Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Staley demoted to #3 RB (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=10106)

Sith Lord 09-02-2006 02:08 PM

Staley demoted to #3 RB

Looks like he made the team...

Steelers | Staley demoted to No. 3 running back
Sat, 2 Sep 2006 10:04:43 -0700

The Associated Press reports Pittsburgh Steelers RB Duce Staley will open the season as the team's No. 3 running back and may be inactive for some early season games.

HometownGal 09-02-2006 02:14 PM

Re: Staley demoted to #3 RB

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sith Lord (Post 144056)
Looks like he made the team...

Steelers | Staley demoted to No. 3 running back
Sat, 2 Sep 2006 10:04:43 -0700

The Associated Press reports Pittsburgh Steelers RB Duce Staley will open the season as the team's No. 3 running back and may be inactive for some early season games.

Hmmm - interesting, though I didn't think Cowher would cut him this season.

Koopa 09-02-2006 02:15 PM

his fat ass should be at the unemployment line......damn, i guess being a has been has it's benefits cause the never will bes or could've beens come in ready and play hard and get cut

Midnightwriter07 09-02-2006 02:22 PM

and it says that he may beactivated as well early on ???? why the **** not keep KUHN then ... I dont get it .. SLIM FAST SLIM FAST

OneForTheToe 09-02-2006 02:25 PM

I thought Duce was number 3 on the depth chart already?

CantStop85 09-02-2006 02:28 PM

Would it be possible for the Steelers to PUP Duce?

Lyn 09-02-2006 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnightwriter07 (Post 144061)
and it says that he may beactivated as well early on ???? why the **** not keep KUHN then ... I dont get it .. SLIM FAST SLIM FAST

Must be they like his gray sweat suit and like paying a non contributor. Perhaps his "experience" is beneficial to the rookies ? I have no idea. I am sick to death of him.

Koopa 09-02-2006 02:33 PM

it seems some of y'all are overrating this kuhn dude......i saw one game and he didn't do shit... if he can't make it over duce then he sucks, and when he did do good it was against ppl that are in the same position as him...looking for a job

Livinginthe past 09-02-2006 02:35 PM

I doubted the stories last year that said he was staying on the bench in order to allow Bettis his final season of glory it didn't seem a very professional thing to do or say.

However, it seems that this guy simply doesn't have the hunger and fire in order to perform at this level anymore.

Perhaps he is just unmotivated by the pre-season - lets face it - if he can do as bad a he has done and still make No.3 then he must have either known he was going to make the 53 regardless of his performances.

Bettis was always super-nimble given his huge frame - how do they compare weight wise - 2005 Bettis to 2006 Staley?

NM

Midnightwriter07 09-02-2006 03:22 PM

Then you wernt watching all the pre season game. He didnt get the ball like Staley did, which was a shame IMO... because i think he could be a good back who has good speed on him for as big as he his.. I hope he will stay on our practice squad and nobody picks him up.