Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Lost My Stripes (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=101996)

Steeler606 01-01-2014 01:11 PM

Lost My Stripes

Greetings all!

I have lost my Stripes for the New Years. Yup, that's right, a former Bengals fan here. I have officially made the switch to the Steelers for the New Years and will be following them going forward.

I began following Cincy in 2007, which is when I first began watching NFL at 17 years old. The main reason I followed them is because they where the team my brother-in-law followed and of course I wanted to "fit in", and they where always the team that we got locally on TV.

The reason I made the switch is because I hate the state of Ohio and can't root for a team there any longer, especially now that I will have access to a lot of other games from here on out. I absolutely hate Ohio, and unsure of how I stomached supporting a Ohio team for the last 7 years. The main reason behind why I chose Pittsburgh(and the State of PA for the most part) is partially due to the Appalachian mountains. I grew up in Eastern Kentucky and love those Mountains. I'm also a huge history buff, so me and the state of PA fit like a glove. Not to mention Mike Brown is the guy behind the Steelers, so that makes the switch easy for me.

Happy New Years everybody! Now that I've got that out of the way, I look forward to posting and shooting the chit with everyone here. I'm Bungalized no more! GO CHARGERS! :tt04:

Lady Steel 01-01-2014 01:51 PM

Re: Lost My Stripes

I think this is a first. The Bengals go to the playoffs and one of their fans jumps OFF the bandwagon. :laughing:

Happy New Year, and welcome to Steelers Fever! :tt:

harrison'samonster 01-01-2014 02:01 PM

welcome to the board! You might be in for a rough year or two as a Steelers fan, but they're turning it around.

Stu Pidasso 01-01-2014 02:16 PM

Wait, we're just going to LET him in?

What happened to the hazing? The Buddha "poop toss" initiation? The "7 minutes in Heaven" with Jon in the closet?

Buncha pussies.

Steeler606 01-01-2014 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Steel (Post 1246033)
I think this is a first. The Bengals go to the playoffs and one of their fans jumps OFF the bandwagon. :laughing:

Happy New Year, and welcome to Steelers Fever! :tt:

Crazy how things work out, huh? :rofl: I think its for the better, though.

Thanks for the welcome

Steeler606 01-01-2014 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harrison'samonster (Post 1246038)
welcome to the board! You might be in for a rough year or two as a Steelers fan, but they're turning it around.

No doubt about that. On the other side, jumping aboard now saves me from the "Bandwagon" fan comments from my peers. :tt02:

Steeler606 01-01-2014 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu Pidasso (Post 1246041)
Wait, we're just going to LET him in?

What happened to the hazing? The Buddha "poop toss" initiation? The "7 minutes in Heaven" with Jon in the closet?

Buncha pussies.

Haven't I suffered enough over the years? :chuckle:

I definitely deserve some sort of shaming for wasting the last 7 years of my life pulling for an Ohio team. Feels good to finally see the light. :D

harrison'samonster 01-01-2014 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeler606 (Post 1246045)
No doubt about that. On the other side, jumping aboard now saves me from the "Bandwagon" fan comments from my peers. :tt02:

:rofl: Good thinking about the future.

Now time for the hazing. 6 years of being a Bengals fan was your first trial. I think you'll be able to handle just about anything else. :chuckle:

Steeler606 01-01-2014 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harrison'samonster (Post 1246048)
:rofl: Good thinking about the future.

Now time for the hazing. 6 years of being a Bengals fan was your first trial. I think you'll be able to handle just about anything else. :chuckle:

It'll be tough finding something rougher than that! :thumbsup: Still not sure how I managed to pull it off as long as I did haha.

Galax Steeler 01-01-2014 02:35 PM

I think you have come to the right board if you have any questions feel free to ask.:thumbsup: