Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Rookie LB Wallace impressive.. (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1024)

BlitzburghRockCity 06-27-2005 04:09 PM

Rookie LB Wallace impressive..

The coaches were really impressed in minicamp with rookie LB Rian Wallace, an inside linebacker from Temple. That is good news for a position that will need some depth after the free-agent loss of ILB Kendrell Bell. Larry Foote, who started every game in 2005, has developed into a dependable player who takes good angles to the ball and has the ability to play in pass coverage. But Bell's loss created a depth problem inside, and Wallace looks as though he will be the answer. The coaches like his toughness and instincts

clevestinks 06-27-2005 07:05 PM

Re: Rookie LB Wallace impressive..

Good news, is good News. We needed some depth and this will help. I wasn`t sure that this late of pick would help, but you can never second guess the Steelers when they draft a LB.

BB2W 06-27-2005 09:33 PM

The fact he can and did play both outside and inside LB is very valuable. He played both in college and that is why we drafted him. When a team goes 15 and 1 you are looking for little in the draft......He is versitile and I bet he will make an impact on special teams.

BlitzburghRockCity 06-27-2005 11:19 PM

Yeah we love versatile players, and he definately fits the bill. Just another reason while Zo has been such a bust.. cant play inside and cant even play quality football on the outside.

Im pulling for this kid, he can learn from the best in Farrior !!

KeystoneKC 06-28-2005 02:07 PM

Stupid question from a newbie: There have been a number of threads (like this one) that appear to be quotes from another source. Yet there is no link, & the source isn't named. Is that typical here? It's kinda nice to know where this stuff comes from.

Never Mind, found it.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team?statsId=23

clevestinks 06-28-2005 02:56 PM

I know alot of stuff come from, Steelers.com, NFL.com, or PittsburghPostGazette.com.

All my stuff comes from me! LOL

BlitzburghRockCity 06-28-2005 10:33 PM

Normally if you're gonna post up an article from another source.. as long as you have the source mentioned in the article or a link..either way is fine. Sometimes people forget though.

Links are nice for longer articles since it saves people from scrolling down to get to the replies each time they check the thread.. and yes that came from fox sport.

KeystoneKC 06-29-2005 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clevestinks
Good news, is good News. We needed some depth and this will help. I wasn`t sure that this late of pick would help, but you can never second guess the Steelers when they draft a LB.

Before Wallace, the last five linebackers drafted were Nathaniel Adibi, Zo Jackson, Larry Foote, Kendrell Bell, & Roger Knight. Is there any chance you were a little overzealous in your statement?

steelparrot 06-29-2005 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeystoneKC
Before Wallace, the last five linebackers drafted were Nathaniel Adibi, Zo Jackson, Larry Foote, Kendrell Bell, & Roger Knight. Is there any chance you were a little overzealous in your statement?

So what if all of the past linebackers drafted havent worked out. How often does that happen? The steelers have had an amazing history with linebackers, and you know it.

clevestinks 06-29-2005 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeystoneKC

Not at all, these were mainly later draft picks, with the exception of Bell. Some will make it some won`t. Look at the lb we have drafted over the past 15 years, and you throw out some of these guys?