Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Any moves at deadline? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=101164)

milehighsteeler 10-29-2013 07:43 AM

Any moves at deadline?

Today is the trade deadline. Any reason for the Steelers to be active? Obviously, they would be sellers, but what do we have of value? Frustrated this morning. .:coffee:

casteeler 10-29-2013 08:20 AM

Re: Any moves at deadline?

I really don't think any 1 or even 2 players will help this team the way the need help. The Steelers lack fundamental skill( poor blocking,dropped passes,bad tackling)

maddog78 10-29-2013 08:23 AM

I wonder if teams are calling about Troy? Denver sorely needs secondary help. So does Dallas.

IowaSteeler927 10-29-2013 08:33 AM

If anything they might try to bring in an FA lineman or something to add depth to our devastated offensive line unit but I don't think I see anything else going on. It is the NFL though, and sometimes things can be pretty unpredictable.

milehighsteeler 10-29-2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaSteeler927 (Post 1203150)
If anything they might try to bring in an FA lineman or something to add depth to our devastated offensive line unit but I don't think I see anything else going on. It is the NFL though, and sometimes things can be pretty unpredictable.

Ten years ago, I would have said nothing is going to go down, but the NFL has changed and you are right, anything can happen! Offensive line is the obvious need spot. I am sure there are suitors for Troy, but just can't see him in any other uniform.

IowaSteeler927 10-29-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milehighsteeler (Post 1203153)
Ten years ago, I would have said nothing is going to go down, but the NFL has changed and you are right, anything can happen! Offensive line is the obvious need spot. I am sure there are suitors for Troy, but just can't see him in any other uniform.

It would be a damned shame to see Troy wearing anything other than Black and Gold. He's finally healthy and has been a bright spot on an otherwise dim season. I would hate to see him get traded, but on the same token I'd understand it if the organization made such a decision. Troy is getting older, Keisel is older, Ike is getting up there, etc... We've got more youth on our team this season than last season but we could still use some younger, fresher, and more durable talent on our roster. We're getting close to a changing of the guard. While I don't honestly see the Rooney's allowing Troy to go to another team, I would understand because a team that's trying to win right NOW, like the Broncos for example, could really use a guy like Troy making a run at the Super Bowl and they might cough up a pretty decent draft pick for him.

JewniorGong 10-29-2013 09:18 AM

I want us to be sellers and get some draft picks for essentially anyone we can get rid of.

BUT.. I don't want to see Troy in another uniform

Burlybulldog 10-29-2013 09:29 AM

I would hate to see Try leave for another city. He's as good a guy off the field as he is on the field and that's saying something. Quick training camp story: A small group of boys headed to the movies to celebrate a B-Day.. A pack of Steelers( 10 or so) were headed out of the movies and passes the boys. One of the mom's stated that it was her boys birthday and could she get a quick pic....9 of the Steelers kept walking but 1 stopped and took the picture. Troy wished the boys luck with their football season, and the birthday boy a great day. Total class.
PS- I have nothing against the Steelers that kept walking..that's their free time. Just wanted to show why Troy always stands out in a crowd for all the right reasons.

steelfury02 10-29-2013 10:13 AM

Troys going nowhere and has no incentive to. He's got the 2 rings, the storied career, and the money. Just like Hines - Steeler for life.

tony hipchest 10-29-2013 12:29 PM

tomlin said he is open to a trade and will listen to offers.