Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   PREDICTION: The Super Bowl XLVIII champions will be... (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=101835)

Gnutella 12-18-2013 12:14 PM

PREDICTION: The Super Bowl XLVIII champions will be...

...the Carolina Panthers.

Discuss.

Fire Arians 12-18-2013 12:22 PM

Re: PREDICTION: The Super Bowl XLVIII champions will be...

Seahawks. 1st seed and nobody's gonna beat them at home.

No AFC team really impresses me. Choke artist manning or Patriots* without their best weapons are the frontrunners, but neither seem dominant. Chiefs have a good defense, but in the past 2 decades, the 'defense wins championships' thing no longer applies. In fact the only teams I've seen that won off defense alone were the 2000 ravens and 2002 bucs. Offense / elite qb play wins championships now, and that's what the chiefs lack.

I could see a case for carolina though, they also are very tough and if any team can go to seattle and leave with a W, they have the best chance.

harrison'samonster 12-18-2013 12:34 PM

Seattle is the frontrunner, but I think it's wide open on who wins the SB this year. There are a few teams that are going to get in that I would be shocked to see win. The Pats come to mind, and at this point I don't know if Cincy is going to make it. Those two teams look incredibly weak right now.

Atlanta Dan 12-18-2013 01:03 PM

Seahawks should win the NFC and Denver should win the AFC, which means at least one of them should not.

I think the 49ers will win because they hate the Seahawks enough to do whatever it takes to knock out Russell Wilson if they play again

sw04ca 12-18-2013 01:49 PM

Probably Baltimore. Until the Steelers rise up to stop them, they'll just run roughshod over the league. :P

The_Joker 12-18-2013 01:52 PM

The Patriots. Yeah, I said it. Sue me.

GodfatherofSoul 12-18-2013 02:43 PM

Seattle is going to be tough to beat and I'm not sure Cam has the ability to turn on the offense when he'll need to in the playoffs.

Chiefs just seem...off. Like there's something major wrong with them that I can't see that'll get exposed in the playoffs. Pats are a wash without Pushoff Gronkowski. Bengals and Ravens won't be able to string enough playoff luck-up wins together to make it. So, probably Denver by default unless the Chiefs pull a rabbit out of the hats.

vasteeler 12-18-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quackjack (Post 1235505)
The Patriots. Yeah, I said it. Sue me.

:banging::mad::banging:

JonM229 12-18-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Arians (Post 1235468)
elite qb play wins championships now

You just called Joe Flacco elite

Atlanta Dan 12-18-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM229 (Post 1235575)
You just called Joe Flacco elite

Elite QBs aren't always elite - they are just elite when they have to be

It pains me to say this, but UniBrow had the statistically best postseason for a QB since Montana in the playoffs last season