Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Locker Room (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Work issues (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=102465)

TheWarDen86 02-20-2014 12:45 PM

Work issues

Has anyone else ever found themselves in an angry volley of emails with another employee?

I found myself in a heated battle today and (stupidly) allowed it to continue longer than I should have. Was just wondering if anyone else has been there.

Not very professional. :banging:

JonM229 02-20-2014 12:49 PM

Re: Work issues

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWarDen86 (Post 1268040)
Has anyone else ever found themselves in an angry volley of emails with another employee?

I found myself in a heated battle today and (stupidly) allowed it to continue longer than I should have. Was just wondering if anyone else has been there.

The owner of my company likes to send out emails calling out individuals and sometimes even using abusive language. These are typically CC'ed to the rest of the company as well. I wonder why turnover is always so high here.

The only upside is that once he's done being angry, it's like he was never even mad in the first place.

TheWarDen86 02-20-2014 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM229 (Post 1268041)
The owner of my company likes to send out emails calling out individuals and sometimes even using abusive language. These are typically CC'ed to the rest of the company as well. I wonder why turnover is always so high here.

The only upside is that once he's done being angry, it's like he was never even mad in the first place.

Damn. Yea, we have a high turnover rate too. I liken it to a college football team.

I work in the engineering department and we're constantly being hounded by our sales department. I got into it with a sales guy (they think they're our priority. He was miffed to find out I don't feel the same).

Vis 02-20-2014 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWarDen86 (Post 1268042)
Damn. Yea, we have a high turnover rate too. I liken it to a college football team.

I work in the engineering department and we're constantly being hounded by our sales department. I got into it with a sales guy (they think they're our priority. He was miffed to find out I don't feel the same).

What the hell are you doing? How dare you get into it over electronic media! Don't you know it never can be deleted. I am very concerned about your piss poor attitude.

CC everybody

harrison'samonster 02-20-2014 02:06 PM

where I work if you have a problem with somebody you just bitch about it behind their back. The problem builds and builds until you find yourself blindfolded and holding a pugil stick listening to the chants of "fight fight fight"

teegre 02-20-2014 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWarDen86 (Post 1268040)

Yes... yes I have.

I always prefer email, because then I have a written record. I am able to keep my professionalism, while simultaneously jabbing back. At one point, I pulled out over a hundred emails, to show what I had done (to solve problem "x")... which also displayed that the person with whom I'd been arguing with was completely culpable.

The second one slanders, your "ass is grass." But, like I said, there are ways of retorting without being unprofessional... because, I never let anyone walk all over me.

It's an art. :chuckle:

TheWarDen86 02-20-2014 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teegre (Post 1268061)
Yes... yes I have.

I always prefer email, because then I have a written record. I am able to keep my professionalism, while simultaneously jabbing back. At one point, I pulled out over a hundred emails, to show what I had done (to solve problem "x")... which also displayed that the person with whom I'd been arguing with was completely culpable.

The second one slanders, your "ass is grass." But, like I said, there are ways of retorting without being unprofessional... because, I never let anyone walk all over me.

It's an art. :chuckle:

Precisely. :chuckle:

My "opponent" isn't too smart either.

Buddha Bus 02-20-2014 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWarDen86 (Post 1268063)

You work with Jon?

teegre 02-20-2014 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWarDen86 (Post 1268063)

That helps. :applaudit:

TheWarDen86 02-20-2014 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teegre (Post 1268066)
That helps. :applaudit:

He works for the VP of sales in the US. I work for the global VP of operations. Mine's bigger. :chuckle: