Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Steelers Front Office (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=10148)

Black@Gold Forever32 09-03-2006 03:58 PM

Steelers Front Office
 
I just wanted to say I'm very pleased with the Steeler's front office. With coming off a Super Bowl win its a great time for Steelers fan all across the Steelers Nation. With the Rooney's resigning Ike Taylor and the F.O. making a trade for P. Cobbs. I must say I'm very pleased with the Steeler's top brass.

The Ike Taylor signing is huge. Did we really want to risk lossing Ike and entering next year with just Townsend, McFadden and Colclouch back there.

I must say I like the Cobbs trade. Sure he is a undrafted free agent and his pre-season success doesn't mean jack. But with Duce looking old and slow. We needed another RB. True Cobbs isn't the power back we all like and we did cut two big backs. But again I will say we won't it all with a undrafted speed back starting last year. Cobbs is a undrafted speed back. Willie is our starter but I'm telling I think Cobbs will make some plays this year and fill a role.

Steelknife 09-03-2006 04:00 PM

Re: Steelers Front Office
 
Cobbs runs very powerfully. Size isn't everything. Look at that dude from WashU...he played yesterday...Demaundray Woolridge.


THAT kid runs hard. When I was watching the Auburn game, I thought he was at least 240-250. Turns out hes just 210.

83-Steelers-43 09-03-2006 04:03 PM

Re: Steelers Front Office
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32 (Post 144554)
I just wanted to say I'm very pleased with the Steeler's front office. With coming off a Super Bowl win its a great time for Steelers fan all across the Steelers Nation. With the Rooney's resigning Ike Taylor and the F.O. making a trade for P. Cobbs. I must say I'm very pleased with the Steeler's top brass.

The Ike Taylor signing is huge. Did we really want to risk lossing Ike and entering next year with just Townsend, McFadden and Colclouch back there.

I must say I like the Cobbs trade. Sure he is a undrafted free agent and his pre-season success doesn't mean jack. But with Duce looking old and slow. We needed another RB. True Cobbs isn't the power back we all like and we did cut two big backs. But again I will say we won't it all with a undrafted speed back starting last year. Cobbs is a undrafted speed back. Willie is our starter but I'm telling I think Cobbs will make some plays this year and fill a role.

Left out the Parker extension also. :smile:

This is why I let the FO do their thing, try not to jump to conclusion, sit back and watch it all pan out. Great post by the way.

Black@Gold Forever32 09-03-2006 04:04 PM

Re: Steelers Front Office
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 (Post 144558)
Left out the Parker extension also. :smile:

This is why I let the FO do their thing, try not to jump to conclusion, sit back and watch it all pan out. Great post by the way.

:dang: How did I forget about the Willie Parker extension.:dang:

A totally bonehead move on my part. But your right another great move by our front office.

19ward86 09-03-2006 04:41 PM

Re: Steelers Front Office
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steelknife (Post 144557)
Cobbs runs very powerfully. Size isn't everything. Look at that dude from WashU...he played yesterday...Demaundray Woolridge.


THAT kid runs hard. When I was watching the Auburn game, I thought he was at least 240-250. Turns out hes just 210.

he might be the next emmit smith!

HometownGal 09-03-2006 05:54 PM

Re: Steelers Front Office
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32 (Post 144554)
I just wanted to say I'm very pleased with the Steeler's front office. With coming off a Super Bowl win its a great time for Steelers fan all across the Steelers Nation. With the Rooney's resigning Ike Taylor and the F.O. making a trade for P. Cobbs. I must say I'm very pleased with the Steeler's top brass.

The Ike Taylor signing is huge. Did we really want to risk lossing Ike and entering next year with just Townsend, McFadden and Colclouch back there.

I must say I like the Cobbs trade. Sure he is a undrafted free agent and his pre-season success doesn't mean jack. But with Duce looking old and slow. We needed another RB. True Cobbs isn't the power back we all like and we did cut two big backs. But again I will say we won't it all with a undrafted speed back starting last year. Cobbs is a undrafted speed back. Willie is our starter but I'm telling I think Cobbs will make some plays this year and fill a role.

Great post D! :cool: It is great to see our FO step up to the task and do what needed to be done before the season starts in order to keep the focus on the games, not on the checks and balances. :smile:

Prosdo 09-03-2006 05:56 PM

Re: Steelers Front Office
 
There is one thing I never doubt and that's the Steelers FO. They make good moves and play smart.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum