Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Locker Room (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Vis and That (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=101621)

caplovestroyp43 12-02-2013 10:42 AM

Vis and That

Hi, on another thread it was mentioned Vis was banned and never came back. I wanted to say something about that.

I was banned too for seven very long days. It really does have an affect on a person which that is the key I suppose.

I had really mixed emotions about it. I was sad, shocked, missed coming here terribly, maybe a little tiny bit angry but not much all rolled up in one.

I know how Vis feels/felt about it. I can identify with why he may not want to post here. But I still do. I know some days I'm as popular as the measles with my brash opinions on certain subjects but if you have noticed, I've kinda been laying low since I was banned.

Perhaps during that time I was also humbled too which might not be a bad thing in the long run.

Just wanted to share my feelings in a respectful way. It might have had a bigger affect on him, who knows. There are some days when I can honestly say I miss his posts. But I do not miss the flame wars at all. Maybe someday he'll come back. We'll just have to wait and see.

Respectfully,

Cap

cubanstogie 12-02-2013 10:46 AM

Re: Vis and That

Quote:

Originally Posted by caplovestroyp43 (Post 1223653)
Hi, on another thread it was mentioned Vis was banned and never came back. I wanted to say something about that.

I was banned too for seven very long days. It really does have an affect on a person which that is the key I suppose.

I had really mixed emotions about it. I was sad, shocked, missed coming here terribly, maybe a little tiny bit angry but not much all rolled up in one.

I know how Vis feels/felt about it. I can identify with why he may not want to post here. But I still do. I know some days I'm as popular as the measles with my brash opinions on certain subjects but if you have noticed, I've kinda been laying low since I was banned.

Perhaps during that time I was also humbled too which might not be a bad thing in the long run.

Just wanted to share my feelings in a respectful way. It might have had a bigger affect on him, who knows. There are some days when I can honestly say I miss his posts. But I do not miss the flame wars at all. Maybe someday he'll come back. We'll just have to wait and see.

Respectfully,

Cap

I am sure he can find a DOMA or ACLU forum to post on. :rofl:

Bayz101 12-02-2013 11:06 AM

He got banned (rightfully) for troll baiting for a short while and never returned. Everyone makes mistakes, and most people learn from them and try to improve themselves. I think Vis went off to a Steelers forum with a lightly moderated political forum so he could "be himself". We can't and won't tolerate childish flaming and baiting. It's a shame, too. I really enjoyed his posts.

MACH1 12-02-2013 11:40 AM

His ban was for a total of 3 whole days. He was warned/infracted numerous times beforehand and didn't learn. Maybe he'll come back when the butt hurt wears off.

cubanstogie 12-02-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MACH1 (Post 1223677)
His ban was for a total of 3 whole days. He was warned/infracted numerous times beforehand and didn't learn. Maybe he'll come back when the butt hurt wears off.

hopefully he won't come back until after xmas. I really don't won't to read any secular bullshit he would spew about manger scenes and xmas signs in cities or communities being unlawful but fine for gays to get married in the same spots. :blah:

JonM229 12-02-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cubanstogie (Post 1223680)
hopefully he won't come back until after xmas. I really don't won't to read any secular bullshit he would spew about manger scenes and xmas signs in cities or communities being unlawful but fine for gays to get married in the same spots. :blah:

One of these is not like the other

The_Joker 12-02-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM229 (Post 1223682)
One of these is not like the other

One of these things just doesn't belong.

BritishSteel 12-03-2013 04:34 PM

One of these things is doing its own thing.

Buddha Bus 12-03-2013 04:43 PM

One of these things is about human rights, the other about separation of church and state.

cubanstogie 12-03-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buddha Bus (Post 1224424)
One of these things is about human rights, the other about separation of church and state.

actually they are both about live and let live. But to secularists and loons seem to always try and ruin xmas for others. I could care less if someone is gay, doesn't have impact on me. It seems some want their cake and eat it too though.