Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   My Week 16 picks (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=101818)

The_Joker 12-17-2013 08:26 AM

My Week 16 picks

Dolphins @ Bills: The Bills certainly can play spoiler, but I think the Phins are too elated after that win over New England to falter now. Dolphins by 10.

Browns @ Jets: One team has a sucky QB with potential, the other just has a sucky QB. Jets by 14.

Saints @ Panthers: The Saints are rather mediocre on the road, so I just have the feeling Carolina all but swipes the South from under their noses here. Panthers by 7.

Vikings @ Bengals: Is there really much to be said here? Bengals by 16.

Cowboys @ Redskins: The Redskins might blow, but they'd like nothing more than to drag the Boys down with them. 'Skins by 3.

Broncos @ Texans: Did the Texans forget how to football? Broncos by 23.

Colts @ Chiefs: The Colts are the worst division winning team since the 2011 Seahawks. Chiefs by 12.

Titans @ Jaguars: I honestly think the Jags can compete next year. I'm serious. Jags by 6.

Buccaneers @ Rams: Oh look, two medicore teams that haven't improved in years! Rams by 10.

Giants @ Lions: Eli Manning is doing his best Mark Sanchez impression this season. Lions by 14.

Cardinals @ Seahawks: Let's be real here: can anyone beat Seattle in Seattle? Seahawks by 14.

Patriots @ Ravens: I predicted the Ravens to lose 2/3 down the stretch, and I'm sticking by it. Patriots make a statement with a 7 point win.

Steelers @ Packers: I've marked this as a loss since August. Packers by 10.

*Sigh*

Is it April yet?

Raiders @ Chargers: The Chargers stay alive by flaying a crappy team. Bolts by 20.

Bears @ Eagles: Flip a coin to predict the winner. That's how close this one is. Eagles by 1.

Falcons @ 49ers: Niners by 17. Nothing else to say, really :I

NSMaster56 12-17-2013 06:27 PM

Re: My Week 16 picks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quackjack (Post 1234709)
Vikings @ Bengals: Is there really much to be said here? Bengals by 16.

AP and Gerhart may be back. Cassel has somehow revitalized the Vikes.

If the Ravens win, this W is meaningless for the Bengals because if BAL wins out they win the division.

So while the Bengals are practically invincible at home (or at least a really tough nut to crack), this game might not matter and they would be wise not to kill themselves for the W.

Quote:

Cowboys @ Redskins: The Redskins might blow, but they'd like nothing more than to drag the Boys down with them. 'Skins by 3.

This game will be interesting because Kirk Cousins and co. turned the ball over SEVEN times vs. ATL and still nearly nabbed a W. With Big D's secondary as woeful as ATL's, who's to say that this won't be a shootout?

Plus, it's likely that the weather will be cold in DC... who trusts Romo in bad conditions?

A Week 17 SNF showdown for the NFC East seems inevitable (with a subsequent vintage Cowboys choke job as Al and Cris mug it up for the second half).

Still, it wouldn't be that shocking if DC put Dallas out of their misery a week earlier (provided the Eagles win).

Quote:

Steelers @ Packers: I've marked this as a loss since August. Packers by 10.

Does your pick change if Rodgers isn't the QB?

Quote:

Bears @ Eagles: Flip a coin to predict the winner. That's how close this one is. Eagles by 1.

Interesting fact about this game: If Dallas wins earlier in the day, this game means NOTHING to the Eagles. Zero. Zilch. Nada. Bubkes.

So that 'razor thin' margin of prediction flips if/when Dallas loses. Dallas L = Eagles can no-show this game.

Way to flex, NBC.

JonM229 12-17-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Patriots @ Ravens: I predicted the Ravens to lose 2/3 down the stretch, and I'm sticking by it. Patriots make a statement with a 7 point win.

You forgot the fact that the Ravens can't lose right now, it's already been decided.

RavenManiac 12-17-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NSMaster56 (Post 1234904)

If the Ravens win, this W is meaningless for the Bengals because if BAL wins out they win the division.

So while the Bengals are practically invincible at home (or at least a really tough nut to crack), this game might not matter and they would be wise not to kill themselves for the W.

But the Bengals play at 1 pm and the Ravens game isn't until 4:25 pm. And if the Bengals lose, then a Ravens loss to NE (very possible) still leaves the Bengals exposed to missing the playoffs with a Week 17 loss.

The Bengals will be playing their ass off for the win, and hoping the Ravens lose later that day. If both happen then the Bengals clinch the division on Sunday and don't have to worry about week 17's matchup (except in terms of trying to keep the 3rd seed vs. slide to the 4th seed).

The_Joker 12-17-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NSMaster56 (Post 1234904)

Incorrect. This game is at 1, while the Rats play at 4:30. Why waste this rather easy game if there's a high chance of the Pats doing the Bengals dirty work for them?

Quote:

This game will be interesting because Kirk Cousins and co. turned the ball over SEVEN times vs. ATL and still nearly nabbed a W. With Big D's secondary as woeful as ATL's, who's to say that this won't be a shootout?

Plus, it's likely that the weather will be cold in DC... who trusts Romo in bad conditions?

A Week 17 SNF showdown for the NFC East seems inevitable (with a subsequent vintage Cowboys choke job as Al and Cris mug it up for the second half).

Still, it wouldn't be that shocking if DC put Dallas out of their misery a week earlier (provided the Eagles win).
Believe me, it's pretty fucking cold up here.

I'd sure love to see it. It'd help my dad with their shitty season as well. Go Skins :P

Quote:

Does your pick change if Rodgers isn't the QB?
Pft, I don't change picks. I assume he will be and I'll stick by my pick. If I'm wrong, hey I'll be happy to get sweet, sweet vengeance!

Quote:

Interesting fact about this game: If Dallas wins earlier in the day, this game means NOTHING to the Eagles. Zero. Zilch. Nada. Bubkes.

So that 'razor thin' margin of prediction flips if/when Dallas loses. Dallas L = Eagles can no-show this game.

Way to flex, NBC.
Incorrect.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/mach...~2~331229006~1

If Dallas loses earlier in the day, this would provide the Eagles a chance to win the division early. No way they don't play lights out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM229 (Post 1234913)
You forgot the fact that the Ravens can't lose right now, it's already been decided.

Go away.

NSMaster56 12-17-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenManiac (Post 1234931)
But the Bengals play at 1 pm and the Ravens game isn't until 4:25 pm. And if the Bengals lose, then a Ravens loss to NE (very possible) still leaves the Bengals exposed to missing the playoffs with a Week 17 loss.

The Bengals will be playing their ass off for the win, and hoping the Ravens lose later that day. If both happen then the Bengals clinch the division on Sunday and don't have to worry about week 17's matchup (except in terms of trying to keep the 3rd seed vs. slide to the 4th seed).

I didn't say that the Bengals would know the Ravens outcome, merely that if BAL wins they're locked into fighting for the division in week 17.

If Miami and Baltimore win out then the Bengals are done.

They only way their game vs. the Vikes matters is if Miami loses at least once more... and vs. the Jets and Bills, what are the odds?

NSMaster56 12-17-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quackjack (Post 1234933)
Incorrect. This game is at 1, while the Rats play at 4:30. Why waste this rather easy game if there's a high chance of the Pats doing the Bengals dirty work for them?

As I said in my previous post, the Bengals don't 'control their own destiny'.

Winning here helps them only provided they beat BAL (or BAL loses to NE). But in the larger scale it may prove meaningless if MIA and/or BAL win out.

Quote:

Incorrect.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/mach...~2~331229006~1

If Dallas loses earlier in the day, this would provide the Eagles a chance to win the division early. No way they don't play lights out.

Ack!

You are right.

I don't know how/why, but I miscalculated Ws there. I should have checked my work. :chuckle: :wink02:

JonM229 12-17-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Go away.

It's my hot body, I do what I want

The_Joker 12-17-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NSMaster56 (Post 1234941)
As I said in my previous post, the Bengals don't 'control their own destiny'.

Winning here helps them only provided they beat BAL (or BAL loses to NE). But in the larger scale it may prove meaningless if MIA and/or BAL win out.:

Yes, they do. If the Bengals win this game, they sit at 10 wins. If Baltimore loses later in the day, they remain at 8 wins. The Bengals clinch the division in this scenario. So yes, the Bengals will be playing to win.

NyGiantz 12-17-2013 09:19 PM

Browns @ Jets: Browns 20-17, Jets suck

Saints @ Panthers: Panthers 25-22

Vikings @ Bengals: Bengals 30-28

Cowboys @ Redskins: Redskins 41-34

Broncos @ Texans: Broncos 45-27

Colts @ Chiefs: Chiefs 23-16

Titans @ Jaguars: Jags 29-27

Buccaneers @ Rams: Bucs 17-10

Giants @ Lions: I refuse to pick this game

Cardinals @ Seahawks: Seahawks 31-28