Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Wes Welker fires 1st shot (at Richard Sherman) (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=102262)

tony hipchest 01-28-2014 04:39 PM

Wes Welker fires 1st shot (at Richard Sherman)
 
Says Sherman needs to shut the fuck up and stick to the field instead of doing so many damn interviews.

Says he'd love to have sherman cover him in the slot, saying he'd take on anybody in the slot 1-on-1 all day every day.

is Sherman going to take that disrespect and smack talk from that little white Smurf?

Atlanta Dan 01-28-2014 04:45 PM

Re: Wes Welker fires 1st shot (at Richard Sherman)
 
As I recall Welker also took some shots at Rex Ryan before the AFC championship game when the Pats gagged at home to the Jets - if Welker thinks he is going to get in Sherman's head guess again

A better use of Welker's time would be telling his wife not to get stupid on Twitter after Welker's team loses again :chuckle:

mikegrimey 01-28-2014 04:48 PM

Re: Wes Welker fires 1st shot (at Richard Sherman)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan (Post 1260245)
As I recall Welker also took some shots at Rex Ryan before the AFC championship game when the Pats gagged at home to the Jets - if Welker thinks he is going to get in Sherman's head guess again

A better use of Welker's time would be telling his wife not to get stupid on Twitter after Welker's team loses again :chuckle:

He made a string of foot related puns and got benched for the first quarter right? I recall that had a lot to do with souring his status with Belichik and is probably a big reason why he had an issue with NEs extremely controlling nature of what can and can't be said. He's definitely not going to psych Sherman out, he probably gets off to those kind of challenges.

teegre 01-28-2014 04:56 PM

Re: Wes Welker fires 1st shot (at Richard Sherman)
 
Brilliant.

Denver WANTS Seattle's All-Pro CB covering their slot guy. This frees up their big, tall WRs to be covered, on the outside, by Seattle's 2nd & 3rd CBs.

Worst case: Sherman absolutely smothers Welker... and Demaryius Thomas & Eric Dekker each have 100-yard games.

If Seattle is smart, they don't let Sherman cover Welker. (Swallow your pride, Sherman.)

Atlanta Dan 01-28-2014 04:58 PM

Re: Wes Welker fires 1st shot (at Richard Sherman)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikegrimey (Post 1260246)
He made a string of foot related puns and got benched for the first quarter right? I recall that had a lot to do with souring his status with Belichik and is probably a big reason why he had an issue with NEs extremely controlling nature of what can and can't be said. He's definitely not going to psych Sherman out, he probably gets off to those kind of challenges.

Welker was benched for the first series of that AFC championship for the feet references

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...an-foot-jokes/

tony hipchest 01-28-2014 05:03 PM

Re: Wes Welker fires 1st shot (at Richard Sherman)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by teegre (Post 1260250)
Brilliant.

Denver WANTS Seattle's All-Pro CB covering their slot guy. This frees up their big, tall WRs to be covered, on the outside, by Seattle's 2nd & 3rd CBs.

Worst case: Sherman absolutely smothers Welker... and Demaryius Thomas & Eric Dekker each have 100-yard games.

If Seattle is smart, they don't let Sherman cover Welker. (Swallow your pride, Sherman.)

what Welker says will not alter Seattle's game plan in any way.

Fire Arians 01-28-2014 05:05 PM

Re: Wes Welker fires 1st shot (at Richard Sherman)
 
why cover welker he's just gonna drop the ball anyway

then peyton manning's wife is gonna diss him, then he'll go and play for the ravens next year

harrison'samonster 01-28-2014 05:51 PM

Re: Wes Welker fires 1st shot (at Richard Sherman)
 
when is this thug's reign of terror going to end? Taking players out on the field, now running his mouth off the field.

tony hipchest 01-28-2014 05:55 PM

Re: Wes Welker fires 1st shot (at Richard Sherman)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by harrison'samonster (Post 1260279)
when is this thug's reign of terror going to end? Taking players out on the field, now running his mouth off the field.

:sofunny:

NSMaster56 01-28-2014 06:24 PM

Re: Wes Welker fires 1st shot (at Richard Sherman)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by teegre (Post 1260250)
Brilliant.

Denver WANTS Seattle's All-Pro CB covering their slot guy. This frees up their big, tall WRs to be covered, on the outside, by Seattle's 2nd & 3rd CBs.

Worst case: Sherman absolutely smothers Welker... and Demaryius Thomas & Eric Dekker each have 100-yard games.

If Seattle is smart, they don't let Sherman cover Welker. (Swallow your pride, Sherman.)

Sherman usually covers one side (the right) of the field.

Alternatively he'll cover the #1 receiver all game.

No way he'll 'go rogue' and cover the slot or that Pete Carroll/Dan Quinn would consider it a viable scheme/option.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum