Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   [Article] Steelers TE Eric Waters says Michael Sam has changed (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=103999)

Buddha Bus 08-02-2014 10:57 AM

Steelers TE Eric Waters says Michael Sam has changed

Michael Sam's former roommate at Missouri says he's changed
By Nick Bromberg
August 1, 2014 11:47 AM
Dr. Saturday

Eric Waters, a former TE at Missouri, said he thinks former Missouri DE Michael Sam, the 2013 SEC Defensive Player of the Year, has changed.

Waters and Sam were roommates at Missouri. In February, Sam publicly announced he was gay and was drafted in the seventh round of the NFL draft by the St. Louis Rams. Waters was undrafted and is currently at training camp with the Pittsburgh Steelers. If Sam plays in a game for the Rams he'll be the first openly gay player to play in the NFL.

“He is a nice guy, but I will say the truth: A little bit of him has changed,” Waters told the Pittsburgh Tribune. “It is really not my situation to speculate at this point, but he is not the same Michael Sam anymore.”

How does Waters think Sam has changed?

“Just the way he acts and carries himself,”Waters said. “I was watching the NFL Network the other day and I think it was Marshall Faulk who said that he keeps referring to himself in the third person as Michael Sam this, Michael Sam that. That's not the same guy we knew back when we were living together. He is not the same fun-loving, joking guy that really didn't care about stuff like publicity.”

(Read More:) http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...154735418.html

__________________________________________________ ______

Not sure why Waters would draw this kind of attention to himself while attempting to earn a roster spot on an NFL team. Nothing good can come from this. I just wish professional athletes would avoid Twitter and the like, at least during camp, preseason, and the regular season. Save that nonsense for the offseason. You have bigger fish to fry.

Goldsteel86 08-02-2014 11:33 AM

Re: Steelers TE Eric Waters says Michael Sam has changed

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buddha Bus (Post 1342964)
By Nick Bromberg
Dr. Saturday

Eric Waters, a former TE at Missouri, said he thinks former Missouri DE Michael Sam, the 2013 SEC Defensive Player of the Year, has changed.

Waters and Sam were roommates at Missouri. In February, Sam publicly announced he was gay and was drafted in the seventh round of the NFL draft by the St. Louis Rams. Waters was undrafted and is currently at training camp with the Pittsburgh Steelers. If Sam plays in a game for the Rams he'll be the first openly gay player to play in the NFL.

“He is a nice guy, but I will say the truth: A little bit of him has changed,” Waters told the Pittsburgh Tribune. “It is really not my situation to speculate at this point, but he is not the same Michael Sam anymore.”

“Just the way he acts and carries himself,”Waters said. “I was watching the NFL Network the other day and I think it was Marshall Faulk who said that he keeps referring to himself in the third person as Michael Sam this, Michael Sam that. That's not the same guy we knew back when we were living together. He is not the same fun-loving, joking guy that really didn't care about stuff like publicity.”

Not sure why Waters would draw this kind of attention to himself while attempting to earn a roster spot on an NFL team. Nothing good can come from this. I just wish professional athletes would avoid Twitter and the like, at least during camp, preseason, and the regular season. Save that nonsense for the offseason. You have bigger fish to fry.

Umm, Michael Sam would be a different man if he met the Piss Monkey!!! :monkey:

teegre 08-02-2014 12:33 PM

Tony Dungy just added Eric Waters to his fantasy football team.

OX1947 08-02-2014 12:45 PM

Fame changes 99.9/100. Human beings are weak. If they are exposed to the attention too long, they succumb to its disease.

Atlanta Dan 08-02-2014 12:48 PM

So sad to read Eric Waters is the first person who no longer hears from his college roommate after graduation

desertsteel 08-02-2014 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buddha Bus (Post 1342964)
By Nick Bromberg
Dr. Saturday

Goodell is going to hand down a 6-game suspension on him for those remarks. It would be best if he didn't make the team so that he can avoid the suspension.

The_Joker 08-02-2014 03:33 PM

Oh, it's only about a collage teammate. I think you got Cap's hopes up.

Steelers>NFL 08-02-2014 06:00 PM

who cares bout M. Sammie!

Hawaii 5-0 08-02-2014 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desertsteel (Post 1343008)
Goodell is going to hand down a 6-game suspension on him for those remarks. It would be best if he didn't make the team so that he can avoid the suspension.

he could always knock a woman unconscious and get his suspension reduced to 2 games...

tony hipchest 08-02-2014 07:19 PM

Isn't he one of the 10 udfa's that the likes of mark kaboly, enjoy tweeting and writing about, that has tons of potential upside and is supposed to make the team?

Did he pancake a running back named Miguel as well? :yawn:

This has been the best UDFA class ever! We definitely need more interviews with these guys so we can get to know them.