Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Charles Rogers?? Any takers? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=10120)

clevestinks 09-02-2006 08:12 PM

Charles Rogers?? Any takers?

I suppose someone would ask so here it goes. Since Detroit has finally cut Charles Rogers, is he worth a look? With Hines hurt, who knows?

I wouldn`t!

BlackNGold203 09-02-2006 08:13 PM

Re: Charles Rogers?? Any takers?

He'll have a job...but not here....:cool: :cool:

Midnightwriter07 09-02-2006 08:17 PM

If we cut Morgan i cant see us signing Rogers... only a team desperate for receivers is going to sign him because of his injury's every year and also he is said to have an attitude .. Played in Detroit though, so who knows. I imagine anyone playing for detroit the past 5 years or so would have a bad one... Maybe a team will that has crappy 4h or 5th receivers at the moment. Not us

43Hitman 09-02-2006 08:20 PM

I honestly think we are good at reciever. We have lots of young talent and just cut Morgan. Rogers will most definitly get a job somewhere, maybe Minnesota or Seattle. We don't need Rogers. In my opinion he is a border line first round bust.

Lyn 09-02-2006 08:25 PM

Charles Rogers was a wonderful athlete at Michigan State, he was an absolute marvel to watch BUT when he went to Detriot, he was like a different person. He had continuous injuries as you all know, however, he did develop a terrible attitude. He became "lazy" no the Steeler please do not want him. :bouncy:

83-Steelers-43 09-02-2006 08:26 PM

No concerns at WR for me. Then again I don't have many if any concerns heading into this season. Definately not after four preseason games in which I believe the suicide rate in Steelers country jumped just a tad. Let somebody else take him. Nevermind the fact that he's a lazy punk and has a history with injuries, I don't feel we need anybody at WR.

Man_Of_Steel 09-02-2006 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 (Post 144224)
No concerns at WR for me. Then again I don't have many if any concerns heading into this season. Definately not after four preseason games in which I believe the suicide rate in Steelers country jumped just a tad. Let somebody else take him. Nevermind the fact that he's a lazy punk and has a history with injuries, I don't feel we need anybody at WR.

I'm concerned. Only 2 experienced WR's on this team in Ward and Wilson. I see the Steelers picking an experienced WR with speed.

Elvis 09-03-2006 05:57 AM

No.. I dont see us pickin' him up.. but someone with some discipline at head coach might could change this young mans attitude.. I see him surfacing somewhere in that NFC North or maybe even Oakland they have been known to pick up old vets.. not to say that Rogers is old because he isnt.. but he needs a new start and the Raiders are young enough to start over with..
God Bless Ya'll
Elvis

83-Steelers-43 09-03-2006 07:38 AM

Ward and Wilson.

Washington, who proved to me last season that he's capable of playing at the NFL level.

Reid and Holmes who I feel will only get better and better as the season progresses.

We can also throw in Mr. Miller if we want and while we are it, Haynes on a screen pass.

I'm not concerned with our passing game.

BlackNGold203 09-03-2006 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 (Post 144284)
Ward and Wilson.

Washington, who proved to me last season that he's capable of playing at the NFL level.

Reid and Holmes who I feel will only get better and better as the season progresses.

We can also throw in Mr. Miller if we want and while we are it, Haynes on a screen pass.

I'm not concerned with our passing game.

OMG...83!!!!!

Are you saying we can win without jacobs, kuhn, and morgan??????

Are you saying we can win with Duce Staley on the team????

HAVE YOU GONE MAD???????????????????

:cool: :cool: