Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Breaking News: Pats sign Darrelle Revis for 1 year, $12 million (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=102673)

Galax Steeler 03-12-2014 07:47 PM

Breaking News: Pats sign Darrelle Revis for 1 year, $12 million

Patriots signed CB Darrelle Revis to a one-year, $12 million contract.
Revis, 29 in July, finished his lone season in Tampa with 50 tackles, two picks, and two forced fumbles across 16 starts, making a successful recovery from his 2012 ACL tear. Despite being used improperly by since-fired Greg Schiano in zone coverage, Revis remained the top corner in the NFL. He will slide into Aqib Talib's old shadow corner role and provide an upgrade, eliminating opposing top wideouts. It's a perfect match of player and scheme. The Patriots beat out the Jets and Browns for Revis' services. In particular, look for RE Chandler Jones to benefit from Revis' lockdown back-end coverage with a breakout season.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4155/darrelle-revis

jacobo 03-12-2014 07:54 PM

Re: Breaking News: Pats sign Darrelle Revis for 1 year, $12 million

impressive signing, getting a guy who loves money more than anything on a one year deal

jjpro11 03-12-2014 07:57 PM

I don't understand how the two top teams in the AFC have enough money to go on free agency spending sprees.. It's not like they have cheap young QBs like Seattle and San Francisco. And it's not like they're the Browns with a roster full of below average, cheap players.

Fire Arians 03-12-2014 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjpro11 (Post 1276601)
I don't understand how the two top teams in the AFC have enough money to go on free agency spending sprees.. It's not like they have cheap young QBs like Seattle and San Francisco. And it's not like they're the Browns with a roster full of below average, cheap players.

pats won't have any money left over to sign a WR where they need help. I guess they have to count on ridley and blount to have 200 yd games :chuckle:

SteelerJT 03-12-2014 08:17 PM

Breaking News: Recent NFL Signings Prove There is no God

jjpro11 03-12-2014 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Arians (Post 1276604)
pats won't have any money left over to sign a WR where they need help. I guess they have to count on ridley and blount to have 200 yd games :chuckle:

So what? They'll still be one of the top two or three teams in the AFC again.. It seems like every off-season they are able to go after any big name player they want.

Atlanta Dan 03-12-2014 10:43 PM

Denver is all in for as long as Peyton can play - after Peyton goes they have no QB so who cares if they get blown up with these contracts in 2016 or so

Elway is like a gambler who is now in what Hunter Thompson called the double or nothing zone

Same with the Pats - Bill Belichick loses 30 points off his coaching IQ once Brady goes so paying Revis now makes sense (I know they won in 2008 with Cassell - I also know the Pats missed the playoffs and got boat raced by the Steelers in Foxboro that year)

SteelersCanada 03-12-2014 11:05 PM

@tony hipchest called it.

tony hipchest 03-13-2014 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Arians (Post 1276604)

they won't need money (and they still have $$$). Kenny Britt and Steve smith will probably wind up on their roster for next to nothing. Maybe even add in Sydney rice and Emmanuel sanders. All for less than that dumbass smurf Julian edelman hopes to get.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelersCanada (Post 1276682)
@tony hipchest called it.

Was there ever any doubt? They just so happened to have 15 mill sitting around in cap space. The bucs are their farm team. There's a reason belichick lobbied so hard for Greg shiano, and he is able to reap the rewards.

Talib, blount, revis... he pats were the first with their foot in the door on all of these.

steeltheone 03-15-2014 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjpro11 (Post 1276601)

The Patriots get rid of older players before their decline ( what the Steeler's used to do )