Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   DUCE: (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=10248)

BIGBENFASTWILLIE 09-05-2006 07:24 PM

DUCE:

Im watching the Pitt/Car preaseason game on NFL Network that was played last week... I didnt get to watch so as i was flippin thru the channels i was happy it was on......
But, wathcin Duce run the ball is kinda scarry....He looks bad.....
Although on the good side...C.Batch doesnt look to bad...

Why are we keeping Duce on the roster...I know he put up good numbers for us when we first got him but that was 2 years ago, for seven games.....???????

SteelShooter 09-05-2006 07:27 PM

Re: DUCE:

I'm watching it also..................and I agree.

jaysta 09-05-2006 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIGBENFASTWILLIE (Post 145796)
Im watching the Pitt/Car preaseason game on NFL Network that was played last week... I didnt get to watch so as i was flippin thru the channels i was happy it was on......
But, wathcin Duce run the ball is kinda scarry....He looks bad.....
Although on the good side...C.Batch doesnt look to bad...

Why are we keeping Duce on the roster...I know he put up good numbers for us when we first got him but that was 2 years ago, for seven games.....???????

I've been questioning this since the release of Kuhn.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE 09-05-2006 07:33 PM

I know there have been many argument on this board about Kuhn, But i liked him and would rather have a young guy on the roster that has some speed and good size then Duce who has only been injured and is getting sluggish

BlackNGold203 09-05-2006 07:33 PM

The staff see something in him...or he wouldnt be here....

:cool: :cool:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE 09-05-2006 07:35 PM

Hopefully Duce is just "out of gameday shape" and will start running like he did 2 years ago as the season progresses

clevestinks 09-05-2006 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackNGold203 (Post 145809)

I hope! But I think that he cost us if we keep him, and he hurts our cap if we don`t. Before we could ever trade him WE need to prove that he is worthy!

jaysta 09-05-2006 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackNGold203 (Post 145809)

Don't kill me for saying this, but I'd like to know what the staff sees in him? I haven't read any good reports on Duce throughout training camp, and we can all see what he looks like in the preseason games.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE 09-05-2006 07:37 PM

Who won the 3rd CB spot Coulcough or McFadden

BlackNGold203 09-05-2006 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysta (Post 145815)
Don't kill me for saying this, but I'd like to know what the staff sees in him? I haven't read any good reports on Duce throughout training camp, and we can all see what he looks like in the preseason games.

Coaches see him everyday..I trust their judgement of talent....

He's not going to play much anyways...95% of the carries will be Willie and Verron...:cool: :cool: