Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Steelers hard knocks???? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=102184)

WokeUpWithaWoodley 01-20-2014 05:52 PM

Steelers hard knocks????

Steelers along with 7 other teams can be considerd for hard knocks this year.

Who wants to see it and who doesn't?

My take is I don't want them to be on it because I think it could be a distraction

However

I would love and be glued to the tv watching how the steelers organization is behide the scenes

SteelersCanada 01-20-2014 06:01 PM

Re: Steelers hard knocks????

It's really hard to rule it out. Earlier this season, the NFL passed a rule that gave them the power to dictate which teams do Hard Knocks. As I've said before, there's nothing like filming a storied, historic franchise in the midst of a transition. IIRC, the viewership for the Bengals Hard Knocks this past off season was pretty low because it's the Bengals - who cares. That being said, I think they might want to milk this thing if they put a team like Pittsburgh who had won and been to a championship recently.

SteelersCanada 01-20-2014 06:11 PM

The NFL Can Force These Eight Teams To Appear On Hard Knocks

BARRY PETCHESKY

After the NFL and HBO had a devil of a time finding a team to agree to be on Hard Knocks, owners passed a new rule. Now the league can force a team to admit HBO cameras into their training camp unless that team a)has a new head coach, b)made the playoffs in one of the previous two seasons, or c)already appeared on the show in the last 10 years.

Well into the playoffs, and with all the coach firings completed, we can now figure out which teams are exempt from appearing on next year's edition. Thankfully we don't have to! Reader Ryan did the dirty work.

The NFL can force these teams to appear on Hard Knocks in 2014:

Bears
Bills
Cardinals
Giants
Jaguars
Raiders
Rams
Steelers

http://deadspin.com/the-nfl-can-forc...d-k-1505269830

harrison'samonster 01-20-2014 06:59 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing it happen, it would give us a lot more news about the Steelers. If we do end up being the team, we'll have to re-sign Harrison just to see him get pissed off some more :chuckle:

steelerchad 01-20-2014 07:29 PM

If the NFL and HBO want a ratings boost, it will be the Steelers, Bears, or Giants.

Terminator 01-20-2014 07:31 PM

I hope the Steelers are on it. I would love to see my favorite team "behind the scenes" in terms of practices, personal, team matter, etc.

I very much enjoyed the Dolphins and Bengals episodes.

CanSteel7 01-20-2014 08:46 PM

I would love to see the Steelers but again, this is another case of Goodell doing anything he can in his dictatorial style to try & make as much money as possible. Why are teams FORCED to be on this when they don't want to? Answer, because it makes money for the owners. The Steelers do not want to be on Hard Knocks so why do they have to be? Because Goodell says so, that's why!

This is what kills me. Instead of Goodell worrying about cleaning up important things (officials blowing HUGE calls in important playoff games, which happened again yesterday), he's worried about how to make more money for the owners who are already billionaires. Instead of worrying about how HIS HIRED officials blew at least TWO MAJOR calls against SF in yesterday's game, which, if called correctly could have ended up making SF the winner of that game, he's forcing teams to do something that they don't really want to do, again, for the $$$$$$. And of course nobody wants to say anything because who's going to challenge him and live to get away with it??!! Absolutely priceless!!!!

tony hipchest 01-20-2014 09:56 PM

It will be the cardinals

GodfatherofSoul 01-20-2014 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanSteel7 (Post 1256471)
I would love to see the Steelers but again, this is another case of Goodell doing anything he can in his dictatorial style to try & make as much money as possible. Why are teams FORCED to be on this when they don't want to? Answer, because it makes money for the owners. The Steelers do not want to be on Hard Knocks so why do they have to be? Because Goodell says so, that's why!

This is what kills me. Instead of Goodell worrying about cleaning up important things (officials blowing HUGE calls in important playoff games, which happened again yesterday), he's worried about how to make more money for the owners who are already billionaires. Instead of worrying about how HIS HIRED officials blew at least TWO MAJOR calls against SF in yesterday's game, which, if called correctly could have ended up making SF the winner of that game, he's forcing teams to do something that they don't really want to do, again, for the $$$$$$. And of course nobody wants to say anything because who's going to challenge him and live to get away with it??!! Absolutely priceless!!!!

Well, one call didn't end up mattering (SF came out in better shape).

GodfatherofSoul 01-20-2014 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelerchad (Post 1256450)
If the NFL and HBO want a ratings boost, it will be the Steelers, Bears, or Giants.

I'd be wary about watching. I fear knowing how the sausage is made.