Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Locker Room (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Do you like your job? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=102492)

ebsteelers 02-24-2014 08:07 PM

Do you like your job?

don't need to say where you work,

just wondering if anyone actually likes what they do or are more unless collecting a check..

me: i like some of the people, but hate the b.s, and fakeness that upper management always shows. at first you just deal with it, but being their 3 years it starts to get annoying especially when every time they ask you a question and you give an honest answer, they dont like it. #dontaskaquestionifyoudontwantanhonsteranswer

cant wait to find something new

harrison'samonster 02-24-2014 08:36 PM

Re: Do you like your job?

I enjoy my job. I work for a small, family owned business and the atmosphere that creates, along with the other employees really makes the job much better.

I also get to drive around a lot, and go from house to house, so I'm never in one place for long. I also get a good amount of exercise from work (which makes me happy).

NSMaster56 02-24-2014 09:01 PM

I'd like a job that paid more, but all things considered I mostly just enjoy being employed.

Every job has B.S. It's a sad fact of life.

So long as one pays enough and/or you can avoid the B.S. without getting buried in the lower ranks it's worth the long con.

But I'm fairly heartless, so I'm not a good barometer. I'd totally work at a job that was inherently 'evil' if it advanced my career, like a tobacco company or a cable service provider. :chuckle:

Bane 02-24-2014 09:10 PM

Right now, I'm a college student, so I have a pretty low-paying job. I did enjoy it, until we brought back an old manager to become the head-honcho.

He's a condescending douchebag to absolutely everyone, so he's made the job far less enjoyable.

That said, my career should hopefully be starting very soon, which I cannot fathom hating. I'll get back to you on that one in (again, hopefully) a couple of months.

teegre 02-24-2014 10:24 PM

I love my job.

ebsteelers 02-25-2014 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teegre (Post 1269301)
I love my job.

sitting on the beach, checking out the lovely ladies of san diego?

teegre 02-25-2014 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebsteelers (Post 1269480)
sitting on the beach, checking out the lovely ladies of san diego?

And... they don't even have to pay me. :chuckle:

NJarhead 02-25-2014 08:11 AM

Used to work for a top flight company and left due to the commute. I'm regretting that now as this company is as screwed up as a soup sandwich.

It doesn't help that I lost my passion for this field.

JonM229 02-25-2014 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWarDen86 (Post 1269490)
Used to work for a top flight company and left due to the commute. I'm regretting that now as this company is as screwed up as a soup sandwich.

It doesn't help that I lost my passion for this field.

My current job has made me lose passion for IT. I like the stuff I get to do, but the company is pretty screwed up. I'll be going back to school in the fall and won't be majoring in anything IT related. I'm very much looking forward to quitting, even though I'll probably be working a shitty retail job while in school.

NJarhead 02-25-2014 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM229 (Post 1269491)
My current job has made me lose passion for IT. I like the stuff I get to do, but the company is pretty screwed up. I'll be going back to school in the fall and won't be majoring in anything IT related. I'm very much looking forward to quitting, even though I'll probably be working a shitty retail job while in school.

Ironically, I may be changing career fields and recruiting for IT until I'm done with school. Then I'm going to teach. Money isn't important to me anymore. I want to love what I do.