Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Sports Dimension (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Tour DeFrance (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1101)

clevestinks 07-10-2005 06:54 AM

Tour DeFrance

Is anyone following Lance Armstrongs journey for a seventh Tour DeLance title? He truly is an amazing story. I beleive his heart, and determination is second to none. he is one of the true warriors in sports today. Go Lance and Go U.S.A.

Prosdo 07-10-2005 08:22 AM

Re: Tour DeFrance

I didn't follow this one. I did do a presentation on him for school a few months ago. The man surely has determination. It's very inspiring what he has gone through and where he is now.

ironcitychef 07-12-2005 12:09 PM

Cleve, been following even back when Greg LeMond was winning. Today was the first part of the mountains and Lance started to separate the Man from the field. It is incredible to watch. Some can win stages, but no one puts together an entire race like him.

clevestinks 07-12-2005 02:44 PM

Ive been watching for years myself. Back when you would only see highlight on Wide World of Sports. He is a beast. And as of today, he has the yellow jersey back.

ironcitychef 07-14-2005 05:19 PM

Watch out guys...gotta let the French man win on Bastille Day. Then the sprinters will gain a couple minutes on the flat stage tomorrow. Then Lance gets pumping by taking out the mountains and leaving all in the wake. It will hurt losing Beltran, but Lance will carry the team himself if he needs to. I honestly haven't seen a better mix of style and climbing ability.

clevestinks 07-14-2005 06:09 PM

I hear you Chef. Lance is the total package. I see his :38 lead starting to increase this weekend, by Tues there will be little doubt. Just coasting and pacing right now.

clevestinks 07-18-2005 05:43 PM

Lance is really starting to seperate himself now. It was nice seeing Hipcanie win a stage.

ironcitychef 07-19-2005 11:20 AM

All 3 Discovery riders on the stage! Other teams take note...Popovich is coming.

clevestinks 07-19-2005 08:03 PM

Looking forward to Sat. Lance said that he will go all out in the last time trial, whether he needs it or not. True competitor!

ironcitychef 07-20-2005 11:37 AM

It will be like before Lance will go all out, but will have enough cushion to take it gentle at the tough corners, where Ullrich had to push and slipped on the wet corner and cost him...