Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NCAA Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Is it time for JoePA to retire? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1083)

BlitzburghRockCity 07-07-2005 01:42 AM

Is it time for JoePA to retire?

Yeah I know we have a PSU thread, but the legend himself deserves his own ;)

So whatcha think, is he holding on too long?

BB2W 07-07-2005 05:01 PM

Re: Is it time for JoePA to retire?

I think it is sad that Paterno could not end his carrer on top. I am not sure why they are not an elite football program anymore. I dont think Joe Pa is to blame.......he is a statue. He does not call the plays.

I do think play calling is far to conservative, but the last 4 bad seasons can all be blamed on Zack Mills. He is the worst QB I have ever seen play. He was on some teams with great defenses.

I am not sure that todays athlete or recruit identifies with Paterno, and they dont seem to respond.

He always lets upper-classmen play and is more concerned with graduation rate than win loss record and tha NCAA needs more people like that.

I will miss him when he's gone, but I look forward to him stepping down and I think that should be whenever he is ready

clevestinks 07-07-2005 06:56 PM

i would have like to see him leave with a descent season. But he has probably hung on too long, but you cannot ask him to leave, he has to be able to make his own descision! I`m hoping for a +.500 season then a sweet goodbye!

BlitzburghRockCity 07-07-2005 09:08 PM

The lions have a few very good players, but overall, the talent level just isnt there for the forseeable future for him unfortunately.

makaveli_steeler36 07-07-2005 11:39 PM

as much as all the penn state fans here have told me they hate nebraska, penn state is my second favorite college football team. i would be sad to see him retire, but i think it is time he did. he is already one of the best ever and has nothing to prove. i hope he goes out a winner like osborne did

Prosdo 07-08-2005 12:53 AM

I have to agree. I would hate to see him go, but I think the time is coming soon.

Blitzburgh55 07-15-2005 03:46 PM

yea it is he needs to go

Mean Machine 07-16-2005 11:31 AM

The guy should of retired 10 years ago! Drink some brews, go fishing, sit in any easy chair...Enjoy the remaining years of your life, JoePA!

clevestinks 07-17-2005 06:36 PM

needs to go, but DESERVES to stay.

ironcitychef 07-18-2005 11:30 AM

Deserves as long as he has a plan. Can't remember after Arrington, a Lion getting drafted high? A little help here...