Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Best Game of Last Year (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=10119)

TasmanianTroy271 09-02-2006 08:09 PM

Best Game of Last Year

Before we start on this year, I want to do one last poll on last season. We all know that the Superbowl was the best game to win, because it was for the championship, but what do you guys think was the best game of football last year? The shut-out of the Browns? The snowstorm with the Bears? The pummeling of the Colts? what do you think

For me, it was the Bears game. I thought it was just great, with Bettis's last 100 yard game, in the snow, I thought it was a perfect Steeler victory.

BlackNGold203 09-02-2006 08:12 PM

Re: Best Game of Last Year

its a tie for me...

the Colts game
the Broncos game

2 examples of how we refused to be denied....:cool: :cool:

83-Steelers-43 09-02-2006 08:18 PM

Looking back at a Super Bowl victory season I simply can't pick just one game so I will pick one from the regular season and one from the playoffs.....

Regular season: The Bears game hands down. I'll go as far as to say that I enjoyed being at that game more than any other regular season game at Heinz Field and I haven't missed one regular season or playoff game since that stadium opened. Bettis breaking off the big gain. Then watching him pave a highway over Urlacher. The atmosphere alone was beautiful. The last thing I want to see when I close my eyes for the last time is a sea of terrible towels waving during a blizzard inside Heinz Field.

Playoff game: The Colts game. Our offense coming out in the first quarter and making it look easy. Our defense giving Peyton Manning fits. Then the emotional rollercoaster aspect.....Troy's bunk call. Bettis fumbling. Ben making the tackle. Vanderdrunk shanking the FG.

Midnightwriter07 09-02-2006 08:19 PM

every game in the playoffs were greta.. but in last year i go back to that Chicago game because if we lose that, we were out of the playoffs and we knew we had to win each game ... Juts seeing the Bus run over Urlacher is one of those things that will stay in my memory for a long long long long time and i think made us get our groove back !!

Chicago is my choice although i think the Indy game took it to a diff level !!! No way were we losing to denver after that game lol

Atlanta Dan 09-02-2006 08:19 PM

Colts game - nothing else even close. That will go down as one of the top 10 playoff games of the last 25 years and end up getting the full 1&1/2 hour NFL Network Greatest Games treatment because of the last 5 minutes - from the horrible call on Troy's INT to the fumble to the tackle to the missed kick - unbelievable twists and turns

BlackNGold203 09-02-2006 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 (Post 144217)
Playoff game: The Colts game. Our offense coming out in the first quarter and making it look easy. Our defense giving Peyton Manning fits. Then the emotional rollercoaster aspect.....Troy's bunk call. Bettis fumbling. Ben making the tackle. Vanderdrunk shanking the FG.

hands down one of...if not THE greatest playoff game in NFL history....:cool: :cool:

Texasfan 09-02-2006 10:58 PM

Regular season The Bears game-watching Urlacher getting runover

Playoffs- The Colts game-watching Manning dance around unable to find a receiver!

I-Want-Troy's-Hair 09-03-2006 12:29 AM

My picks.....

Regular Season: The Bears Game - Classic Steelers football in the snow and cold.

Playoffs - Colts

PisnNapalm 09-03-2006 09:23 AM

I have to agree and say that for me it was the Bears and the playoffs Colts games that were my favorites.

The Bears game was do or die. Our playoffs started with that game. Another loss and we were done. Seeing Jerome really crank it up one more time was sweet.

Watching our defense dismantle the Colts was tremendous. I firmly believe that if the refs had made the right call on that interception by Polamalu, then we win that game 28 to 10.

Anyway... The Bears game will go down as one I will always remember. The Colts game I will always remember too.

SteelShooter 09-03-2006 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 (Post 144217)
Looking back at a Super Bowl victory season I simply can't pick just one game so I will pick one from the regular season and one from the playoffs.....

Regular season: The Bears game hands down. I'll go as far as to say that I enjoyed being at that game more than any other regular season game at Heinz Field and I haven't missed one regular season or playoff game since that stadium opened. Bettis breaking off the big gain. Then watching him pave a highway over Urlacher. The atmosphere alone was beautiful. The last thing I want to see when I close my eyes for the last time is a sea of terrible towels waving during a blizzard inside Heinz Field.

83-43............I was going to say almost the exact same thing. So, if you don't mind.............................................. ............"Everyone, What he said!"