Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Le'Veon Bell coming to my local mall. (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=102466)

Justin Otstott 02-20-2014 01:04 PM

Le'Veon Bell coming to my local mall.

Went to my local mall today to visit Bleacher Bums for Pirates tickets, turns out Le'Veon Bell is coming Saturday!! Soooo yeah I had to get myself a ticket because personally I believe Bell is gonna have success in Pittsburgh.

http://i873.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps87935df1.jpg

In April i'll be taking the 3 hour trip to Pittsburgh for the Pirates/Cardinals game, anybody know of some great places to eat in Pittsburgh? We plan on staying overnight.

teegre 02-20-2014 01:56 PM

Re: Le'Veon Bell coming to my local mall.

That's cool.

Make sure that you spend time walking around the outside of PNC. And, go on the Heinz Field tour.

Food: go to Primanti Bros. for a sandwich.

CanSteel7 02-20-2014 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teegre (Post 1268054)
That's cool.

Make sure that you spend time walking around the outside of PNC. And, go on the Heinz Field tour.

Food: go to Primanti Bros. for a sandwich.

Personally, I think Peppis is way better than PB. I've been to both and prefer Peppis, just my opinion though.

teegre 02-20-2014 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanSteel7 (Post 1268057)
Personally, I think Peppis is way better than PB. I've been to both and prefer Peppis, just my opinion though.

True... but, it's like going to New York and not seeing the Statue of Liberty.

Primanti Bros. is as much about the experience as it is about the food... especially on game day: Pirates fans everywhere; shopping for "Zoltan" t-shirts along the way; and, the atmosphere of getting a sandwich with fries & slaw on it.

CanSteel7 02-20-2014 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teegre (Post 1268065)
True... but, it's like going to New York and not seeing the Statue of Liberty.

Primanti Bros. is as much about the experience as it is about the food... especially on game day: Pirates fans everywhere; shopping for "Zoltan" t-shirts along the way; and, the atmosphere of getting a sandwich with fries & slaw on it.

:hatsoff:

Yeah, You make a good point. My friend and I always try to come to the home opener for the Steelers every year and we usually do the same things every year because we love it! Peppis for a sandwich around noon and then for dinner, we go to Fiore's for a pizza. I have to say, the pizza is way better down there than the pizza placed up here where we live in Ontario.

teegre 02-20-2014 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanSteel7 (Post 1268070)
:hatsoff:

Yeah, You make a good point. My friend and I always try to come to the home opener for the Steelers every year and we usually do the same things every year because we love it! Peppis for a sandwich around noon and then for dinner, we go to Fiore's for a pizza. I have to say, the pizza is way better down there than the pizza placed up here where we live in Ontario.

I've found that the water makes the pizza.

Bad water, bad dough. Good water, good dough.

Pizza Port in SD imports water (as well as making their dough & sauces daily, from scratch). Why? SD water tastes like a swimming pool. Ich!!!

43Hitman 02-20-2014 02:52 PM

This is the year that I find a way to the Burgh, either to TC or a game, but it has to be this year dammit! lol

Justin Otstott 02-20-2014 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 43Hitman (Post 1268084)
This is the year that I find a way to the Burgh, either to TC or a game, but it has to be this year dammit! lol

I been saying this for 3 years now LOL, finally I'm coming back to Pittsburgh! 3 Pirates games this year and planning on attending a Steelers/Ratbirds game next season.

Primanti Bros. shall be on my list to eat! Anybody try Bettis's restaurant?

steelfury02 02-20-2014 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin Otstott (Post 1268090)
I been saying this for 3 years now LOL, finally I'm coming back to Pittsburgh! 3 Pirates games this year and planning on attending a Steelers/Ratbirds game next season.

Primanti Bros. shall be on my list to eat! Anybody try Bettis's restaurant?

Take a look at Bettis Grille but not worth it - tourist trap IMO

Better off going to Beer Market and
http://the-beer-market.com/

Mullen's
http://www.mullensbarandgrill.com/pittsburgh/index.php

If you are going between August and October, I personally suggest Penn's Oktoberfest - right up there with genuine German brews

Peppi's is a mainstay, but yea - Primanti's all the way

If you're a foodie like me and don't mind traveling in every direction of Pittsburgh within a 45 mile radius, I have an endless list of dive bars and pizzerias - don't bother with Quaker Steak and Lube wings - unless they are bigger, crispier, and saucier that day, if you're lucky - get Louisiana Lickers and/or Atomic wings. See Duss Ave Cafe, Spencer's Down Under and Fat Head's - oh yea, Wiggy's Wings, Suds and Spuds

Don't bother with chains - that is what Pittsburgh is all about - Mom and Pop places

I'm from about 45 min north of Pittsburgh, now in Baltimore (yuck! I know)

Fire Arians 02-20-2014 03:45 PM

bell is gonna be the next barry foster, hopefully without the injury shortened career