Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Which Would Be Your Choice And Why? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=11206)

Lyn 10-04-2006 01:56 PM

Which Would Be Your Choice And Why?

Would you rather see the Steelers get the ball on the opening kickoff or the second half?

HometownGal 10-04-2006 02:01 PM

Re: Which Would Be Your Choice And Why?

Definitely the second half, as if they are playing from behind, they've had a chance to rest, refocus and regroup - also, the coaches have that break at the half to reorganize their game plan, if necessary.

19ward86 10-04-2006 02:15 PM

it seems that we do better when we get ahead,but we barely ever allow points on the opening drive, so i would have to say after the half. it really doesnt matter unless ben is having a good game or not, because some might not see it but this offense does revolve around him.unless we keep the bolts to under 7 pts then ben needs to have an amazing game compared to his past games.

Hines0wnz 10-04-2006 02:23 PM

About 95% of the time I would say take the ball in the second half. However, in this game against SD, I'd prefer them to get the ball first. Ben and the O need to get off to a good start. I'm not saying the defense would surrender points on the opening drive of the game but there is no need to make Ben shakey from the start by being down a touchdown.

Haiku_Dirtt 10-04-2006 02:41 PM

2nd half. Let the defense dictate early tempo and quiet the crowd quickly.

steelfan 92 10-04-2006 03:20 PM

i would have to agree with haiku. get the ball in the second half. let the defense go out there and punch san diego right in the mouth. lets shut down their run and make phillip rivers try to beat us.

ARKIESTEEL 10-04-2006 04:24 PM

Depends on who we are playing. With SD I say give them the ball shut down their run and make them pass. And zone blitz the crap out of Their QB.

Let Parker rest as much as he can then Get the ball in the 3rd and let Willie run it down the guts

Stlrs4Life 10-04-2006 05:06 PM

I have to go with my brother, he is always pissed when we take the opoening KO. He always wants the ball in the 2nd Half.

SteelersWoman 10-04-2006 05:25 PM

I'd rather we had it on the second half. I don't think it's gonna make any difference for Big Ben if the Chargers are up a TD or not if he's back up to playing speed.

If he's still suffering from the same problems that have plagued him so far, it's not gonna matter either way anyway.

Elvis 10-04-2006 07:36 PM

These threads have absolutely went to far now.....