Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   [BREAKING] Owen Daniels agrees to deal with Baltimore Ravens (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=102889)

Buddha Bus 04-03-2014 05:36 PM

Owen Daniels agrees to deal with Baltimore Ravens

Owen Daniels agrees to deal with Baltimore Ravens
By Dan Hanzus
Around the League Writer
Published: April 3, 2014 at 05:35 p.m. Updated: April 3, 2014 at 06:09 p.m.

The Baltimore Ravens have added another weapon on offense.

NFL Media's Aditi Kinkhabwala reported Thursday that tight end Owen Daniels and the Ravens have agreed to terms on a deal, according to a source apprised of the negotiations. The team later confirmed the agreement.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported the agreement is for one year. The move reunites Daniels with Ravens offensive coordinator Gary Kubiak, who coached Daniels with the Houston Texans.

Daniels, 31, spent his first eight seasons with the Texans before being released last month. He acted as a dependable safety blanket for Matt Schaub in Houston, doing the bulk of his damage in the middle of the field. Daniels missed 11 games last season due to a broken leg, but had 385 catches and 29 touchdowns during his productive run in Houston.

(Read More:) http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...ltimore-ravens

__________________________________________________ _________

No surprise here as I heard rumblings about this possibility weeks ago and it makes sense as 1) they let Ed Dickson walk and 2) Gary Kubiak is the Ravens new OC. This could be a good pickup for them.

vasteeler 04-03-2014 06:02 PM

Re: Owen Daniels agrees to deal with Baltimore Ravens

fuck owen daniels

SteelersCanada 04-03-2014 06:07 PM

Gives Flacco a reliable target. Good, if not unspectacular pick up.

OX1947 04-03-2014 07:55 PM

Breaking News!!! Ravens suck buttholes.

Booted 04-03-2014 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OX1947 (Post 1287613)
Breaking News!!! Ravens suck buttholes.

That's not breaking news.:rofl:

Fire Arians 04-03-2014 08:33 PM

old and slow! :chuckle:

on another note is he bring brought in for backup duty? I mean they got pitta who i'd take over daniels at this point in their careers

NSMaster56 04-03-2014 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buddha Bus (Post 1287551)
NFL Media's Aditi Kinkhabwala reported...

I can't imagine why this guy isn't more famous.

lasteel 04-03-2014 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Arians (Post 1287618)
old and slow! :chuckle:

on another note is he bring brought in for backup duty? I mean they got pitta who i'd take over daniels at this point in their careers

Not really. He isn't old or slow.
This move was expected, Kubiak always uses 2 TE sets. Daniels is a pretty solid pickup.
The Ravens are quietly adding good peices Steve Smith, Daniels and C Zuttah. Thier receiving corp is pretty decent. Best TE duo in the NFL, WRs with size and speed Smith's, Jones and Marlon Brown.

Buddha Bus 04-04-2014 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lasteel (Post 1287722)
Best TE duo in the NFL

Best TE duo in the NFL?!? What about Gronk and Aaron Hernan...... ooops..... nevermind. :oops:

SteelersCanada 04-04-2014 10:31 AM

His best years are behind him. He has somewhat of an injury history, and he's over thirty. The Ravens are actually getting older than they were last year, which is somewhat staggering. They're adding veteran players, but have little to no quality talent with their younger players.

Once again, I see this as a solid signing, but ultimately unspectacular. I'd rather have one Gronkowski or Graham than Daniels and Pitta.