Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Blast Furnace (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   BENGALS HAVE THE HEART OF A CUB (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=10307)

Tankus_Maximus 09-07-2006 09:33 AM

BENGALS HAVE THE HEART OF A CUB
 
0-5....The Bengals inability to get fourth-quarter stops is one reason they were 0-5 in games they trailed after three quarters (including their play-off loss to PITT). No wonder they ponied up the big bucks for supersized Sam Adams. (credit ESPN The Mag).

Somebody say something about the Steelers/Ben's ability to come back in games?? hmm. The silence is deafening.

bigbensgirl7 09-07-2006 10:06 AM

Re: BENGALS HAVE THE HEART OF A CUB
 
some things never change. As soon as things start going bad, they sit and cry and fight amoungst theirselves instead of trying to overcome adversity!!! Also, the all so wonderful Palmer is not a QB with the leadership and ablitlty to play from behind-YEP I SAID IT!!!!!

Livinginthe past 09-07-2006 10:30 AM

Re: BENGALS HAVE THE HEART OF A CUB
 
Here are some interesting stats related to this debate.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/globe.a...tat/stats2.htm

Lets compare the Bengals and the Steelers results when they trail or are tied after the 2nd and 3rd quarters.


Behind or tied after 2 quarters

Steelers 1-3
Bengals 2-4

Behind or tied after 3 quarters

Steelers 0-4
Bengals 2-4

I think this makes a strong case for the Bengals and Palmer being the better at making comebacks

However I am not too sure how the stats relate exactly to the games Ben played - suffice to say that he definitely didnt engineer any 4th quarter comebacks last year in the regular season.

NM





Steelers

Tankus_Maximus 09-07-2006 10:55 AM

Re: BENGALS HAVE THE HEART OF A CUB
 
Week 5 Trailing in San Diego 22-21 going into the 4th quarter, Ben lead a drive that put his team into field goal range for the win. Steelers rally to beat the Chargers.

That qualifies as a 4th quarter comeback.

tony hipchest 09-07-2006 11:13 AM

Re: BENGALS HAVE THE HEART OF A CUB
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Livinginthe past (Post 146399)

However I am not too sure how the stats relate exactly to the games Ben played - suffice to say that he definitely didnt engineer any 4th quarter comebacks last year in the regular season.

NM





Steelers

thats cool how you bolded any.

SAN DIEGO (AP) -- It's a good thing the Bus is back, because now the Pittsburgh Steelers could be without Ben Roethlisberger.

Roethlisberger was helped off the field with an apparent knee injury shortly before Jeff Reed kicked a 40-yard field goal with 6 seconds left to give the Steelers a 24-22 win over the San Diego Chargers on Monday night.

Roethlisberger thrust both fists in the air in celebration from the bench, his left leg wrapped in ice and bandages.




``He laid it on the line,'' receiver Hines Ward said of the second-year quarterback. ``He's lying there hurt on the ground, and he said to me, 'At least we're in field goal range.'''

Steelers coach Bill Cowher had no information on the exact nature or severity of his QB's injury.

``It looked bad from what I saw up on the screen,'' Cowher said.

Trailing 22-21 in the fourth quarter, Roethlisberger moved the Steelers into San Diego territory and had completed a 9-yard pass to Antwaan Randle El when he was hit on the knee by the helmet of Chargers rookie lineman Luis Castillo.

nice try. now you can admit you were clearly wrong or try to spin it that there are 2 different definitions to "engineering game winning drives" and this one dont qualify

Livinginthe past 09-07-2006 12:28 PM

Re: BENGALS HAVE THE HEART OF A CUB
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tankus_Maximus (Post 146410)
Week 5 Trailing in San Diego 22-21 going into the 4th quarter, Ben lead a drive that put his team into field goal range for the win. Steelers rally to beat the Chargers.

That qualifies as a 4th quarter comeback.

I looked it up on nfl.com

The Steelers were leading 14-13 at the end of the 3rd quarter.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20051010_PIT@SD

NM

tony hipchest 09-07-2006 12:58 PM

Re: BENGALS HAVE THE HEART OF A CUB
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Livinginthe past (Post 146476)
I looked it up on nfl.com

The Steelers were leading 14-13 at the end of the 3rd quarter.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20051010_PIT@SD

NM

well thats great and all but if you correctly read the 1st post which said:



"0-5....The Bengals inability to get fourth-quarter stops is one reason they were 0-5 in games they trailed after three quarters (including their play-off loss to PITT). No wonder they ponied up the big bucks for supersized Sam Adams. (credit ESPN The Mag).

Somebody say something about the Steelers/Ben's ability to come back in games?? hmm. The silence is deafening."

(note the key word "after") you will see you are mistakingly trying to knock down someones very valid point (again).

and may the distortion continue...

SteelerFanInCA 09-07-2006 01:45 PM

Re: BENGALS HAVE THE HEART OF A CUB
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 146485)
well thats great and all but if you correctly read the 1st post which said:



"0-5....The Bengals inability to get fourth-quarter stops is one reason they were 0-5 in games they trailed after three quarters (including their play-off loss to PITT). No wonder they ponied up the big bucks for supersized Sam Adams. (credit ESPN The Mag).

Somebody say something about the Steelers/Ben's ability to come back in games?? hmm. The silence is deafening."

(note the key word "after") you will see you are mistakingly trying to knock down someones very valid point (again).

and may the distortion continue...

It's clear as day. It says "4th quarter" comebacks.

Tankus_Maximus 09-07-2006 02:17 PM

Re: BENGALS HAVE THE HEART OF A CUB
 
I've come to the opinion that the Bungles fans are expert spin-doctors.

Livinginthe past 09-07-2006 03:13 PM

Re: BENGALS HAVE THE HEART OF A CUB
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tankus_Maximus (Post 146527)
I've come to the opinion that the Bungles fans are expert spin-doctors.

Which Bungles fans might they be?

Even if I was to charitably credit the Steelers with that comeback victory that would still make the score 2-1 to Cincy.

I have got that right haven't I?

2-1 to cincy in 4th quarter comebacks?

Maybe Cincy have other comebacks in the 4th quarter that fall outside the original remit - who knows?

Maybe cantstop85 or someone could research that.

NM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum