Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Do we break the bank on Hampton ? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1010)

BlitzburghRockCity 06-24-2005 12:15 AM

Do we break the bank on Hampton ?

Assuming we sign Ward first, u know Casey wants a new deal too, and I for one would hate to see him hit the open market next year. So would you break the bank again, like we're gonna need to do w/ Hines, to keep Casey?

clevestinks 06-24-2005 02:59 PM

Re: Do we break the bank on Hampton ?

No, we offer a descent price. But nothing to break the bank. Hoke filled in nicely. Our D is all about LB`s. Our d line does play a big role, but I don`t think we need a really high priced DL. Not after a big time injury.

RoethlisBURGHer 06-24-2005 04:48 PM

We offer him something good and see if loyalty means anything to him.We're breaking the bank for Hines...and if he leaves we got Hoke to replace him,and Hoke is a good NT.

If Casey chases the money,I think Cleveland will make a run for him.They need an experianced 3-4 guy and I think he'd fit in well with Romeo's plans,unfortunatly.

bengalsfan21 06-24-2005 05:04 PM

Even though I am not a fan I agree with Roethlisburgher here

clevestinks 06-24-2005 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bengalsfan21
Even though I am not a fan I agree with Roethlisburgher here

Not a fan yet!

BlitzburghRockCity 06-24-2005 11:01 PM

There are more teams than ever running the 3-4... Thanks to us, Casey has alot more options, which could come back to haunt us.

bengalsfan21 06-24-2005 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clevestinks
Not a fan yet!

Never will be a fan....I have home town pride and always will... :D

BlitzburghRockCity 06-24-2005 11:23 PM

YOu gotta be something of a fan, to be a fan of your team for so long... so I'll give ya that.

bengalsfan21 06-24-2005 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
YOu gotta be something of a fan, to be a fan of your team for so long... so I'll give ya that.

It's just like having a wife, they got me through sickness and in health, and til death do us part. :D

BlitzburghRockCity 06-24-2005 11:41 PM

yeah, but Im sure your wife didnt lose on everything she tried for over 10 years ;)