Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Prisco's Overated/Underated list.... (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1076)

BB2W 07-06-2005 05:48 PM

Prisco's Overated/Underated list....

CBS's Pete Prisco goes down each team and picks an overated and underated player. Here is what he said for the Steelers.....

Underrated: Larry Foote, linebacker

Foote played so well last season for the injured Kendrell Bell that he kept Bell on the bench when he returned. With Bell gone to Kansas City, Foote is now the entrenched as a starting inside linebacker.

Overrated: Jerome Bettis, running back

Bettis is a great guy and he's loved in Pittsburgh. But he isn't the threat he once was with the football. If he's starting at any point this year, it's a mistake for the Steelers. He should be a spot player now at this point in his career.

Here is the link for the rest of the article

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8622837

clevestinks 07-06-2005 07:20 PM

Re: Prisco's Overated/Underated list....

A mistake? A mistake that started 7 games and could have gone over a 1000. I would like to see him rest early season as much as possible! But overrated, bull!

bigbensgirl7 07-06-2005 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clevestinks
A mistake? A mistake that started 7 games and could have gone over a 1000. I would like to see him rest early season as much as possible! But overrated, bull!

I agree Cleve...to call Bettis overrated is just crazy! He proved everyone wrong last year when Duce got injured and I think he'll do the same this year (hopefully not due to an injury though) He will step up when we need him to

BlitzburghRockCity 07-06-2005 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clevestinks

Damn straight cleve. I hate prisco, I hate his writing it just pisses me off to know end. How in the world he still writes for any publication is beyond me! Anytime I see his article on any site, I dont even bother cuz it just irritates me.

Yeah, overrated, OK, he's the guy that helped Ben have the season he did by constantly the pressure of him w/ a solid running game. If it wasnt for bettis, we'd have not faired as well last year, and thats a fact.

Prosdo 07-06-2005 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbensgirl7
I agree Cleve...to call Bettis overrated is just crazy! He proved everyone wrong last year when Duce got injured and I think he'll do the same this year (hopefully not due to an injurey though) He will step up when we need him to

Exactly. The guy stepped up for his team. I don't see Bettis as overrated at all.

BlitzburghRockCity 07-06-2005 11:03 PM

When Jerome is in the HOF, and prisco is still writing worthless BS..we'll see who's overrated...

atlsteelers 07-07-2005 11:01 AM

okay here is my most overated player on the steelers and i am sure i will catch some heat for but its-
aaron smith. i just do not like the guy - he is a bum - so some think he is an all pro - more like all idiot - what the hell was he doing holding on that play in the afc championship drive what was it 3rd and 20 and he tackles the running back coming out of the backfield - what too much pressure - oh yeah too bad he never pressured the qb. that penalty may have been the biggest play in the game. i have no idea why the steelers pay that bum so much money

clevestinks 07-07-2005 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atlsteelers
okay here is my most overated player on the steelers and i am sure i will catch some heat for but its-
aaron smith. i just do not like the guy - he is a bum - so some think he is an all pro - more like all idiot - what the hell was he doing holding on that play in the afc championship drive what was it 3rd and 20 and he tackles the running back coming out of the backfield - what too much pressure - oh yeah too bad he never pressured the qb. that penalty may have been the biggest play in the game. i have no idea why the steelers pay that bum so much money

I really hate disagreeing with a Steelers fan, BUT, one play doesn`t make a season, in the NFL refs could call holding every single play if they wanted to. They stars get away with it. Aaron has been Underrated for a couple years now. Are D-linemen have a role on D, while our lb get all the press. He is great in his role!

steelparrot 07-07-2005 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atlsteelers

Even though I was incredibly pissed after that play happened, it didn't make him an overated player. He rarley makes stupid mistakes like that.

Tha rock 07-16-2005 01:29 PM

I hate to say this but sapp is the most overated player in the Nfl!!