Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Tailgate Party (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Heinz Field Tailgating Info (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=11160)

SteelersFan_in_KC 10-02-2006 12:34 PM

Heinz Field Tailgating Info
 
Hey forum regulars, I need some advice:

I live in KC but have been a huge Steelers fan for years since I met Terry Bradshaw when I was a kid. Four of us (three from KC, one from Pittsburgh area) are coming to Heinz Field for the first time for the Steelers-Chiefs game on the 15th. Three Steelers fan and one Chiefs fan, but you have to respect him for putting up with us at those Steeler victories in KC a few years back.

What is the tailgating situation like and where is the ideal spot to park? What time do we need to get there to be sure we get a good parking spot for tailigating? This is a huge part of the game experience at Arrowhead and I just wonder if it's the same at Heinz? Hopefully, this means grilling out and sitting in the parking lot for several hours before the game.

Thanks for any advice! Much appreciated!

Doctore 10-04-2006 11:34 PM

Re: Heinz Field Tailgating Info
 
Wish I could help.....looking to travel from Canada on same date. Will follow any direction from the regulars that you get. Good Luck

ARKIESTEEL 10-05-2006 05:22 AM

Re: Heinz Field Tailgating Info
 
You mugs need to check with Dom!!

Stlrs4Life 10-05-2006 05:05 PM

Re: Heinz Field Tailgating Info
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelersFan_in_KC (Post 157456)
Hey forum regulars, I need some advice:

I live in KC but have been a huge Steelers fan for years since I met Terry Bradshaw when I was a kid. Four of us (three from KC, one from Pittsburgh area) are coming to Heinz Field for the first time for the Steelers-Chiefs game on the 15th. Three Steelers fan and one Chiefs fan, but you have to respect him for putting up with us at those Steeler victories in KC a few years back.

What is the tailgating situation like and where is the ideal spot to park? What time do we need to get there to be sure we get a good parking spot for tailigating? This is a huge part of the game experience at Arrowhead and I just wonder if it's the same at Heinz? Hopefully, this means grilling out and sitting in the parking lot for several hours before the game.

Thanks for any advice! Much appreciated!


Yes the tailgating scene at Heinz is the same. You need to get there basically when the lots open 5 hours before game time. I believe that is a 1:00pm start, so the lots open at 8am. Your best bet is to try to get a parking pass on ebay if ya can. Or try the Blue North Canal Lot, that is open to the public, but you got to get there at 8am. If you are just joining a tailgate, you can park in any of the Parking garages. Or you can join us at our tailgate. Look back to this foprum next monday, I'll post the details.


Here's a map of our lots:

http://www.alcoparking.com/images/gameday_view.jpg

Lyn 10-05-2006 07:21 PM

Re: Heinz Field Tailgating Info
 
It is a 4:15pm start so the lots will be open at 11:15am. My club is having their annual tailgate party for that game. We will be in Gold Lot 1. Look for a beige Cadillac Escalade and a Black'NGold Pride flag flying high. Gold Lot 1 is the closest you can get to the stadium.
I would suggest you park your car at station square and take the ferry over. There are places to park depending upon how deeply you want to get into your pockets, also they will let the out of state cars in, if you are in line. (or some parking god guy told us that).



Stop in if you get a chance!~ We will also have a post tailgate. Where are you staying?

:tt02:

Stlrs4Life 10-08-2006 12:00 PM

Re: Heinz Field Tailgating Info
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyn (Post 158474)
It is a 4:15pm start so the lots will be open at 11:15am. My club is having their annual tailgate party for that game. We will be in Gold Lot 1. Look for a beige Cadillac Escalade and a Black'NGold Pride flag flying high. Gold Lot 1 is the closest you can get to the stadium.
I would suggest you park your car at station square and take the ferry over. There are places to park depending upon how deeply you want to get into your pockets, also they will let the out of state cars in, if you are in line. (or some parking god guy told us that).



Stop in if you get a chance!~ We will also have a post tailgate. Where are you staying?

:tt02:

Glad you reminded me Lyn, I would have shown up at 8am wiondering where everybody is at!

Lyn 10-08-2006 02:40 PM

Re: Heinz Field Tailgating Info
 
LOL I can see why that could happen with all the organizing you do!~ See you Sunday!~


:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

SteelCityMan786 10-08-2006 05:00 PM

Re: Heinz Field Tailgating Info
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life (Post 158925)
Glad you reminded me Lyn, I would have shown up at 8am wiondering where everybody is at!

As well as, why the heck are the lots not open yet.:toofunny:

MyCuz64Furness 10-08-2006 05:19 PM

Re: Heinz Field Tailgating Info
 
I went to the home opener and it was my first game ever in Pa.......we got a Gold Lot2 pass off of ebay......since we were driving we brought a cooler with food and disposable grills and met some friends from Pa there.........the tailgate was the best experience I've ever had at a football game.......everybody was like family......offering their own food for us and asking us about our trip up.......was a great time........the best part was only the few feet walk from the lot to the stadium......good luck and have a great time :tt02: :tt02:

boomor 09-13-2007 11:48 AM

Re: Heinz Field Tailgating Info
 
what about tailgating....I am coming up from SC and would like to find someone to hang with prior to the 49ers game. We are stating at the Doubletree hotel and thought about just walking instead of getting a parking pass. I have never been to a NFL game before (only college) and I have alway been able to find people to tailgate with. I did not know though, if I do not have a pass to get into a parking place, can we walk in???? Any advice would be great. I know I brought this up a couple of months ago and it was suggested to wait until closer to the game and someone would most likely be accommodating! boomor@hotmail.com


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum