Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Locker Room (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   HBO's True Detective (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=102289)

tony hipchest 01-31-2014 10:46 AM

HBO's True Detective

has anyone been watching this?

I never start following a new television series in its first year, because they either suck and dont grab my attention, or i really like them and they get cancelled (ive only seen the last 2 seasons of Sons of Anarchy which quickly became my favorite).

However, a few weekends ago i watched most of the People vs, Larry Flynt and A time to Kill, and then the very beginning of Ed TV (a movie i still havent seen).

I was pretty convinced there was no way woody harrelson and mathew mcconauhey would fail to deliver.

2 weeks i caught the first 2 episodes. it plays like a movie, and the "movie" seemed over in 30 minutes leaving me wanting more.

forget about the great script and storyline. the acting and character development is superb and these 2 are at their best. the way the story is told is brilliantly done.

the series will only be 8 episodes (8 hrs) long and then next season begin again with a new story line and cast of characters.

if you dont have HBO, i would say its probably even better to sit down on a weekend and watch the thing in its entirety, like a movie once the series ends. :thumbsup:

MasterOfPuppets 01-31-2014 03:55 PM

Re: HBO's True Detective

yep, i've been watching. :thumbsup:
who needs HBO ? :noidea:
http://www.watchseries-online.eu/?s=...ective&search=

JonM229 01-31-2014 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets (Post 1261234)
who needs HBO ? :noidea:

I use my dad's HBO Go login for my Xbox

MasterOfPuppets 01-31-2014 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM229 (Post 1261238)

huh? :huh:

JonM229 01-31-2014 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets (Post 1261245)
huh? :huh:

It's an online on-demand service for HBO. You need an actual subscription to HBO to get a login. I only have internet service at my house and HBO Go is downloadable on the 360, so I can watch every show HBO has ever made as well as a selection of movies.

MasterOfPuppets 01-31-2014 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM229 (Post 1261257)
It's an online on-demand service for HBO. You need an actual subscription to HBO to get a login. I only have internet service at my house and HBO Go is downloadable on the 360, so I can watch every show HBO has ever made as well as a selection of movies.

oh ok...i thought you were telling me to go login to your xbox...:bonk:

Bayz101 01-31-2014 05:32 PM

I have HBO Go, but I haven't seen the series yet. I'll have to check it out.

SteelCityMom 02-06-2014 03:30 PM

Just saw the first 3 episodes on your recommendation Tony, and it's just incredible! It's quickly become a favorite of mine. And I love that they'll be doing the seasons in anthologies. Excellent acting, writing, directing, setting, everything.

Definitely a must for anyone who is into crime dramas.

And if you're like me, and I know I am, this is a great show to get stoned to and ponder the meaning of life and death. Matthew McConaughey delivers a ton of 'whoa man' moments. :chuckle:

fer522 02-06-2014 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM229 (Post 1261238)

So.... What's the password?

JonM229 02-06-2014 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fer522 (Post 1263306)
So.... What's the password?

It'll cost you