Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Why did we release Quincy ? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=10131)

bozz723 09-03-2006 08:57 AM

Why did we release Quincy ?

Am I the only guy that thinks Quincy Morgan needs to be on this team ? He's fast, big, experienced and can make plays. Every one of our receivers is below 6'0 and we could use a target like him.

Honestly quincy was a great fit for our offense, and it needed a receiver like quincy. Now we have two small receivers, Holmes, and Reid that are inexperienced and are probably slot guys.

I'm extremely dissapointedthat he got cut.

BlackNGold203 09-03-2006 09:02 AM

Re: Why did we release Quincy ?

"Why did we release Quincy ? "

Because our front office didnt think he was better than the WR we kept...:cool: :cool:

billcowherschin 09-03-2006 09:40 AM

I dont have any problems with Quincy getting cut, dont forget about Nate Washington, look for him to have a blow up year

83-Steelers-43 09-03-2006 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billcowherschin (Post 144306)
I dont have any problems with Quincy getting cut, dont forget about Nate Washington, look for him to have a blow up year

The voice of reason and the reassurance that there is a God.

Atlanta Dan 09-03-2006 09:45 AM

It was a numbers game - Steelers were locked into keeping both WR draft picks and Nate Washington has more upside.

BlackNGold203 09-03-2006 09:52 AM

Because our front office didnt think he was better than the WR we kept...

(Mods..this is NOT a double post..i just didnt think anyone heard me the 1st time...ohh...wait...I'm a mod....:dang: :dang: )

HometownGal 09-03-2006 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bozz723 (Post 144285)
Am I the only guy that thinks Quincy Morgan needs to be on this team ? He's fast, big, experienced and can make plays. Every one of our receivers is below 6'0 and we could use a target like him.

Honestly quincy was a great fit for our offense, and it needed a receiver like quincy. Now we have two small receivers, Holmes, and Reid that are inexperienced and are probably slot guys.

I'm extremely dissapointedthat he got cut.

While I'm not thrilled about it either as I think Q has talent and potential, he obviously didn't fit into the Steelers' plans this season and thems just the breaks. Trust in The Chin. :smile:

SteelShooter 09-03-2006 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 (Post 144307)
The voice of reason and the reassurance that there is a God.

Hear - Hear!

LambertIsGod58 09-03-2006 10:02 AM

No...instead we kept Duce as a bench ornament....Maybe they should have Duce advertise on his back....at least he'd be earning money.

SteelShooter 09-03-2006 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackNGold203 (Post 144313)

Because our front office didnt think he was better than the WR we kept...

(Mods..this is NOT a double post..i just didnt think anyone heard me the 1st time...ohh...wait...I'm a mod....:dang: :dang: )

LoL!!!!!!!!!!!!!