Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Steelers Experience (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Met any Steelers you didn't like? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1072)

LambertIsGod58 07-06-2005 12:52 PM

Met any Steelers you didn't like?

Just wondering if you've met any Steelers you didn't like? I collect alot of autographed memorabilia and have met several players.

Players I didn't like

1) Terry Bradshaw-total jerk, nothing like his on tv personna

2) Lynn Swann-almost as bad as Bradshaw

3) John Stallworth

4) Mel Blount

Players that were great

1) Rocky Bleier-nicest guy of em all

2) Andy Russell-very close to being as good as Bleier

3) Hines Ward

4) Jerome Bettis

5) Greg Lloyd

6) Jack Lambert-if he talked more, he'd be #1

bigbensgirl7 07-06-2005 12:56 PM

Re: Met any Steelers you didn't like?

I met both Terry and John Stallworth and they were both very nice to me!
I really haven't met any I disliked. I really like El, and Bettis when I met them. Greg Lloyd and Kevin Greene were also great!

LambertIsGod58 07-06-2005 12:58 PM

The thing with Brad and Stallworth is I PAID for their signatures and did nothing but treat people like cattle. I was being pushed through so fast I asked Brad to sign his jersey as the SB MVP for 9&10... Boy, I would have been pissed if he did.

bengalsfan21 07-06-2005 02:57 PM

Haven't met them but don't like them

Friday133 07-06-2005 03:20 PM

gary anderson sucked

plaxico burress was great!

Prosdo 07-06-2005 03:59 PM

I can't really recall any I didn't like. I would have to say the two nicest guys were Hines Ward and Jerome Bettis. They both were very friendly, answered questions, and joked around. Very nice guys.

BlitzburghRockCity 07-06-2005 06:36 PM

Bradshaw has been alot better w/ the fans since his apology and coming back to Pittsburgh that day a few years ago. He's still a bit on the arrogant and opinionated side though, but thats just his personality.

Met swann once, well sort of, I couldnt get an autograph, but I heard him talking to some fans and he seemed quite pleasant at the time.

Greg Lloyd was also a very gracious person when I met him, down to earth and nice as could be. You wont find a more fan friendly duo anywhere than Bettis and Ward.

clevestinks 07-06-2005 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Friday133
gary anderson sucked

plaxico burress was great!

Gary Anderson does suck, I had my youngest brother approach him for an auto, right after the Steelers /Bills scrimmage in Edinboro. My bro was 6 then, Anderson told him " Don`t bother me kid" I felt like kicking his arse!

Friday133 07-06-2005 09:08 PM

my dad owns a business on ohio river blvd. gary came in to pump up some footballs before practice and was a complete idiot.

i met plaxico in ross park mall 2 years ago christmas shopping, super nice guy. saw randel el last year at ross park too, but i didn't geta chance to introduce myself.

BlitzburghRockCity 07-06-2005 10:01 PM

Plax always seemed like a great guy w/ the fans, but his camera presence left much to be desired.