Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Gamer Chat (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Why Madden NFL 13 was unrealistic (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=102692)

Fire Arians 03-13-2014 05:42 PM

Why Madden NFL 13 was unrealistic

1. Steelers beat the Raiders in LA
2. Went through an entire season without 1) Woodley Injury 2) Polamalu Injury 3) A single o-line injury
3. Rashard Mendenhall led the NFL with 3,000 rushing yards
4. Sean Spence 26 sacks, pretty good for a guy on IR lol
5. Ike Taylor led the steelers with 8 interceptions
6. Divisional round in the playoffs was against Jacksonville. What the hell are they doing there?
7. The browns finished the season 10-6
8. Mike Wallace was clutch
9. Chris Rainey led the NFL in kickoff return TD's
10. The Steelers didn't allow a special teams TD
11. Re-signed Antonio brown for 5 years for 20 million :chuckle:

What was realistic
1. Peyton Manning choked in the playoffs again
2. half of the time running a play-action, big ben got sacked before even getting a chance to throw the ball
3. Tebow kept burning ike taylor for long gainers

Buddha Bus 03-13-2014 05:45 PM

Re: Why Madden NFL 13 was unrealistic

How did Mike Tomlin do in tackling?

Fire Arians 03-13-2014 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buddha Bus (Post 1277265)
How did Mike Tomlin do in tackling?

no, i'm sure that will be incorporated in 14'

he did have the 'thousand mile stare' when i was down 21-0 against the cowboys but i came back to whoop that ass

funny thing is the game-tying score was an ike taylor int ret for a td lol. when does he ever catch those

Buddha Bus 03-13-2014 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Arians (Post 1277352)
no, i'm sure that will be incorporated in 14'

he did have the 'thousand mile stare' when i was down 21-0 against the cowboys but i came back to whoop that ass

funny thing is the game-tying score was an ike taylor int ret for a td lol. when does he ever catch those

Never underestimate the pure choking power of Tony Romo. His ability to throw away a game far exceeds Ike's inability to catch a football. :chuckle:

Fire Arians 03-13-2014 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buddha Bus (Post 1277368)
Never underestimate the pure choking power of Tony Romo. His ability to throw away a game far exceeds Ike's inability to catch a football. :chuckle:

very good point, and true lol

IowaSteeler927 03-14-2014 05:18 AM

I can't stand Madden. I bought the Xbox One version and promptly traded it in for credit on Titanfall. They really need to make it an every 2-3 year release instead of a yearly release so the developers can actually add some features to the game. As it sits it's a football version of Call of Duty. It gets a slight facelift every year, a few minor changes, and everything else stays the same. It could be so much better. Crowds could be more realistic, they could record more analyst commentary, the sideline animations could be much better, they could get rid of the glitchy physics, etc...

I still think ESPN NFL 2K5 is still the best football game to date. The presentation in that game is STILL better than any of the Madden games.

Fire Arians 03-18-2014 12:39 PM

so i turned on 15 min quarters and big ben threw 12 TD's, and phil simms didn't mention one time about ben breaking the NFL record for td's in a game.

wonder if he would if i was playing as tom brady or manning

Lokki 03-18-2014 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaSteeler927 (Post 1277667)
I can't stand Madden. I bought the Xbox One version and promptly traded it in for credit on Titanfall. They really need to make it an every 2-3 year release instead of a yearly release so the developers can actually add some features to the game. As it sits it's a football version of Call of Duty. It gets a slight facelift every year, a few minor changes, and everything else stays the same. It could be so much better. Crowds could be more realistic, they could record more analyst commentary, the sideline animations could be much better, they could get rid of the glitchy physics, etc...

I still think ESPN NFL 2K5 is still the best football game to date. The presentation in that game is STILL better than any of the Madden games.

Truth. This is why I only buy it every few years. I can deal with outdated rosters for a couple of years. They should release it every few years, like you said, but then in the years in between, just release roster updates.

SteelersCanada 03-18-2014 02:11 PM

I'm one of the suckers they con into buying it every year. '25 on PS3 isn't bad, it could be a lot better though.

IowaSteeler927 03-19-2014 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lokki (Post 1279620)
Truth. This is why I only buy it every few years. I can deal with outdated rosters for a couple of years. They should release it every few years, like you said, but then in the years in between, just release roster updates.

It's just so bad when there's third party football games out there that don't even have NFL licensed teams, and they've got more realistic sideline animations, and injuries than Madden which is supposed to be the be all, end all of football video games. There's still people updating the rosters on ESPN NFL 2K5 to current NFL rosters.

I hate that EA has the NFL locked down. It's pretty obvious Madden is nothing but a cash cow for EA and they don't care so much about making the game better and adding new features as they do about forcing a new copy out yearly so they can make that $$$. It really is the Call of Duty of sports games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Han5do8R0vs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pw_KFNbATTY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_hGRPylqJg