Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   DeSean Jackson to most likely be cut by Eagles (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=102777)

SteelCurtain5643 03-22-2014 11:43 AM

DeSean Jackson to most likely be cut by Eagles

Wont restructure to validate a trade so it looks like the Eagles are going to cut him. Fuck him. Hes such a little bitch and a diva, I've never liked him

NSMaster56 03-22-2014 12:25 PM

Re: DeSean Jackson to most likely be cut by Eagles

You'd think by now, what with even proven vets like Steve Smith being cut, that athletes would know when not to push their luck.

Nobody is worth so much that a team will give in to their demands/pay their current deal if it saves them money.

Sports is a business and there are cheaper laborers out there. Capitalism in motion, people!

steeltheone 03-22-2014 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NSMaster56 (Post 1281723)
You'd think by now, what with even proven vets like Steve Smith being cut, that athletes would know when not to push their luck.

Nobody is worth so much that a team will give in to their demands/pay their current deal if it saves them money.

Sports is a business and there are cheaper laborers out there. Capitalism in motion, people!

I heard they were asking a number 3 pick for Jackson. That is a bargain to the right team.

SteelerJT 03-22-2014 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steeltheone (Post 1281793)
I heard they were asking a number 3 pick for Jackson. That is a bargain to the right team.

There's no such thing as a bargain for a diva who wants more than $10 million a year. You could draft a Jackson in this year's draft with that pick.

jacobo 03-22-2014 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelerJT (Post 1281800)
There's no such thing as a bargain for a diva who wants more than $10 million a year. You could draft a Jackson in this year's draft with that pick.

arent too many rookies that can catch 80 balls for 1400 yards.

this hurts foles. maclin coming off major knee surgery is a crapshoot at best. cooper isnt a number 1. unless they trade up for watkins or evans, they arent gonna replace jackson's production very easily

Millers the sh!t 03-22-2014 05:52 PM

New England pick up a wide out? They have what it takes to put this pud licker in his spot and teach him real teamwork and how to grow up and learn to be humble.

Here I sense Miami picking him up so they have two burners on each side of the field. Two selfish cry baby burners that are too good to throw a good honest block on a run play. Plus he won't have to worry about being a team player or checking his attitude at the door. They'll welcome a cancer like this into the locker room and keep the status quo what it seems to be in Miami.

I'd like to welcome my new born baby son into the world. Djedefere Cameron Cranston. Born 03/20/2014 at 11:07 p.m. 6lbs 7ozs,. 18" long.

zcoop 03-23-2014 04:17 PM

This is why pro football contracts are nothing but a real joke. Jackson didn't sign himself to the contract the team agreed to, they did. If they had no intention of honoring the deal, then don't sign the damn contract.

That's why I have no beef with players getting what they can up front in the NFL. In most other major sports the agreements are solid, can't say that for football. Interesting how some blast the players for wanting the teams to stand by the terms of the deal. But the minute the player is deemed useless for any reason, they can cut him on a whim. That's just fucked up. I don't blame DeSean.

:noidea:

fer522 03-23-2014 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Millers the sh!t (Post 1281837)

I'd like to welcome my new born baby son into the world. Djedefere Cameron Cranston. Born 03/20/2014 at 11:07 p.m. 6lbs 7ozs,. 18" long.

The average newborn baby spends 133 minutes every day crying.( cant wait :chuckle:)
Congrats on the new member of the steelers family!!!!

GodfatherofSoul 03-23-2014 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NSMaster56 (Post 1281723)

He'd probably be worth the money, but from what I heard on NFL radio this has everything to do with his attitude including mouthing off to an assistant coach for chastising him for slacking on one of the 2 INTs thrown by Foles. I can't recall the other 2 incidents they mentioned. If we're seeing this, odds are there's far worse going on in practice.

They were speculating he'd head to NY with Vick and Morningwig [sic].

NSMaster56 03-23-2014 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GodfatherofSoul (Post 1282161)
He'd probably be worth the money, but from what I heard on NFL radio this has everything to do with his attitude including mouthing off to an assistant coach for chastising him for slacking on one of the 2 INTs thrown by Foles. I can't recall the other 2 incidents they mentioned. If we're seeing this, odds are there's far worse going on in practice.

They were speculating he'd head to NY with Vick and Morningwig [sic].

There is often someone willing (desperate enough) to pay and the Jets seem like a decent fit in this case.

It's just funny how some guys are so irrationally confident that they think they won't be cut/traded when countless before them have been (of course, it's that irrational confidence which contributes to their success to begin with!).

Peyton F'ing Manning and Ed F'ing Reed have been cut these last few years. You'd think that would have been the biggest possible hint-hint for some players not to push their luck.