Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Law at it again (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1035)

JerseySTEEL 06-29-2005 08:49 PM

Law at it again

AP reports CB Ty Law -- still unsigned -- is continuing his job search. "I'm going to be the best cornerback in football this year," Law told SI.com's Peter King. "I'm just not sure where that's going to be yet." King reported that Law had just returned to his home in Aliquippa, Pa., after working out with the Jacksonville Jaguars. "I had a good workout in Jacksonville," he said. "They told me, 'Play corner,' and I went and did all the drills -- plant, cut, do every angle you can possibly do, sprint. I was fine. Now Miami wants me to come back and visit. But if you can't afford CB Patrick Surtain whom the Dolphins traded to Kansas City, how can you afford me? The Jets are interested. Kansas City called again. Tampa Bay faxed an offer. Indianapolis is in it. I got an offer, sight unseen for $2.5 million for one year. If I wasn't ready, I'd just take it. But I'm going to be ready to play and that's not the kind of contract I should get. Before they signed Surtain, the Chiefs gave me, like, a $42-million offer. But it was structured so bad that I'd probably only make $10 million before they'd cut me. So I didn't do it." King also reported that Law's recuperation has been delayed by the fact that he also had a ligament strain in his left foot in addition to the fracture. According to King, Law says the sprain went undiagnosed by the Patriots' medical staff. "If it had been diagnosed on time, I'd have been ready for someone's mini-camp," he said. "But now I'm about 85 percent and I know I'll be fine for training camp."

BlitzburghRockCity 06-29-2005 11:47 PM

Re: Law at it again

Quote:

$42-million offer. But it was structured so bad that I'd probably only make $10 million before they'd cut me.
well duh, what did u expect?

hardwork 06-30-2005 02:30 AM

Yeah, Laws got a big mouth, but so far he's been able to back it up. So far.

bengalsfan21 06-30-2005 04:46 AM

If Carlos Rogers can't get his fracture healed we might see Washington make an offer.

clevestinks 06-30-2005 08:22 PM

A big mouth doesn`t always mean big pay. He was one of the best. Was , still maybe but I`m not sure.

BlitzburghRockCity 06-30-2005 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bengalsfan21
If Carlos Rogers can't get his fracture healed we might see Washington make an offer.

I wouldnt put it past Dan Snyder to try, thats for sure.

bengalsfan21 07-01-2005 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
I wouldnt put it past Dan Snyder to try, thats for sure.

I think it would be good for Carlos Rogers, and the Redskins...Redskins get a good cb to groom Rogers, and Rogers gets a good veteran to look up to and learn from.

clevestinks 07-01-2005 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bengalsfan21
I think it would be good for Carlos Rogers, and the Redskins...Redskins get a good cb to groom Rogers, and Rogers gets a good veteran to look up to and learn from.

this has possiblities!

BlitzburghRockCity 07-01-2005 08:42 PM

And the skins can use all the help they can get in the secondary.

clevestinks 07-01-2005 08:50 PM

They have had some pretty good corners in the past.