Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Ryan Clark signs (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=102865)

beer72 04-01-2014 03:51 PM

Ryan Clark signs

With the Redskins 1 year deal......

emarines 04-01-2014 03:55 PM

Re: Ryan Clark signs

it all came full circle. i wish him luck...he was one of my favorite modern day steelers!

austinfrench76 04-01-2014 04:09 PM

I wish Ryan luck. Definitely a full-circle situation and his love for Dan Snyder and Sean Taylor, etc. Wonder the contract?

pczach 04-01-2014 04:14 PM

Good luck to him. I'm not sure what kind of impact he can have on the field. Maybe he could help instill a mindset that breeds success with his younger teammates. The Redskins need leadership, and they also need to buy into a guy that has been on several #1 defenses and championship teams. If they're smart, they'll try to absorb as much as they can from him.

vasteeler 04-01-2014 04:18 PM

This shows you why the Steelers will always be in the thick of things and teams like the Skins(under current ownership) will continue to stink . I watched Clark play last year, IMO he is done. Thanks for the memories. I will always be a fan because at one time that dude could play. I hope he does well but i am glad that its not at our expense.

IamTheSteelGod 04-01-2014 04:44 PM

I honestly don't think he was as 'done' as people thought/think. He was solid against the run but more susceptible against the pass. I would much rather have a aggressive safety than some one who sits back and has a handful of picks a season. Anyway, good bye Clark. You're a legend. I will never forget that 08 AFC championship game when you literally threw your career into that hit on Magahee. You may have signed with the with your 'native' side, but you will for ever be remembered as one of the most hard hitting fucker the Steelers have ever seen.

Atlanta Dan 04-01-2014 04:54 PM

Glad Clark got a contract if he wants to keep playing - he was a great signing for the Steelers after Chris Hope signed with the Titans

Close to vet minimum pays better than a studio gig at ESPN

FrancoLambert 04-01-2014 05:22 PM

The disparity between his physical attributes and his ability to deliver a hit is remarkable.

Wish him luck...wish he could still "cover" for us, but he can't, we saw it last year.

Fire Arians 04-01-2014 05:22 PM

he wanted to retire as a redskin! :chuckle:

GodfatherofSoul 04-01-2014 05:26 PM

Great vet to bring in as a backup and for attitude. I was certain he was going straight to TV the way he's been doing interviews.