Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   ** The War Room 2014 ** (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Who's your early favorite prospects for 2015? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=103278)

cbrunn 05-13-2014 05:11 PM

Who's your early favorite prospects for 2015?

Thread title says it all ... who are your players to watch out for in 2015

here are 3 of my favorite

Ifo Ekpre-Olomu - SR - CB

Quandre Diggs - SR - CB

and perhaps my favorite but only a JR - So Might not come out

PJ Williams - JR - CB

harrison'samonster 05-13-2014 05:14 PM

Re: Who's your early favorite prospects for 2015?

i pretty much wait for you guys to start your mocks, so i'll let you know in about a year

cbrunn 05-13-2014 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harrison'samonster (Post 1309561)
i pretty much wait for you guys to start your mocks, so i'll let you know in about a year

I like to get some ppl favorite so in case I see a random game on or I can try to look out and try to watch a game where that player is in it :drink:

teegre 05-13-2014 11:51 PM

Ifo Ekpre-Olomu

PhantomJB93 05-14-2014 12:29 AM

I'm not going to target any specific prospects but I'm just going to go ahead and say my way-too-early prediction for our 1st rounder next year is a TE. I don't think we invest a third straight pick in the front 7, I don't think the secondary is a huge priority as a result of said front 7, it will still be a year or two too early for a QB, and RB/WR seem pretty locked up. TE just strikes me as the position we'll focus on securing a really good, young prospect at to take over for Heath. I know many weren't a fan of his but I do think they did really seriously consider Eric Ebron with our 15th pick if he had fallen.

BLACK_AND_YELLOW 05-14-2014 11:20 AM

As a Clemson Fan this guy is a beast. If we dont re-sign Worilds I'd love for us to draft him but will most likely be a top 15 pick.

But last year at this time we had players like Louchiez Purifoy & potentially Jackson Jeffcoat going in round one of this years draft. A lot of things change over a year.

They'll be a guy who is projected to go in rounds 3-5 next year who'll wind up being a 1st round pick just like Khalil Mack who went 5th to the Raiders.

devin7558 05-14-2014 03:54 PM

Randy Gregory DE/OLB Nebraska
Michael Bennet DT/DE OSU
Ifo Ekpre-Olumo CB Oregon
PJ Williams CB Florida
Dante Fowler JR DE/OLB FLA
Andrus Peat OT Stanford
Devonte Fields DE/OLB TCU
Shalique Calhoun OLB Michigan State
Leonard Williams DE USC

Some of my notables. No particular order.
Deep pass rushing class when you mix in Vic Beasley and a few others.

Pappy 05-15-2014 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 (Post 1309644)
I'm not going to target any specific prospects but I'm just going to go ahead and say my way-too-early prediction for our 1st rounder next year is a TE. I don't think we invest a third straight pick in the front 7, I don't think the secondary is a huge priority as a result of said front 7, it will still be a year or two too early for a QB, and RB/WR seem pretty locked up. TE just strikes me as the position we'll focus on securing a really good, young prospect at to take over for Heath. I know many weren't a fan of his but I do think they did really seriously consider Eric Ebron with our 15th pick if he had fallen.

I agree, but it has to be a tight end that can also hold his own blocking in the running game. Heath doesn't, get enough credit for how good he blocks in the running game.

SteelersCanada 05-15-2014 04:59 PM

Dante Fowler, Dorial Green-Backham and Amari Cooper.

CanSteel7 05-15-2014 05:20 PM

Can we celebrate the 7th trophy first?! Then we can worry about the 32nd pick in the 2015 draft. :)