Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Miles Austin as a Steeler? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=102370)

The Steel City Captain 02-11-2014 08:04 AM

Miles Austin as a Steeler?

Thoughts if the Cowboys let him walk? I always liked him. He was a big wideout with good hands. He would be a great #2 or #3 if and when the Steelers let Sanders go. Will he be too expensive? Too injury prone?

To me, I honestly don't know what to think. I can't help but want to see Pittsburgh's 5 WR's next year be AB, Cotchery, Wheaton, Moye and Justin Brown. But I don't think a guy like Austin could hurt.

Blacksburg Zach 02-11-2014 09:07 AM

Re: Miles Austin as a Steeler?

Given his injury history and likely high price tag, I don't think it's worth it to bring him here. Oh, and Austin's hamstrings just exploded again as I typed this post.

SteelReserve916 02-11-2014 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blacksburg Zach (Post 1264593)
Austin's hamstrings just exploded again as I typed this post. Given his injury history and likely high price tag, I don't think it's worth it to bring him here.

It would be funnier, if wasn't true. LOL

HeinzMustard 02-11-2014 10:20 AM

I'd rather the Steelers keep Cotchery for two more years. Cotchery > Austin. Steelers are OK at WR.

pete74 02-11-2014 10:48 AM

No way. He had a good year then disappeared. He is always injured and even when healthy he hasn't looked to good even with opposing defenses trying to shut down Bryant

SteelReserve916 02-11-2014 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pete74 (Post 1264627)
No way. He had a good year then disappeared. He is always injured and even when healthy he hasn't looked to good even with opposing defenses trying to shut down Bryant

Excellent point. Even with all the attention Bryant gets from opposing defenses, Austin has been able to do very little. Add that to his inability to stay healthy and that equates to a risk not worth taking.

El-Gonzo Jackson 02-11-2014 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeinzMustard (Post 1264617)
I'd rather the Steelers keep Cotchery for two more years. Cotchery > Austin. Steelers are OK at WR.

I agree. I honestly think that the Steelers would be fine if they went into the season with A.B. , Wheaton, Cotchery, Moye and Justin Brown. By all reports Moye and Brown are making progress.

I look for the Steelers to try and add a young TE in rounds 4-6 to give Ben another option for Miller. Jordan Najivar from Baylor could be a guy like that.

VaDave 02-11-2014 12:59 PM

I heard Austin trains at the Lamar Woodley Institute for the Advancement of Soft Tissue Injuries ( aka how to get paid while sitting on the bench rehabbing)..... Heaven help Dywer.........

As for Austin being a Steeler.... I don't think so.

Kanata-Steeler 02-11-2014 01:35 PM

Nyeht !!!
vee neet nuu vunz, not zee "injury-ridden" old vunz.

Fook Zat Sheeet !
:)

JewniorGong 02-11-2014 02:12 PM

If he was actually on the field playing at the level he was at his peak, absolutely.

Unfortunately the odds of that happening are slim to none.. so, no way.