Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   From the "No Sh!t Sherlock" files (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=102746)

Vis 03-19-2014 06:09 AM

From the "No Sh!t Sherlock" files

Spikes, Talib say Patriots file false injury reports

Two former Patriots say the team put false information about them on official injury reports.

Brandon Spikes and Aqib Talib have both said since leaving New England in free agency that when they were on the Patriots last year, the team gave them injury designations that weren’t accurate. Spikes ended last season on injured reserve with a knee injury, and there were reports that Patriots coach Bill Belichick actually put Spikes on IR because Spikes had shown up late to practice. Spikes seemed to confirm that in an interview on WGR in Buffalo.

“I heard they put me on IR and stuff like that. That was just a false report,” Spikes said, via ESPN.com. “That’s just how things go there. Almost like what happened with Talib and his hip.”

Talib was on injury reports last season with hip injuries, but after signing with the Broncos he said he never had a hip injury.

“The Patriots have their way of reporting stuff, but I haven’t had a hip problem since Tampa,” Talib said. “The injury I had was actually a quad injury. It was reported as a hip injury, but that’s how they do things.”

That’s not how the NFL wants teams to do things. The league office may look into the possibility that the Patriots are playing fast and loose with injury reports.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...njury-reports/

Buddha Bus 03-19-2014 06:27 AM

Re: From the "No Sh!t Sherlock" files

I'm sure Goodell will crack down severely on his buddy Bob Kraft and the Patriots. Just like he did for Spygate. :jerkit:

He'll probably award them 2 draft picks and make a new Brady-only protection rule.

teegre 03-19-2014 07:13 AM

Wait... the Taperiots cheated???

Next, you'll be telling me that Hitler wasn't actually trying to save the Jews.

Lokki 03-19-2014 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teegre (Post 1279942)
Wait... the Taperiots cheated???

Next, you'll be telling me that Hitler wasn't actually trying to save the Jews.

He was.. it was all just a misunderstanding.

http://global3.memecdn.com/hitler_o_1320303.jpg

FanSince72 03-19-2014 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vis (Post 1279937)
Spikes, Talib say Patriots file false injury reports

Two former Patriots say the team put false information about them on official injury reports.

Brandon Spikes and Aqib Talib have both said since leaving New England in free agency that when they were on the Patriots last year, the team gave them injury designations that weren’t accurate. Spikes ended last season on injured reserve with a knee injury, and there were reports that Patriots coach Bill Belichick actually put Spikes on IR because Spikes had shown up late to practice. Spikes seemed to confirm that in an interview on WGR in Buffalo.

“I heard they put me on IR and stuff like that. That was just a false report,” Spikes said, via ESPN.com. “That’s just how things go there. Almost like what happened with Talib and his hip.”

Talib was on injury reports last season with hip injuries, but after signing with the Broncos he said he never had a hip injury.

“The Patriots have their way of reporting stuff, but I haven’t had a hip problem since Tampa,” Talib said. “The injury I had was actually a quad injury. It was reported as a hip injury, but that’s how they do things.”

That’s not how the NFL wants teams to do things. The league office may look into the possibility that the Patriots are playing fast and loose with injury reports.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...njury-reports/

And this means what?
That no other team in the history of the NFL has EVER filed a false injury report?

Ever?

Seriously?

Buddha Bus 03-19-2014 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FanSince72 (Post 1279959)
And this means what?
That no other team in the history of the NFL has EVER filed a false injury report?

Ever?

Seriously?

It doesn't mean that other teams haven't done it, but it's a widely known fact that the Patriots and Bill Belichick are notorious for playing a lot of games with the injury reports. They are habitual offenders of the rules governing it. This just adds more fuel and evidence to the fire.

Couple this with the Spygate thing and you have a pattern of behavior of an organization thumbing their collective noses at league rules and looking for ways to skirt them repeatedly. Do you think Goodell would look the other way if this were the Pittsburgh Steelers? I don't.

Where does it all end with the Pats* and their blatant breaking of the rules? If Tomlin were to do this habitually like BB, Goodell would be attempting to disband the damned team.

Fire Arians 03-19-2014 11:56 AM

Atlanta Dan 03-19-2014 12:47 PM

Agreed this is a hanging offense

Those of us who wager are entitled to totally honest injury reports:mad:

MasterOfPuppets 03-19-2014 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FanSince72 (Post 1279959)
And this means what?

Ever?

Seriously?

you would make a great defense attorney..:chuckle:

" ladies and gentlemen of the jury , keep in mind all the people that have committed armed robbery that weren't caught and didn't go to jail. is my client guilty ? well hell yeah he is. his only mistake was getting caught. i ask you ladies and gentlemen.... is it really fair and just to punish him just because he got caught ? if you can't punish them all than none should be punished. "

Buddha Bus 03-19-2014 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets (Post 1280189)
you would make a great defense attorney..:chuckle:

" ladies and gentlemen of the jury , keep in mind all the people that have committed armed robbery that weren't caught and didn't go to jail. is my client guilty ? well hell yeah he is. his only mistake was getting caught. i ask you ladies and gentlemen.... is it really fair and just to punish him just because he got caught ? if you can't punish them all than none should be punished. "

If he has to sit, you must acquit. :chuckle:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_GpIqc5vZK3...legends_15.jpg