Just ask Cleveland.

GodfatherofSoul
08-23-2013, 04:18 PM
Honestly, the way to beat the Taperiots has been e same: pressure Brady with your DEs/OLBs, and run the ball on them. The prior is a nightmare for Marsha, and the second is the Achilles heel of that defense (despite what ESPN says about the secondary being the weak link).

Pressure Brady. Run at them. Win 34-13. Just ask Cleveland.

Same shit happens every year. Defenses sit back in zone let Brady throw to spots, then get raped on timing routes. When he gets hit, he's one of those QBs who starts to crumble. I've seen him throw up garbage passes a rookie wouldn't attempt after he's been hit hard enough.

Just like with Peyton Manning. It seems like we always forget that he likes to do that quick snap BS before the defense is ready. We got raped by him last year pulling it.

GodfatherofSoul
08-23-2013, 04:25 PM
Dupe

Confounding Factor
08-23-2013, 05:18 PM
"My husband cannot throw the fucking ball and catch the ball at the same time." - Gisele Bundchen.

Eli still owns your husband though.

GodfatherofSoul
08-23-2013, 06:09 PM
"My husband cannot throw the fucking ball and catch the ball at the same time." - Gisele Bundchen.

Eli still owns your husband though.

I suspect Brady has been throwing and catching on the down-low for 10 years now.

teegre
08-23-2013, 08:58 PM
I suspect Brady has been throwing and catching on the down-low for 10 years now.

:applaudit:

Indeed... he has. Here's proof:
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=99725&page=4

Ishkabibble
09-03-2013, 12:15 PM
Laughable. You jamokes losing sleep over Brady (again) when you should be losing sleep over your upcoming 3rd place finish in the AFC North.

MACH1
09-03-2013, 04:56 PM
Quick reminder of how ELITE flacco is.

http://d3fsqtc6sy2z27.cloudfront.net/uploads/ef518f5f74eaccdf45a233335fd701d5_large

Confounding Factor
09-03-2013, 06:25 PM
Quick reminder of how ELITE flacco is.

http://d3fsqtc6sy2z27.cloudfront.net/uploads/ef518f5f74eaccdf45a233335fd701d5_large

Tebow coulda thrown that better.

Gnutella
09-07-2013, 01:26 AM
Laughable. You jamokes losing sleep over Brady (again) when you should be losing sleep over your upcoming 3rd place finish in the AFC.

Fixed your post.

tony hipchest
09-12-2013, 12:29 PM
Laughable. You jamokes losing sleep over Brady (again) when you should be losing sleep over your upcoming 3rd place finish in the AFC North.and you jagoffs losing sleep over what steelerfans are saying when you should be losing sleep over Danny OnTheMendola and getting smacked around by the likes of the jets and bills as you watch wes welker haul in about 130 receptions and 20 td's this year with a team that knows how to sign players and actually run a front office.

great job locking down the greatest TE tandem in the NFL for years to come. :thumbsup:

sw04ca
09-12-2013, 11:24 PM
I don't think it's possible for the Patriots to finish that badly. No matter how bad the team is, they have six guaranted wins every year. The AFC East for all the media hype, has been a joke since Marino retired. Sure, it looked like the Jets were going to turn it into a race for a while, but even a tough Rex Ryan defence can't overcome not having an offence.

Buddha Bus
09-12-2013, 11:31 PM
I don't think it's possible for the Patriots to finish that badly. No matter how bad the team is, they have six guaranted wins every year. The AFC East for all the media hype, has been a joke since Marino retired. Sure, it looked like the Jets were going to turn it into a race for a while, but even a tough Rex Ryan defence can't overcome not having an offence.

Yeah, but the Dolphins have Mike Wallace now and he is singlehandedly good for at least 3 TDs per game for them.

Did I say TDs? I meant drops.

Galax Steeler
09-13-2013, 04:38 AM
I couldn't think of two better teams that this could happen to.

JeromeBetties63
09-13-2013, 10:06 AM
The Patriots have looked awful yet they are 2-0. They will get it together and get a few guys back, end up 11-5 or 12-4 and get a first round bye. They make me sick.

Fire Arians
09-13-2013, 12:57 PM
pats will make the playoffs mainly because their division is weak. their biggest threat to the crown is (hold your laughter).. the miami dolphins. with that said, the pats no longer look like a championship team though. Denver looks much tougher

the ravens im sure will be a wildcard team, they aren't bad. just denver is that freakin' good, not to mention one of the toughest places to play is at mile high

Buddha Bus
09-13-2013, 01:04 PM
pats will make the playoffs mainly because their division is weak. their biggest threat to the crown is (hold your laughter).. the miami dolphins. with that said, the pats no longer look like a championship team though. Denver looks much tougher

the ravens im sure will be a wildcard team, they aren't bad. just denver is that freakin' good, not to mention one of the toughest places to play is at mile high

The entire AFC is up for grabs IMO. Beyond Denver and possibly Houston, there are no clear favorites to make the playoffs this year. Mostly every team has major weaknesses or shortcomings. Injuries will also be a huge x-factor. Denver will come back down to earth real fast if Manning goes down. You'd probably have just as much success picking this year's AFC playoff teams by tacking them up on a dart board as you would trying to logically predict them through performance.

Confounding Factor
09-13-2013, 04:54 PM
I want to puke thinking Denver is going to the SB.

I hope Peyton lays an egg on the first playoff game.

zcoop
09-13-2013, 10:09 PM
The entire AFC is up for grabs IMO. Beyond Denver and possibly Houston, there are no clear favorites to make the playoffs this year. Mostly every team has major weaknesses or shortcomings. Injuries will also be a huge x-factor. Denver will come back down to earth real fast if Manning goes down. You'd probably have just as much success picking this year's AFC playoff teams by tacking them up on a dart board as you would trying to logically predict them through performance.

True dat, but both Den and Hou are big chokers, so I don't think they will pan out. Like it or not, the Pats will be in the mix and maybe even the hated rats. We could be in that mix too, if we get our shit together with our schedule.

White_Steel_Wolfe
09-14-2013, 08:14 AM
I want to puke thinking Denver is going to the SB.

I hope Peyton lays an egg on the first playoff game.

Lol thats who I wanted to win the SB after the Steelers were eliminated.

Buddha Bus
09-14-2013, 08:46 AM
True dat, but both Den and Hou are big chokers, so I don't think they will pan out. Like it or not, the Pats will be in the mix and maybe even the hated rats. We could be in that mix too, if we get our shit together with our schedule.

Manning in particular is a playoff choker. He doesn't play well outdoors in the cold weather during playoff season. I also think his arm seemed weaker in last year's playoff game against Baltimore, so you have to wonder if age/fatigue are setting in on him also.

I also agree on Houston. Schaub just doesn't strike me as a QB who can lead a team to the Super Bowl title. Maybe get there, but not bring it home.

And yes, begrudgingly, I have to admit the Rats have just as valid a shot at going deep into the playoffs as anyone else. That said, so do the Dolphins, Chargers, Titans, and Chiefs. :noidea:

Confounding Factor
09-15-2013, 01:07 PM
Ravens laid an egg first half.

EDIT: and Skins.

Atlanta Dan
09-15-2013, 01:36 PM
Ravens offense is horrible - Flacco's wife had their baby a week early about 1 hour before kickoff so mentally he's not there

I have them giving 1 point with the Packers giving 2 points as a teaser parlay - I did not think the Ravens would play this poorly in their home opener as defending champs

SteelCity4Life
09-15-2013, 02:32 PM
Wow, Flacco and co. are BEYOND sub-par right now. I don't like either team but because Cleveland will probably lose at least 6-8 games, I'd really like to see them make Baltimore go 0-2.

Atlanta Dan
09-15-2013, 03:16 PM
Joe Flacco - father of the year

Kevin Van Valkenburg @KVanValkenburg

When Joe Flacco & I were talking in May abt birth of his 2nd kid, I asked him what chance was he'd miss a game if birth was a Sun: "Zero."

http://q.usatoday.com/2013/09/15/joe-flacco-dana-baby-birth-ravens-nfl/

Confounding Factor
09-15-2013, 03:20 PM
Wow the Bills 2 sec left TD...

Panthers wtf happened??

zcoop
09-15-2013, 03:27 PM
Wow the Bills 2 sec left TD...

Panthers wtf happened??

Luke Kuechly screwed up pass interference with less than 1 min. Carolina int at their own 7 would have iced the game.

NSMaster56
09-15-2013, 03:51 PM
AFC North is like the Big-10. All defense and ball-control.

Bet the unders, especially when they play each other.

And get drunk to make the quality of offensive play appear marginal.

teegre
09-15-2013, 05:25 PM
AFC North is like the Big-10. All defense and ball-control.

Bet the unders, especially when they play each other.

And get drunk to make the quality of offensive play appear marginal.

As Chris Berman uses to call it: the "Blackjack" division.

14... hit me... 17... hit me... 20... stop.

NSMaster56
09-15-2013, 06:02 PM
As Chris Berman uses to call it: the "Blackjack" division.

14... hit me... 17... hit me... 20... stop.

The one good Bermanism!

Want to thank TWICE.

:chuckle:

Ishkabibble
09-18-2013, 09:06 AM
It'll be interesting to see what happens with Ryan Clady the next few days. If he goes on I.R., massive loss for Manning and the Broncos. Huge. Denver's already lost it's starting center (uh, sorry to bring that up) and if they lose their LT...
Denver looks unstoppable right now and they may still look unstoppable come Week 9. But ask the '04 Steelers, the '07 Patriots and '09 Packers how much 15-1 and 16-0 matters come January.
We all know this; no one wins a Super Bowl in September.

tony hipchest
09-18-2013, 09:22 AM
i believe clady was just rewarded for holding out and not signing the franchise tag he was slapped with, with a giant $50+ million contract with a ton of it guranteed.

good move on his part. bad for the broncos.

EDIT: yep, just verified. 5 yr/57 mil, $33mil guranteed in 1st 3 yrs.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/broncos/2013/07/14/broncos-ryan-clady-contract/2516631/

SteelCity4Life
09-18-2013, 10:03 AM
It'll be interesting to see what happens with Ryan Clady the next few days. If he goes on I.R., massive loss for Manning and the Broncos. Huge. Denver's already lost it's starting center (uh, sorry to bring that up) and if they lose their LT...
Denver looks unstoppable right now and they may still look unstoppable come Week 9. But ask the '04 Steelers, the '07 Patriots and '09 Packers how much 15-1 and 16-0 matters come January.
We all know this; no one wins a Super Bowl in September.

Good point. It means nothing if you lose your momentum going into the playoffs.